• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Greiger: That reminds me that I've never really gotten to play my 'evil' characters, given all the characters in Pokemon Fallout, even NPCs are so notoriously cruel to eachother that straight murder isn't even a crime anymore.

One of my evil characters, Dardanette, is actually in PTA, but because she's literally mentally insane. I can't really throw her at people without... y'know, drawing massive amounts of attention--at which point I would be unable to justify her being intelligent enough to avoid capture.

---I actually have another evil character, but I had serious qualms with putting her in PTA due to the outstanding cruelty she inevitably demonstrates potentially being a bit too mature for a T rated roleplay. Perhaps I underestimated the appropriate threshold for maturity however...or maybe not. It's so ambiguous that I didn't really want to risk it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
1. What would you prefer as far as accessible regions in the RP?

a.) Full region of Tamriel explorable.
b.) Jumping from region to region, different ones being explorable depending on plot
c.) Just Cyrodiil
d.) A combo of Cyrodiil, Skyrim and Morrowind (Minus Vvardenfell)

It would be easiest and big enough.

2. How should the RP'ers be involved with the Hourglass?

a.) Explorers/Warriors/Thieves/Bandits/Mages etc.. looking for the Hourglass for personal reasons, RP'ers discuss reason in SU
b.) RP'ers are part of Imperial/Stormcloak/Aldmeri military and are looking for hourglass for their factions
c.) Special "Prophets" sent from Akatosh to protect Hourglass
d.) Daedric "Prophets" sent from Oblivion to destroy the Hourglass

One or the other. I think :3 Maybe players can choose?

Who is your favourite character to roleplay with and why?

Um, of my own or with other people's characters? At the moment I enjoy playing as Viking, a girl in the real world but a guy in Game of Chance. He's a bit less cheerful than my other characters so I'm not used to playing like that. Renna (Star Wars) and Ribibin (Shattered Era) are pretty alike... though one of them is a twi'lek and the other is a Weavile XD Helena (Atlantis Arising) hasn't got a very colorful personality, but that makes me able to do pretty much whatever I want with her. That's pretty much the same as with Chai (Arcanum) although the latter should be a bit more naive and shy.

No Ashton clone here. I gotta make one soon!

As for other people's characters, I like most characters that Skymin creates for Atlantis. They each have well defined personalities and feel alive.

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
The RP I was devising a few days ago, Truth and Ideals, is now open for business!
It will chronicle the rise of the great Team Plasma, and their lord Ghetsis. It will tell of the misery and terror that resulted when he took over. It will tell of those lucky few who survived the empire's beginning, and those that didn't.

And on top of that it has a horde of mindless, murderous pokemon who simply want everything dead.

And thanks to Greiger's comment about making good guys all the time, I am banishing any thoughts of having a relatively honourable character.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
As for other people's characters, I like most characters that Skymin creates for Atlantis. They each have well defined personalities and feel alive.

:'D

I love my character Oakley and Errick/Atom/Errol a lot (same person, different personalities) out of my characters. I love how Oakley is so perfect on the outside yet her insides are all as breakable as glass. And Errick? He's just a cool guy. I don't think I've roleplayed as the real Errick I play out inside my head but Errick physically looks really awesome and like someone I'd wanna date.

And the Librarian from Atlantis is so much fun to write~

My favourite person to read about is probably... I do like Christian in Atlantis!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hey, hey. I have an idea, and it's not completely stupid, although it may be. I dunno. I was just thinking. We always talk a lot over here about favorite characters and such, and a lot of questions about them, so I was thinking: Why not make a category in the next RPAs about Your favorite/most original (haven't decided yet) character? It would be different than Best SU Writer because it would be solely based on a single RP character instead of multiple ones when examining a SU Writer, and it would be more based on the RPing of the character inside the RP than what is written on the SU itself, because sometimes people trails off on personality a tad. But not always in bad ways! Sometimes they are developed into better characters than merely what the SUs entail.

Obviously you wouldn't be able to vote for your own character, and it would have to be from an active RP, but it may be something to consider.

It's just a thought. What do you guys think?

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Sounds good to me! Signups are definitely not all there is to a character and as such I am fully behind this idea.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
One thing though. Some people might enjoy playing as rather bland characters and these might not get as big of a chance to win as more odd or special characters, or at least they might not get noticed as much. What should that award be based on? How well the character corresponds to its SU? How well the RPer makes it feel alive and real? Or how funny/adventurous/exciting the posts about them are.

I'm guessing the middle option xD

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
One thing though. Some people might enjoy playing as rather bland characters and these might not get as big of a chance to win as more odd or special characters, or at least they might not get noticed as much. What should that award be based on? How well the character corresponds to its SU? How well the RPer makes it feel alive and real? Or how funny/adventurous/exciting the posts about them are.

