• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you sleep with the TV on?

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
I don't really watch TV anymore, and I haven't had one in my room for a long time. I think my answer here is pretty obvious cx

I do listen to soft music though, and have a fan going in the background. Unless I'm exhausted, falling asleep when there's no background noises is very hard for me.

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
Years
I don't watch much TV so my TV is usually switched off when I go to bed. :P

In fact, I think it'd be quite difficult to sleep with the TV on since the room will be all bright and noisy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
No, but sometimes I fall asleep while watching Netflix / Youtube videos on my laptop.

Years
With me it depends on the content.

The majority of programs disrupt my ability to sleep but a few favourite shows can actually help me nod off.

If I do have the TV on then I use a sleep timer so that it turns off after a set time.

Years
I can probably count on one hand how many times I've fallen asleep with the TV on, and that was back in like middle school. I haven't had cable for about 4 years now, and I'm one of those people that needs it to be pitch black to fall asleep, so I don't think I could now even if I tried.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I don't have a TV in my room anymore, so no, but I can strangely fall asleep to blasting rock music?? Like it has to be really loud? It's nice to nap to, but at night I like quiet.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I'm heavily guilty of this. I tend to listen to the sound of the TV while falling asleep. I used to be in the habit of turning on the sleep timer, but that's long gone. Majority of the time it's there just for noise since I usually watch YouTube videos while I fall asleep.

Years
Yeah I do, and it gets annoying at times.

My mother always has to burst in and wake me up just to switch off.

Lord Flamingo

Hmm, pretzels.
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 13, 2018
I usually sleep with the TV on. I never have problems to sleep, even with it on.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 1, 2018
Eh, lately I've been sleeping while watching competitive Pokémon analysis. Maybe I'm overdoing this a bit? :x

Years
I use Netflix to do that. The TV can't automatically turn itself off (timers aren't very useful, and the one in my room doesn't have a timer function anyway) and most TV shows might be so boring I wouldn't even want to sleep to them. :P

Netflix all the way

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Yes. I do keep it in another room, though, so it doesn't disturb me.

Back