• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
I've got cleaned and repaired versions of both HeartGold and SoulSilver and they don't crash in Des.

lucky, how did you get them? i wish mine worked, i have literally tried everything from switching from mac to windows. Using rudolf's patch and downloading the rom from a different website. Still crashes after the 4th gym.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2013
Hi. I'm new here and I've been having problems with my soul silver rom. I have rudolf's patch and I'm using the anti-freeze action replay codes and the game works fine other than an occasional sprite glitch which leads to a black screen, which is no big deal because I just load from my last save. But my main problem is when I defeat the elite four and it auto saves, it either freezes on the credits or it black screens when the credits are over. Any help?

pokemicro

pokemicro
Years
I found a fix for no$gba that works for me and it hasn't freezed what so ever. Go to youtube and type in "How to fix your NO$GBA Emulator For Heart Gold and Soul Silver Roms American Version" and click the second link.

KtTuLu

P-a-t-t-y-w-a-c-k-e-r
Years
Hi
I can run Heart gold fine without crashing/freezing using the anti-piracy patch
The original heart gold file always works

but whenever I try to play a HGSS hack, and apply a patch to the original file, the freezing automatically starts back up again

anyone have any ideas?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
is that possible? I have never played a game where i had to save a state because i thought DS games didn't allow it.
Yes. DeSmuME allows you to use save states.

Hi
I can run Heart gold fine without crashing/freezing using the anti-piracy patch
The original heart gold file always works

but whenever I try to play a HGSS hack, and apply a patch to the original file, the freezing automatically starts back up again

anyone have any ideas?
I can only see two possibilities.
1) Wrong patching
2) The patch only works with anti-piracy

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2012
Hi. I'm new here and I've been having problems with my soul silver rom. I have rudolf's patch and I'm using the anti-freeze action replay codes and the game works fine other than an occasional sprite glitch which leads to a black screen, which is no big deal because I just load from my last save. But my main problem is when I defeat the elite four and it auto saves, it either freezes on the credits or it black screens when the credits are over. Any help?

I have the same issues with same emulator, Desmume 0.9.8... i have beaten the Elite Four but after the credits the screen go black and i can't do anything...
I can also tell that, when i load the rom, the screen is completely white and the intro will not start over... i have to load a saved game (not in-game save, obviusly).

Can you help us? I have some gyms to obliterate and a lone trainer to smash in a cave. Thx all!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2012
is there patch to fix the pokeball spinning glitch? please help!!

please someone answer me how can i fix the pokeball spinning glitch during battles i can only battle like 30% of all the trainers in HG and its really annoying please i need to fix this glitch!!!

Last edited:

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I decided to give SoulSilver one more shot after updating my copy of DeSmuME and adding in the AR codes to unlock the game. At first everything went well, with no freezes or blackouts; I even escaped back to the street after completing Sprout Tower (always a problem before). Unfoftunately, a new glitch turned up; when I emerged from the tower, half of Violet City had been replaced by uncrossable blackness. The Poké Mart had vanished, the first Gym was hanging on the edge of nowhere, and at least one NPC was hovering in unreachable space. I've attached a screenshot of the glitch, as usual.

Has anyone else had similar problems witth DeSmuME 0.9.9 and the HGSS games? Not being able to challenge the first Gym is very frustrating!

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
So I've tried the anti-piracy patch, I'm using desmume, and I've tried every cheat that claims to fix the freeze problem (but really just gets past the black screen that isn't a problem). The game still freezes every time I go to save regularly. I would use save states, but I can't get past the elite four and finish the game then. Anyone know how to fix the save crash problem?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I decided to give SoulSilver one more shot after updating my copy of DeSmuME and adding in the AR codes to unlock the game. At first everything went well, with no freezes or blackouts; I even escaped back to the street after completing Sprout Tower (always a problem before). Unfoftunately, a new glitch turned up; when I emerged from the tower, half of Violet City had been replaced by uncrossable blackness. The Poké Mart had vanished, the first Gym was hanging on the edge of nowhere, and at least one NPC was hovering in unreachable space. I've attached a screenshot of the glitch, as usual.

Has anyone else had similar problems witth DeSmuME 0.9.9 and the HGSS games? Not being able to challenge the first Gym is very frustrating!
Oh? This is a bug that was always in No$...
Anyways, you should be able to save and then reset to get rid of this bug...
But I'm truly surprised that this is on DeSmuME...

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
Running HeartGold on DeSmuME. Got both the ROM and Emulator from my usual site, Coolroms, which has never failed me before.
However, I notice Gold is walking very, very slowly.
The game itself seems to be perfectly fine, just a bit laggy, and Gold walks like he just got his leg broken and watched his puppy die.
He runs like a slow-motion action hero.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Running HeartGold on DeSmuME. Got both the ROM and Emulator from my usual site, Coolroms, which has never failed me before.
However, I notice Gold is walking very, very slowly.
The game itself seems to be perfectly fine, just a bit laggy, and Gold walks like he just got his leg broken and watched his puppy die.
He runs like a slow-motion action hero.
Use Action Replay for bigger speed, I guess...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2013
I read most of the post in this thread and even tried to search but still couldn't find a solution to my problem. I'm playin heartgold but it freezes randomly. Actually the emulator runs, I see background images proccessing but I can't control after it freezes. Because of that I back up every 10 min., but it bugs me so much. The country that I live in doesn't sell the game.

Is there any instructions to get rid of this freezing. I'm at elite four and I did play with a huge struggle until now. I am usin no gba 2.6

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I read most of the post in this thread and even tried to search but still couldn't find a solution to my problem. I'm playin heartgold but it freezes randomly. Actually the emulator runs, I see background images proccessing but I can't control after it freezes. Because of that I back up every 10 min., but it bugs me so much. The country that I live in doesn't sell the game.

Is there any instructions to get rid of this freezing. I'm at elite four and I did play with a huge struggle until now. I am usin no gba 2.6
Unfortunately, there's no fix for No$GBA...
It's apparently working without freezes on DeSmuME but you cannot transfer saves between emulators so you need to continue saving every 10 minutes...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 18, 2015
After applying the AP patch for Heart Gold I didn't really run into any major problems (Just the occasional sprite missing) And whenever I encountered the problem of the black screen where music was still playing but you are not able to see anything, I came up with a solution, well it works for me anyway. :P I simply saved the game (not a saved state) and stop playing for a few hours, I'd come back and everything was back to normal for about 2 hours of gameplay until it happened again, but I'd just repeat the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back