• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
This is the OOC page to The Pokémon Trainer Academy RP. On the first post of this thread you will find information about the RP such as what spots are available for roleplayers to join, a list of the accepted characters, and a good deal of other info you might want to at least give a passing glance. This is the thread you want to post your Sign-Ups in. (Plenty of RPer spots left.) You can also use this thread to discuss the roleplay, including characters, plots, questions, and other miscellaneous stuff.
a
For example, if you have a writers block and want to develop a plot for your next post, you could post about it here. You could also discuss what pokemon you'd catch next and what could happen in the near future.

Helpful Links:
(Note!: Use the etherpad to keep track of your pokemon's levels and moves. Here's a link)

We have a wiki, which you can use if you need a nicer place to store things related to the RP such as your character's information. (Wiki page[)

IC thread

We also have a Skype Group Chat! I would very much encourage people add me at chaoticmarin so that they can take part in the socializing.

(We have a rough map of the island!)
7CvyM.png

Plot & How the RP works:
Spoiler:

Settings
Spoiler:

Wild Pokemon
Spoiler:

NPC Classes and their teachers
Spoiler:

Dorms
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Available Spots
Only your first character takes up a spot here. This is to prevent any one dorm from completely dominating the school numbers wise.
Spoiler:

Accepted Characters & Their SUs
Spoiler:

Rules
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
So, new OOC thread? That's one way to deal with the first post issue. :D

Anyways, why do I sense a showdown with Calnith and possible hospitalization (again) in Bri's future?

Edit: Since I am unable to use Etherpad and with the eminant capture of Starly, I have decided to post my teams here. Here they are:

Brian "Bri" Jameson:

Thyme (Snivy): Level 33. Leaf Blade, Leaf Tornado, Secret Power (Unmastered, it still hurts her to use it), Leech Seed, Attract, Growth. Nature: Sassy.
Duster (Minccino): Level 30. Double Slap, Thundershock, Iron Tail, Sing, Tickle, Helping Hand. Nature: Docile.
Drizzle (Buisel): Level 31. Water Gun, Aqua Jet, Pursuit, Swift, Quick Attack, Sonic Boom. Nature: Relaxed.
Nova (Arcanine): Level 42. Extremespeed, Flame Burst, Fire Fang, Reversal, Dig, Double Team. Nature: Bold.
Frost (Sneasel): Level 28. Fury Swipes, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack, Agility, Faint Attack. Nature: Serious.
Bouncy (Igglybuff): Level 15. Sing, Faint Attack, Charm Defense Curl, Pound, Sweet Kiss. Nature: Naive.
Leena (Misdreavus): Level 27. Astonish, Psywave, Spite, Hex, Confuse Ray, Mean Look. Nature: Impish,
Sprinkles (Eevee): Level 17. Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Detect, Hidden Power (Dragon), Shadow Ball. Nature: Adamant.

Drake "Draco" Finnigan:

Killita (Flygon): Level 57 Moves, Dragon Breath, Earthquake, Crunch, Hyper Beam, Dragon Dance, Ice Beam Nature: Naive.
Rena (Dragonair): Level 53 Moves, Surf, Twister, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Icy Wind, Aerial Ace Nature: Hardy.
Zeal (Salamance): Level 60 Moves, Dragon Claw, Zen Headbutt, Draco-meteor, Metal Claw, Flamethrower, Protect Nature: Bold.
Maris (Garchomp): Level 50 Moves, Dragon Rush, Slash, Dig, Double Team, Fury Cutter, Dragon Claw Nature: Rash
Axy (Axew): Level 29 Moves, Dragon Rage, Dragon Pulse, Shadow Ball, Slash, Dragon Claw, Secret Power Nature: Modest

"Kiki" Kitty Kirin:

