• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
That reminds me that I have to get to Giratina on Platinum. Haven't played that game in a few weeks. I never seem to get the time now unless it is in the early hours of the morning. Got an exam on 8th Jan so I am revising for that, Work every Saturday and Sunday for 5 hours which makes me really tired, Driving after school most days, Playing basketball for the school team, that leaves me with next to no time to play games and when I do I have so many others aside from Pokemon still to complete that I am seriously having playtime issues.

So how do you all manage to fit in your hunting within your day?

Years
I don't have exams yet, and I'm on break.
I originally reset only during the summer.
When I started loving shinies.
But now, my parents are annoying the living hell out of me by not letting me do ANYTHING during the week. No games nor computer. They'll give out eventually, because I'll just ignore them at one point or another.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
How do Ruby and Sapphire seed? Do they seed based on steps taken like FR and LG, or do they seed differently? I just remembered that I STILL don't have a shiny Beldum. Chaining for one will be too hard, so I'll just soft reset for it.

Gonna be SRing for Giratina and Articuno today. Good luck, everyone.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
hey MM gratz on PC supporting ^^
nothign new yet for me... :P
I'm trying to hunt for charmander and giratina at the same time, my friend lended me his gba ^^
good luck everyone on the hunts :P

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Well, nothing new for me, spending a lot of time with my family, but enjoying it.:)
By the way, how is going the giratina race?

metal mario said:
I'm back now with numbers for starter SRing:

Japanese Diamond: 75 seconds.
Japanese Platinum: 56 seconds.

English Diamond: 90 seconds.

Applying the same ratio, we can conclude that an SR for a starter on English Platinum takes 67 seconds. That's a 25% reduction in SR time. Good-bye, Diamond version shiny Torterra.

Just because I'm such the gambler, I'll keep at this until I find a strong female Adamant/Impish.

Are you sure to give up turtwig? Who knows maybe it will appear sooner than it appeared to me; it took me a lot of time because I was busy with the school and didn't have the time to SR, also I was constantly changing my ID.
By the way, the SR, I think, varies depending on how fast you press the button to continue the text in diamond, but that only makes a little difference of 1 or 2 seconds. The thing is not the time but how you feel in the moment. But it's a good information, it looks like it's faster in platinum than it's in diamond and pearl.
Oh, and how is going your project? hope you finish it soon.

mateus_ said:
hey MM gratz on PC supporting ^^
nothign new yet for me... :P
I'm trying to hunt for charmander and giratina at the same time, my friend lended me his gba ^^
good luck everyone on the hunts :P

You are using both hands at the same time? one in the DS and the other in the gba?

Congratulations for those with new shinies, and good luck for those SRing, chaining and hunting.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
You are using both hands at the same time? one in the DS and the other in the gba?
yes, as they're quickly checked I can see if charmander is shiny while diamond is starting, and see if giratina is shiny while FR is starting :P

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
I used to do it, the key is coordination.
Somehow it's faster because you are SRing for two, but there's also the probability that you have to reset both at the same time, maybe hard reseting works better when using both hands but it takes more time.
You have done this in the past right? then there is no problem if you have the correct synchronization of both games.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I can't do to games at once. I have tried it once before and I couldn't get the sync right in them. I found that they both had different load up times so it cause them to get to the SR points at varying times. If they both from the same era like Fire red and Leaf green they are nearly the same with only a little difference in the amount of time taken to SR so Synchronizing them is much easier.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
I used to do it, the key is coordination.
Somehow it's faster because you are SRing for two, but there's also the probability that you have to reset both at the same time, maybe hard reseting works better when using both hands but it takes more time.
You have done this in the past right? then there is no problem if you have the correct synchronization of both games.
in fact this is my frist time :P
but I'm doin well... haven't missed any... so, I think it's ok for now ^^