I'm guessing the middle option xD

Those are valid points and to be honest, I haven't really thought of it. I merely supplied the idea. It's up to the rest of you to make something out of it xD.

Although, I'm skeptical about making the award something like 'Most Original Character' as it would just be too dang hard to define originality. And I'm unsure about making it simply the 'Best Character', again for the same case. The award could simply be 'Most favorite Character', and go simply to the character you like the most, whether it be because of, as you said, 'how funny/adventurous/exciting the posts about them are' or 'how well the RPer makes it feel alive and real', or 'how well the character corresponds to its SU'. I don't feel this award should be limited in the reason for a nomination. And now that we have some secret panel negotiating, I feel it'll be much easier to go through with something like this with little bias.

Of course, that's just me. Interpret it how you like. xD

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
My favourite character to RP with hasn't been introduced to this forum yet, though I'll definitely remove his potty mouth and calm him down a little with his... beliefs to make him acceptable here. xD Though Sebastien The Cabbage (aka Prince) is proving fun to play.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Hey, hey. I have an idea, and it's not completely stupid, although it may be. I dunno. I was just thinking. We always talk a lot over here about favorite characters and such, and a lot of questions about them, so I was thinking: Why not make a category in the next RPAs about Your favorite/most original (haven't decided yet) character? It would be different than Best SU Writer because it would be solely based on a single RP character instead of multiple ones when examining a SU Writer, and it would be more based on the RPing of the character inside the RP than what is written on the SU itself, because sometimes people trails off on personality a tad. But not always in bad ways! Sometimes they are developed into better characters than merely what the SUs entail.

Obviously you wouldn't be able to vote for your own character, and it would have to be from an active RP, but it may be something to consider.

It's just a thought. What do you guys think?

I actually thought of a similar award a few weeks ago, but decided against proposing the idea because I couldn't really outline the...prerequisites....I suppose that that is the best word for it. Also I feared it could a bit subjective.

Though making it a "Favorite Character" and using some of the questions Red suggested probably could work. I think it's worth a shot to make another RPA.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
okay... there's actually someone (no names) who took over my Gijinka idea :I i dunno if i should feel bad because someone tries to do the same or good because that means that person thought it was a good idea >.>

The Immortal One

Life... Challenge Accepted!
Years
okay... there's actually someone (no names) who took over my Gijinka idea :I i dunno if i should feel bad because someone tries to do the same or good because that means that person thought it was a good idea >.>

If they are using the idea without your premission and it is in fact pretty much the exact same idea that they're claiming as their own, that would be plagiarism if I'm not mistake.

Anyways, as you can tell, I'm back again. Though I don't know how long I'll be here again because one bad thing after another keeps happening in my life. But I was wondering what people were wanting to see for an RP at the moment. The RP's that are currently open for SU's just don't have a plot that really interests me. So, What kind of RP's are you all wanting to see?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
It's very common for people to to anthropomorphize pokemon, especially artists, fanfiction writers, and RPers. Now, if they actually called them "Gijinka", that would be plagiarism.

Nam

Years
I like the award idea.

What kind of RP's are you all wanting to see?

Well, in my case, I just want a normal journey type RP: First pokemon from a professor, maybe a pokedex, get all gym badges from a certain region -or perhaps, various regions. Challenge the Pokemon League, fight some Team of evil-doers, etc. xD

But that's just because I haven't gotten to do one yet. xP From there on I'd probably like something a bit more complex. Maybe a Sonic RP where the previous heroes are all gone and their powers were absorbed by the chaos emeralds. For example: If you hold onto the blue chaos emerald you get Sonic's speed as long as it's in your posession. If you get a red emerald you got knuckle's power, a white for silver, Shadow's chaos abilities, etc. And as always, when you gather them all, you can go super saiyan.

We could also add that Robotniks grandchild or whatever, decided to revert to his ancestor's methods of turning people into robots, since they had a lot better results than Eggman. Etc. (If you like the idea, you have my permission to use it since I don't have GM experience. xP)

I think I'd also like to see how an Kingdom Heart's type RP would play. Not neccessarily with the keyblades or heartless or any of that; simply, the fact that worlds of different anime's collide. Pokemon, Digimon, Sonic, DBZ (nerfed A LOT), maybe even disney if you want, etc. (permission to use aswell, I'd like to see a trainer trying to catch a digimon or a sonic character. xD)

And lastly, for pokemon... I honestly can't think of one. It's hard to imagine a game of pokemon different than what it is -unless you add all those factors of my previous idea. But what else could you do other than fight the evil groups, challenge gyms, contests, breed, BE the gym leader, etc. I'll leave that for you guys. xP

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
hmmm...!!! i think i would go for the Kingdom hearts idea! :O OMG i'm gonna make this RP together with ShinyDiamond XD we are both huge fans of Kingdom Hearts :3

and about the Gijinka idea :I then if it's plagiarism, should i report it to that person? or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back