Cynder (Cyndaquil): Level 9 Tackle, Leer, Extrasensory, Willo Wisp, Double Team, Flamethrower Nature: Timid
Birdy (Staravia) Level 22 Tackle, Leer, Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Double Team, Endeavor Nature: Adamant
Mouser (Rattata): lvl 19: Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Focus Energy, Bite, Hyper Fang, Nature: Hardy
Squirrely (Pachirisu): lvl 23: Moves, Swiftl, Bide, Shock Wave, Charm, Spark, Quick Attack Nature: Sassy

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
It surprises me most when there /isn't/ a showdown with Calnith. xD

Anyway, I'mma clean up the formatting and see if I can't find a way to easily replace the bulbagarden urls with non-hotlinked ones. They get enough traffic as it is xD After that I'mma add some new wild pokemon and possibly some new places.

If you guys have any suggestions on anything, or want to do anything special, feel free to throw the idea at me. C:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Because Bri's too nice and a bit easy to walk all over? That means there will be two showdowns here. Ouch. This should be violent.

Been wondering this, but do Nideous and I level up our Pokemon from the Abandoned Dorm incident?

Nideous

Years
Uh-oh. When someone laughs evilly, that's never a good sign for my characters. Usually because they tend to get in the way of evil scemes. XD

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
We should all be afraid, very afraid... of Nique. XD Calinth has nothing on him. That'd be a scary meetup. Anyway, don't worry Nideous. Pala will blow snow in Calinth's face! XD OR Volca will set him on fire on accident. Whichever. XD

Dawn

Years
Pokemon should only get levels from fights they take a significant part in. I'll be redoing the way pokemon gain levels shortly, mainly to make it a bit fairer.

Here's the new leveling system as I saw it. I won't be actually putting anything in until I'm finished cleaning up the intro post. (I would feel horribly guilty leaving those hotlinks to Bulbagarden there. They have enough traffic problems.) I've already changed the links to the settings and battlefields pictures though. Just the wild pokemon left, which'll be a doozy. I'll probably get that done today though.

Anyway, leveling system.

Basically? I'm thinking of limiting how high level a pokemon can be and still earn levels from wild pokemon. I'm also thinking of possibly making it so that people gain an extra level for losing than for winning. (Because they pushed themselves harder, right?) I'm also thinking making teachers, the three champions working at the school, and Gary Oak possible to battle, and they'll give more EXP than your average trainer (I was thinking +2 for teachers, +3 for the champions, and +4 for Gary)

The only restriction would be that if one is fighting a Champion or Gary, they don't get the option of controlling their opponent. I'll probably be willing to control them, or I might give someone else the clear to do so.

I WAS ALSO thinking about perhaps allowing people to request boss battles with various canon characters that aren't part of the staff. (See: Running into the PCs from the games, Alder, N, Ash, whatever) These battles would obviously be infrequent. If too many people asked for them at any significant stretch of time I'd have to say wait for a bit.

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions? I'm still opening to changing any of this.

Nideous

Years
I like the way that sounds. It would make Brian become the strongest one here, because he has yet to win a battle against another trainer. :D

And I guess Drizzle, Nova, Ellie, Rama, Pala, and Volca would gain the most experience, because they were in the whole thing the whole time. Duster and Snype came later, but they were fighting a lot, so they wouldn't get as much would they? Frost and Bouncy only fought a little, so they would only get a little bit. And Thyme would get nothing as she wasn't even there. And Brian hadn't caught Leena, so she naturally would get nothing. That seems to be how the breakdown of experience would be based on what you said.

Dawn

Years
Done switching out the image URLs. Boy, that took a while.

Now I'm going to focus on adding new stuff while I'm considering ways to pretty up the page a bit.

Anyone got any new pokemon they want added? Ideas for new places they'd like to see? Ideas in general? This is the time to start saying them.

Nideous

Years
I have an idea. Maybe a swamp area. It could feature mainly poison types, but also have some grass, water, and ground. Like I said, just an idea, but from what I can tell, poison types are the only type that isn't really covered too well. What do you think of this idea?