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
I almost always go after 2 targets at a time, I don't find it all too hard. I'm usually SRing for shiny Darkrai(or another 4th gen shiny target), as I have an elastic band holding down the L/R buttons, so all I need to do is press Start-Select, and hunting for a different target on my other DS.

~~~~~~~~
Well I'm SRing for shiny Darkrai in Platinum right now, as I'll be working tonight and won't get the chance to play until 9 p.m. Nothing yet, but I want it to shine soon.

I found something funny in Emerald on accident while SRing for shiny Regirock. I accidentally ran from a non-shiny Regirock and this message popped up: Funny Message. Going to possibly SR for Regirock when I get home, been hunting the darn thing for what seems like forever.

Years
I haven't played much today, I've been busy and have also been playing Mirror's Edge and Assassin's Creed a lot.
I MIGHT get to Groudon tonight, but I have the urge to NOT hunt it shiny, and save that for Latios.
But I'm not sure.
For now, I need a Shroomish to learn Spore, and my Sceptile to learn False Swipe.
That will help.

Good luck to all of you, especially you Storm. XD @ "Regirock Flew Away!"
Is it always like that?

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
I haven't played much today, I've been busy and have also been playing Mirror's Edge and Assassin's Creed a lot.
I MIGHT get to Groudon tonight, but I have the urge to NOT hunt it shiny, and save that for Latios.
But I'm not sure.
For now, I need a Shroomish to learn Spore, and my Sceptile to learn False Swipe.
That will help.

Good luck to all of you, especially you Storm. XD @ "Regirock Flew Away!"
Is it always like that?

So, are you going to try to SR latios before looking the tv news when you defeat the elite four? Good luck, I was going to try the same, but not yet.

Well, good news, finaly got shiny dialga, I think is the 4th day of SRing.:)
I'll put the pics later.

Good luck everyone.

Years
Wow, congrats!
Hopefully MM's second one comes as quickly!
Yeah, that's the plan.
I'm about to beat Wallace (This is Sapphire mind you, I'm still only just out of Slateport in Ruby)
And my Sceptile knows False swipe, which will be useful, and I shall train my Breloom up a bit so it can become fast enough to quickly hit with a stun spore. I just wish that I had kept it as Shroomish to learn just plain spore. I may get a new one, but I'm unsure, as I can just decrease my chances, slightly, and then keep going after it.
Since I was just at Kyogre, I got EXTREMELY lucky. I used Leaf Blade (Kyogre barely can live) then I use False Swipe. I used an Ultra Ball, and looked down to see it caught. It wasn't shiny, but it was lucky of me to catch it so easily, and I'm hoping that the Latias is just as easy to catch.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
mence master said:
Yeah, that's the plan.
I'm about to beat Wallace (This is Sapphire mind you, I'm still only just out of Slateport in Ruby)
And my Sceptile knows False swipe, which will be useful, and I shall train my Breloom up a bit so it can become fast enough to quickly hit with a stun spore. I just wish that I had kept it as Shroomish to learn just plain spore. I may get a new one, but I'm unsure, as I can just decrease my chances, slightly, and then keep going after it.
Since I was just at Kyogre, I got EXTREMELY lucky. I used Leaf Blade (Kyogre barely can live) then I use False Swipe. I used an Ultra Ball, and looked down to see it caught. It wasn't shiny, but it was lucky of me to catch it so easily, and I'm hoping that the Latias is just as easy to catch.

It sometimes happens, even with a normal pokeball, congrats and good luck in your shiny latias.

I don't know what's going to be my next target, but first I want to defeat the pokemon league.
Here are the pics of shiny Dialga:
View attachment 44487
shiny dialga vs my shiny torterra
View attachment 44488
shiny dialga's dex data
View attachment 44489
shiny dialga's close up.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
nothing new for me... I'm doing well with the 2 hunts... I put an elastic on my ds too... it's much easier...
btw, gratz draco on your shiny dialga it owns ^^
hope to get ay shiny soon... good luck everyone :D

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Hey, I wanna join. How do I do that?

Well, if you have any shinies, you need to list them and how you got them.
But if you currently don't have any shinies, then that's fine too. You can still join.
And then ask nicely :P, and hopefully one of the Co-Owners (Most likely MetalMario) will approve you.

I plan to do a lot of SRing for Latias today while I'm out. I'm around 800 SRs now I guess. I could have a lot more, but.... Too busy, I need to do other things which is why I'm only doing it while waiting or riding in the car.

Good luck everyone and congrats to those who have obtained shinies lately.

Years
Well, if you have any shinies, you need to list them and how you got them.
But if you currently don't have any shinies, then that's fine too. You can still join.
And then ask nicely :P, and hopefully one of the Co-Owners (Most likely MetalMario) will approve you.

I plan to do a lot of SRing for Latias today while I'm out. I'm around 800 SRs now I guess. I could have a lot more, but.... Too busy, I need to do other things which is why I'm only doing it while waiting or riding in the car.

Good luck everyone and congrats to those who have obtained shinies lately.
My god you're lucky you have that ticket.
It takes me about half an hour per reset to even find Latias.
Good luck people, and a ton to me. I hate this. xD

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
My god you're lucky you have that ticket.
It takes me about half an hour per reset to even find Latias.
Good luck people, and a ton to me. I hate this. xD
omg r u hunting the Latias that keep changing position? O.O
you may take months, even years to find a shiny if eatch reset takes half an hour Oo

Back