• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed Hack: Pokemon Iridescent [Complete]

Years
Pokemon Iridescent
A Fire Red Hack

Higher Level Curve and Difficulty
60+ Gen 4 Pokemon Additions
Physical/Special Split
Complete Trainer, Gym Leader, and E4 Overhaul
Weaker Pokemon Beefed Up to Be Usable
Rearranged Plot and Map
Updated Moves, TMs, and Movepools
Some Changed Typings and Abilities
Cosmetic Changes to Many Areas

This hack aims to freshen up the Kanto region by rearranging the plot a bit, as well as adding gen 4 pokes and fakemon, overhauling all of the battles, and basically everything else I listed in the features. I am very open to suggestions, so please don't hesitate to comment if you have an idea. Also please comment if you find ANY mistakes, down to the smallest of misspellings and grammatical errors. I want this hack to be professional, but there is no way I can catch every mistake on my own.​

My sincere thanks...
Spoiler:

Here is all the nitty-gritty info on the hack. There's a complete list of pokemon, as well as major changes to pokemon, moves, and evolutions. I've also included a list of the new Gym Leaders' typings and levels for those of you who don't like surprises...

More Info
Spoiler:

Here are some screenies of the hack in action:
Spoiler:

NEW! Finally, support banners!

Spoiler:

And, if anyone should need them, the fakemon sprites!
Spoiler:

Current version and download link:

Pokemon Iridescent 1.4.1
The complete game!

Don't know how to apply an .ips patch? Go here.

If you cannot save normally (aka, without save states), then your game will end after you beat the E4 the first time. To fix this, try looking at these links:
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1300732&postcount=15 -> for the internal saving issue
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=PNZjw3ZB -> for the "1M sub circuit board is not installed" issue

Known Glitches:
Item ball appears and disappears in Viridian before taking it.
Hippowdon sprite in dex is glitchy.
Also, hippowdon appears to have the stats of Deoxys attack form, despite my best efforts to fix it.
Some Rival battles don't happen for some people (8th badge).

Last edited:
Years
very nice hack!May I ask why is it in slideshow showcase?Is it because of the map?anyways good luck the sprites seem to be pretty cool ^^

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Wow this hack is great. And why is Bibarel Normal/Flying. I also want to help you with the hack. I will PM you about what can I do.

Years
I made bibarel water/flying and have pickup so that it can function as the ultimate HM slave. It can now fly, and pickup is wonderfully useful too.

However, I could definitely change bidoof to water if you think that's more appropriate. I just didn't mess with it originally.

@Saltsas- I PM'd a mod about it and they said it was borderline, but decided it belonged here because the map was only rearranged, not actually changed. And the plot is very similar to the original as well.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I am SOO excited about this hack!!

My only "complaints" after seeing the screenshots are:

The ground and the fighting starts look a little weird (first one looks perfect!), and the fighting one also seems a little small

Years
Thanks! The fighting type is a bit small, but it evolves early(er) and gets bigger. It's kinda the runt.

Could you be more specific about what looks weird?

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
Thanks! The fighting type is a bit small, but it evolves early(er) and gets bigger. It's kinda the runt.

Could you be more specific about what looks weird?

I went ahead to see the evolutions and please, forget what I said!
They look amazing!!

Specially that fighting type, omg, I love it! Congrats, really :))

Also, I think I read somewhere in the main post you had 11 Fakemon, but I was only able to find 10 :x

The 9 starters/their evolutions and that one with an amazing typing (don't wanna be a spoiler), the green/red one ahah

Edit: OH!! I get it now! You said you still had to add Viroach (?)'s sprite! Is that him? :D

Edit2: I also love the typings you gave the starters. Kudos, this hack deserves alot more attention!

Last edited:
Years
Thanks!

I just updated to 0.9.9. This has bidoof as water/normal (per request :)) and the modified stats of pokemon as part of their pokedex entries.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
You could really just make this into a new region.
Rather than fairly obvious edits of Kanto, and using kanto and reshaping it.

Years
I've considered it, but I still use all of the major plot points of the Kanto games. I think I'd rather just start a new hack in a new region and leave this one be, especially given what I know now vs. what I knew when I started this hack. Also in a new region you're expecting to not know what's happening, but at the beginning of this hack since you can tell it's Kanto you aren't necessarily expecting the rearrangement...

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
I'll do the beta testing lol i clicked the picture in the hack thread...

EDIT: I can also do something else if you want me to, just pm me :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Speaking as someone who is attempting to make their own Fakemon hack as we speak, you've really done an awesome job with your fakemons! The edited Kanto is awesome too! Great job :)

pawell6

The truthseeker
Years
When i want to see map, it shows me the old map of kanto, not from screenshot. Any idea?

Years
@Heroes- thanks! the Spriting was all taichiwind...and he's done a wonderful job.

@pawell6- I don't know how to insert a new world map, so that's not a glitch. That's why Daisy says "All I have is this old one..."

If anyone would be willing to make it for me, they would be handsomely rewarded credited...

thetripplenine

tripple.
Years
Help Needed
Spoiler:

To make the smaller version of an ingame new hero, use NSE (nameless sprite editor), you can also change the mom and all the different people using this.

You have unlzgba right, use that to make the new hero in battle.

Years
Well that would solve the how...but I still don't have the means of creating them. Plus the biggest deal to me is the title screen and world map.

lizzzz

I want to be the very best!
Years
I really enjoyed playing this hack. Seriously! I am only on my first run-through but I want to play with each new starter. I got super addicted and spent my whole weekend playing! However.. I got stuck.. and since I really want to finish the game...

Spoiler:

Years
You need to go south from lavender! I put a girl outside the cinnabar gym that says that because I knew it wouldn't be intuitive, but I don't know how to bring more attention to it. Glad you are enjoying it though!

Back