Dawn

Years
Swamp area... hmm, alright. Valorie would /hate/ going there though. xD

A swamp would probably be considered a dangerous area to visit. Just throwing that out there. Mainly because of how huge the chance of getting sick from visiting one is compared to most places, as well as the fact that wild pokemon would be able to sneak up on trainers easier than normal through the water.

I like the idea though, so I'll add it.

Also, I'm raising the default level of wild pokemon from 10 to 15. If any of your wild pokemon are level 15 or below, feel free to add 5 levels.

Nideous

Years
Brian would hate it too. I've already established that he hates poison types. :D Though he may change his mind if he sees a cute little Nidoran.

Also, you just said to add five levels to pokemon that are level 15 or lower (Not counting Bouncy, as she was hatched not caught). That would make Leena and Frost both level 15. Oh, and Fuyu and I are still wondering how many levels, if any, our pokemon and Snype would gain from the adventures in the haunted dorm. Once I have that information I'll update my team

Dawn

Years
You got it.

Also, let's say 3 levels for any of your pokemon that were fully involved, and 2 levels for any of your pokemon that were only involved for part of the adventure. I'll leave it up to you to decide which were fully and partially.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Woohoo new post. I'll go off and give Snype one level for the events at the abandoned dorm. I'm also going to mess around with the moves for Able and Commodore. The other three pokemon are gonna get some more attention this time around :3 Able only needs one more level to evolve and Len is getting fairly close himself. Commodore is going to evolve a more special way but you'll see how that happens :3Woohoo new post. I'll go off and give Snype one level for the events at the abandoned dorm. I'm also going to mess around with the moves for Able and Commodore. The other three pokemon are gonna get some more attention this time around :3 Able only needs one more level to evolve and Len is getting fairly close himself. Commodore is going to evolve a more special way but you'll see how that happens :3

Nideous

Years
Alright, here's my updated team and moveset:

Thyme (Snivy): level 17, Leaf Tornado, Vine Whip, Bullet Seed, Secret Power, Attract, Growth (Inactive)
Duster (Minccino): level 18, Pound, Tickle, Growl, Helping Hand, Double Slap, Encore, Thundershock
Drizzle (Buizel): level 18, Sonic Boom, Quick Attack, Water Gun, Pursuit, Water Sport, Swift
Nova (Growlithe): level 20, Bite, Ember, Leer, Roar, Odor Sleuth, Flame Wheel
Bouncy (Igglybuff): level 4, Sing, Charm, Faint Attack
Frost (Sneasel): level 17, Scratch, Leer, Taunt, Quick Attack, Screech, Faint Attack
Leena (Misdreavus): level 15, Psywave, Growl, Spite, Astonish, Confuse Ray

Duster the Minccino grew from level 16 to level 18 for arriving near the end and fighting a lot of ghosts, including that Haunter. She didn't learn any moves by leveling up.

Drizzle the Buizel grew from level 15 to level 18. He was there from the beginning. He didn't learn any new moves.

Nova the Growlithe grew from level 17 to level 20. He was in the abandoned dorm fighting the entire time. He learned Flame Wheel, which replaced Helping Hand.

Bouncy the Igglybuff grew from level 2 to level 4. While she was there the whole time, all she did was fight a few ghosts and Pala, Skye's Cubchoo. She didn't gain any new moves.

Frost the Sneasel grew from level 10 to level 15 because of the wild pokemon boost. Then he grew from level 15 to level 17 for fighting in the dorm at the end. He learned Faint Attack, which took his final move slot.

Leena the Nisdreavus grew from level 10 to level 15 because of the wild pokemon boost. She learned Confuse Ray, which took her fifth move slot.

And that's the levels and moves they learned. Surprisingly, they didn't really learn that many moves for gaining so many levels. Also, Thyme got nothing, because all she did was get hurt by Calnith. >:C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back