• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 351 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.2%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
Years
Thanks SO MUCH to everyone coming back and saying they liked the game. Cheers for playing!

Are there at least gen 4 evolutions in game. I do like the idea of keeping it to the gen 1,2,3 pokemon but I would like those others as well. It's only like ten or so. You could also play more around with the Porygon devolve thing by adding in Porygon Z

Any mons with new third stages are already stronger, I might add this if I have time over easter (unlikely). If I added anything from the new gens it would defs be some of the newer moves, rather than the new evos! They add way more variety than a mini stat boost for an old pokemon.

There was a lot of grinding, but I managed to beat it!
My team:
Spoiler:

Also, why does Wallace have a
Spoiler:

One last thing, how can I get all of the legendaries?

Love the shiny linoone dude!

I wanted to throw people off! Thought a wild card would give the battle a more "champion" feel.

I think the way to get all legends is in the first post, right?

Hey just wanted to know that I've been having great fun playing your rom hack as a fan of the third generation games. I've been using a murkrow throughout my playthrough and he's currently at level 37, how do I make him evolve? Normally, you would get a dusk stone but those don't exist apparently so where would I get them?

He can't evolve, but his base stats are already up there with honchkrow's if i recall correctly!

Yo I Have been playing your hack Pokemon Emerald 2 and I thoroughly enjoy it but I have one complaint I cannot seem to jump sideways with the arcobike so can you give me more specific instructions for the keyboard not controller, Thank you, Phantom.

This shouldn't have changed, but you have to be really precise with pressing the buttons at exactly the same time.

Good edits! I enjoyed playing it a lot. At first I wondered why dragon was weak to poison, but it didn't really have a great impact on anything really, neither did the ice or water thing haha, really appreciated some of the changes you made.

Dragon weak against poison really that's just retarded af ice and waterms should be super effective against each other since ice melts if the water isn't cold enough to match and ice freezes water not even gonna try this hack because of the dragon thing you made a mockery of dragons and poison types

If you read the thread there's actually a post I made a while back with a patch that reverts this specific change. I've now put it in the main one.

"since ice melts if the water isn't cold enough" is expert use of science, but have you considered that water freezes if the water isn't hot enough???????????

Where is there a location of the thick club for cubone?
It's a hidden item in Corgeit chamber (route 111/113), and also very common on wild cubone I think? Have fun with my homeboy!

First of all I want to say I really love this hack, right now I'm at the elite 4 but haven't beaten them yet. Throughout playing the game you get to understand how much time was spent editing and refining it to perfection. I've played different emerald "improvement" hacks, but they all felt quite repetitive while your hack gives a fresh breath on the concept of emerald by slightly changing a bunch of things.

Now for my question: I was wandering through victory road trying to find all the items and battle all the trainers when I entered up getting teleported to a weird part of rusturf tunnel by entering a cave. When I followed the path to a new exit, I teleported to a wall section of seafloor cavern and after crossing a weird jumbled up bunch of stairs I got teleported to a stair in a black space next to new mauville. There I could walk around a bit but the path seems to end there ...

Is there some kind of meaning or secret I missed here or was it more of an accident? I would love to find out more!

This isn't a bug, it's actually normal/flying. Try heading upwards in the dark patch. There's a map (of sorts) in the seafloor cavern section.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 4, 2022
Hi, Firstly I love the game, it is very well made, great difficulty! I have beaten the game and am up to trying to catch every pokemon, going well so far with 322 caught so far. I am having difficulty with some of the legendaries, you mention finding tickets:
Tickets in Mt. Pyre (Ho-oh/lugia), Birch's Lab (Deoxys), Granite Cave (mew), and rt 119 (with cut, lati@s). A guy in slateport makes em work.[/B]
But I am unable to find any tickets, please help

Years
I got two more questions ...

1. I finally figured the out the path that takes you from victory road to rusturf, seafloor and new mauville, but I ended up in an empty room in new mauville with a stair that just takes you back to victory road, is there something I missed along the way?

2. I somehow got an aurora ticket along my journey, and beat the elite four. I went to the guy in slateport that says he makes my tickets valid, but there doesn't seem to be an extra option when I talk to the boatgirl in Slateport.

