• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has there been extensive research on sounds in FireRed?

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
I mean besides this: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5610866&postcount=3

I'm looking for sound for Ice Beam and some other moves. To use with the command 'sound' in XSE. I will do this research myself but I'm wondering if someone already did it?
On this thread you can download a file contained all animation scripts for [EM]. Go to the animation for Ice Beam and find the command which is playing the sound. In Ice Beam's case there's a launchsoundtask playing sound 0xB7. Subtract 0x7 from this number and you have your sound in [FR] (so 0xB0). In a script, this can be called by just using the sound command (eg sound 0xB0).

Alternatively, on this thread, there is a sound list with mediocre sound descriptions.

"Sound is a command that looks in a specific table. You'd have to create a routine that looks in the move animation table." -xizqu on the PokeCommunity Discord
You're right about the sound looking in a specific table; it's actually the same as the song table. "Songs" 0-~255 around sounds, everything after are songs. Both move animations and scripting use the same song table, so there's no need to create a custom routine.

Also, someone should move this thread out of R&D.

Last edited:
Years
On this thread you can download a file contained all animation scripts for [EM]. Go to the animation for Ice Beam and find the command which is playing the sound. In Ice Beam's case there's a launchsoundtask playing sound 0xB7. Subtract 0x7 from this number and you have your sound in [FR] (so 0xB0). In a script, this can be called by just using the sound command (eg sound 0xB0).

Alternatively, on this thread, there is a sound list with mediocre sound descriptions.

You're right about the sound looking in a specific table; it's actually the same as the song table. "Songs" 0-~255 around sounds, everything after are songs. Both move animations and scripting use the same song table, so there's no need to create a custom routine.

Also, someone should move this thread out of R&D.

Thank you! No one replied to the question so I gave my best answer! Was hoping someone with more sound experience would chime in! Tainted(in discord) said sappy actually contains all the sounds too incase it was a different table, you could add it.

Back