I hope you can answer my questions and I once again have to say I really enjoyed your hack!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 4, 2022
Also, I have been unable to evolve Haunter, I have maxed the happiness at night and am still unable to make it evolve, please help.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 4, 2022
I have now found the Eon ticket but no matter how many times I have tried to talk to the ferry people I can't go to Southern Island. I did however find Mew and Breed to make Mewtwo

Years
Amazing hack. Thank you very much for making it. In fact, I kinda hated Hoenn before this game, but now I'm loving it. Actually, this is my first time attempting to complete a National Pokedex, and I'm less of 100 pokemon to finish it! Thank you very much! <3

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
its Good Hack.very Good Job.in Pokemon Emerled 2 don't have Trade evolution is a good idea.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
Hopefully someone can help me out. I can't seem to get further after the first badge. Going backwards, the two girls block me at the broken bridge, and going forwards, there are boxes that say "The label displays a list of spare parts for an electrical generator..." that are blocking the road in Mauville.

Thanks for the help, amazing hack so far!

EDIT: Never mind. did not see that bridge next to it on the left..

Last edited:
Years
Where's the pokémon before Suicune (The #243 one) ? :( That's the last pokémon for completing my dex and I need help D:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Hey! So far have been loving this but two things:

How in the world do I get the Devon scope? I've spent 3 hours exploring the route and then went back to the rest of the map and talked to everyone, but kecleon won't move. Steven talked to me at the beginning of the route to the weather institute but idk where he is now.

2. Repels seem to be broken for me. Suddenly one of mine ran out but didn't prompt me for a new one and now every time I try to use a repel it says a repel lingers from earlier :(

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 7, 2018
Well. I've gone as far as the Normal gym before I had it with this hack.

Scyther was absolute garbage becauss you messed with his moveset and he didn't have wing attack in his 20's like Bulbapedia said.

Crawdaunt too, lacked water moves. Heck, I had to use WATER GUN when he was 32. No idea why you decided to change the movesets of Pokemons to render them useless.

Then the Normal gym, the lasy straw. The puzzles were frustrating enough to do once, but to do it multiple times in order to clear doors, heal, and all that is just an unnecessary annoyance. There isn't even any instruction pointing out what the colours and orientations meant.

Almost gave up at the bridge with the sideways hop. I read here you needed to press them at the same rime, but the sign didn't say that.

Sorry, but your 5 years seem a bit wasted.

Last edited:

luuma

Years
I got two more questions ...

1. I finally figured the out the path that takes you from victory road to rusturf, seafloor and new mauville, but I ended up in an empty room in new mauville with a stair that just takes you back to victory road, is there something I missed along the way?

2. I somehow got an aurora ticket along my journey, and beat the elite four. I went to the guy in slateport that says he makes my tickets valid, but there doesn't seem to be an extra option when I talk to the boatgirl in Slateport.

I hope you can answer my questions and I once again have to say I really enjoyed your hack!

1 is a glitch! i'm gonna get a chance to fix it on this coming Sunday. Will update once done

2 is not a bug, it's just my game not being clear enough! You're never able to travel to hidden islands from slateport, only from lilycove!

Also, I have been unable to evolve Haunter, I have maxed the happiness at night and am still unable to make it evolve, please help.

I'm gonna check this over. Are you sure you;ve maxed the happiness? It should take absolutely ages

I have now found the Eon ticket but no matter how many times I have tried to talk to the ferry people I can't go to Southern Island. I did however find Mew and Breed to make Mewtwo

Try lilycove?

Hey! So far have been loving this but two things:

How in the world do I get the Devon scope? I've spent 3 hours exploring the route and then went back to the rest of the map and talked to everyone, but kecleon won't move. Steven talked to me at the beginning of the route to the weather institute but idk where he is now.

2. Repels seem to be broken for me. Suddenly one of mine ran out but didn't prompt me for a new one and now every time I try to use a repel it says a repel lingers from earlier :(

Thanks!

First issue is that you're not meant to get the devon scope yet! You get it on route 120 like normal. You're meant to head up route 123 next! Scott does mention this, but I'm gonna make it a bit more clear, people keep getting stuck here

Second issue I'm really not sure about at all. I'm going to do my best to de-bug this.

EDIT: I WORKED OUT WHAT HAPPENED LMAO, YOU'RE ENCOUNTERING POKEMON THAT ARE A HIGHER LEVEL THAN THE POKEMON AT THE FRONT OF YOUR PARTY!!! This is how repels work normally! it's still active, just not powerful enough to block the big monsters. Oh man, you had me scared for a moment.

Hi, Firstly I love the game, it is very well made, great difficulty! I have beaten the game and am up to trying to catch every pokemon, going well so far with 322 caught so far. I am having difficulty with some of the legendaries, you mention finding tickets:
Tickets in Mt. Pyre (Ho-oh/lugia), Birch's Lab (Deoxys), Granite Cave (mew), and rt 119 (with cut, lati@s). A guy in slateport makes em work.[/B]
But I am unable to find any tickets, please help

Spoiler:

EDIT:
sorry, i beat 2nd gym in Dewford, then i can't find the sailor
From Dewford you need to find Steven in Granite Cave, and then you can carry on to slateport to give the package to captain stern.
Visit the big grey house in slateport and talk to the guy on the ground floor in front of the white table with ship plans on it, then go to the oceanic museum upstairs to find captain stern. I'm guessing that's what you're talking about??

If Mr Briney has disappeared, then that is a very weird bug. He should be beside the pier bit in the middle of the town. If you have the 5th badge he will disappear, but until then he should be there.

Well. I've gone as far as the Normal gym before I had it with this hack.

Teach scyther Fury Cutter in Verdanturf pokemon centre and he's damn near busted. Not much of an exaggeration. I'm going to put it direct into his moveset though, you're not the only one to have missed that move! That's why I messed up his moveset, he became a spamfest early on. Gonna revert the wing attack change to some extent over the weekend. He would have evolved at level 39, which should be pretty soon for you. Scizor is very strong now he has some steel moves in his kit.

Crawdaunt is weak but he gets 90 power 95 accuracy crabhammer level like 33, right? I will give him a buff, probably in the form of dark moves. Seems dumb to give him water moves when he's a physical tank and most water moves are special attacks, but I'll definitely put some other coverage in.

EDIT: I've remembered I made Clamp have 60 base power, he's gonna get it about level 20. It makes far too much sense to skip over, and having no water moves better than power 40 early on seems extremely unintuitive. I can imagine a lot of people building their team around their starter's water moves, only to find they have absolutely nothing to beat the fire gym.

The normal gym is something I should make more direct, but the trainers are pretty beatable so you should only have to heal and redo the puzzles twice at most. It sounds like your frustration is coming from bad balance; you seem to have gotten really unlucky with your pokemon. Could you sent me your entire team so I can take a look at em?

I'll rewrite the sign. It's actually directly copied from RSE's in-game tutorial on how to use it but clearly it ain't good enough! I should have changed it the first time tbf. Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
PaoloReaper said:
Where's the pokémon before Suicune (The #243 one) ? That's the last pokémon for completing my dex and I need help D:

Check underwater on 124 Open Waters
Good luck finding it, its pretty rare

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 7, 2018
Teach scyther Fury Cutter in Verdanturf pokemon centre and he's damn near busted. Not much of an exaggeration. I'm going to put it direct into his moveset though, you're not the only one to have missed that move! That's why I messed up his moveset, he became a spamfest early on. Gonna revert the wing attack change to some extent over the weekend. He would have evolved at level 39, which should be pretty soon for you. Scizor is very strong now he has some steel moves in his kit.

Crawdaunt is weak but he gets 90 power 95 accuracy crabhammer level like 33, right? I will give him a buff, probably in the form of dark moves. Seems dumb to give him water moves when he's a physical tank and most water moves are special attacks, but I'll definitely put some other coverage in.

The normal gym is something I should make more direct, but the trainers are pretty beatable so you should only have to heal and redo the puzzles twice at most. It sounds like your frustration is coming from bad balance; you seem to have gotten really unlucky with your pokemon. Could you sent me your entire team so I can take a look at em?

I'll rewrite the sign. It's actually directly copied from RSE's in-game tutorial on how to use it but clearly it ain't good enough! I should have changed it the first time tbf. Thanks for the feedback!

I have Crawdaunt, Scyther and Onix. It probably seems insufficient but I prefer to catch pokemons I wish to use permanently so the exp don't go to waste.

Level wise they were around mid twenties until I used hacked-rare candies to boost Scyther until he got aerial at around 30 because the first fight gym wrecked me (which was why I was so pissed about the wing attack. It would've been a lot easier if he had that move).

Crawdaunt- same thing. Hacked in candies so he would get crabhammer. Water gun couldn't get me past the gym. I realise my pokemon could do it, but I just didn't have a stronger water type move. Water gun was just way too weak. As expected, with crabhammer, it was easy.

Seems like the issue isn't with the game, I guess. Sorry if my previous review was scathing. You did put in a lot of effort. The problem is that this game is meant for more experienced players who know all the intricate workings and how to play the game most optimally.

I'm not a huge Pokemon buff and am a casual player, so there's that. And for the puzzle, it will probably take two runs for you because you know the route exactly. Other players might be having difficulty especially if they're weaker and need to heal after each battle.

Wish you luck improving the hack along the way,

luuma

Years
I have Crawdaunt, Scyther and Onix. It probably seems insufficient but I prefer to catch pokemons I wish to use permanently so the exp don't go to waste.

Level wise they were around mid twenties until I used hacked-rare candies to boost Scyther until he got aerial at around 30 because the first fight gym wrecked me (which was why I was so pissed about the wing attack. It would've been a lot easier if he had that move).

Crawdaunt- same thing. Hacked in candies so he would get crabhammer. Water gun couldn't get me past the gym. I realise my pokemon could do it, but I just didn't have a stronger water type move. Water gun was just way too weak. As expected, with crabhammer, it was easy.

Seems like the issue isn't with the game, I guess. Sorry if my previous review was scathing. You did put in a lot of effort. The problem is that this game is meant for more experienced players who know all the intricate workings and how to play the game most optimally.

I'm not a huge Pokemon buff and am a casual player, so there's that. And for the puzzle, it will probably take two runs for you because you know the route exactly. Other players might be having difficulty especially if they're weaker and need to heal after each battle.

Wish you luck improving the hack along the way,

Thanks man, it's helpful to get feedback from all players! I'd really like the game to be as accessible as possible, so your complaints are far more useful for improving my game than any amount of praise.

Thinking about it, the 5th gym is probably the oldest surviving part of the hack, it's gone virtually untouched since I first made it and it's high time I killed my darling as it were. I think I'm gonna make the route to the door direct almost every time. Should make it much less irritating.

luuma

Years
Where's the pokémon before Suicune (The #243 one) ? :( That's the last pokémon for completing my dex and I need help D:

Paoloreaper, congratulations you absolute machine. I can't believe anyone would do this for my hack, I'm feeling so god damn honoured. Please do tell me if the event with professor birch runs smoothly, I've never actually playtested it legitimately!!
Yep that's right, you've beaten the game's creator in your quest to catch em all. Congratulations!!! I'm gonna be fixing a certain missing monster over the weekend. It might be included in the dex counter, so report back if the event doesn't seem to be happening and I'll show you how to fix it.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 7, 2018
Thanks man, it's helpful to get feedback from all players! I'd really like the game to be as accessible as possible, so your complaints are far more useful for improving my game than any amount of praise.

Thinking about it, the 5th gym is probably the oldest surviving part of the hack, it's gone virtually untouched since I first made it and it's high time I killed my darling as it were. I think I'm gonna make the route to the door direct almost every time. Should make it much less irritating.

Well, maybe I'll try again when you update the game :) You should sit on it for a few months to collect information, then patch it all up. I'm sure many will appreciate an actually completed ROM hack. Glad I can help, this hack is still in its early stages of testing I suppose.

Back