• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Adding on to what Truality said...
1. Is it possible to change shadow attitude in battle?
2. How to make new hm move like rock climb in Flora Sky? Does it need ASM?
3. How to set map to "need using flash" mode like in Granite Cave? I didn't find any option in A-Map (maybe it is...)

Thanks in advance
I assume you mean altitude - Wichu's Advance Series has a tool, the position editor, which allows you to do so.

As Truality said, it requires no ASM, however if you want it to be an actual TM and not a HM some research which will probably lead to ASM or hex will be needed to be done. Furthermore, if you want to make it so that it is a script assigned to a certain tile, you'll need to do some hex editing. There's a tutorial somewhere about it. You could also use JPAN's engine for new behaviour bytes.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2017
All of my person events on one map are saying the same thing.
Each person has their own separate script, but when I talk to any one of them, they all say the same thing. They all say what the first person event says.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
1. How can you edit the ??? types strengths and weaknesses (Type Strenght/weakness editors won't allow it)?

2. How can you add new attacks without deleting old ones?

3. How can yo insert completely new attacks and new attack graphics?

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Adding on to what Truality said...I assume you mean altitude - Wichu's Advance Series has a tool, the position editor, which allows you to do so.

As Truality said, it requires no ASM, however if you want it to be an actual TM and not a HM some research which will probably lead to ASM or hex will be needed to be done. Furthermore, if you want to make it so that it is a script assigned to a certain tile, you'll need to do some hex editing. There's a tutorial somewhere about it. You could also use JPAN's engine for new behaviour bytes.

Sorry but I mean shadow position. In Wichu's tools there is only option to change enemy Y and enemy altitude. See to this image:

h**p://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9950/45222027.png
(censored beacause of not enough posts...)

Emerald shadow altitude is ok for me but Ruby is too low...
Can someone help?

Thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2016
Trainers in Fire Red

Okay so Im making a hack of Fire Red where Im putting in all the regions, so far ive got johto, hoenn, and of course kanto. So, ive made all the people and everything and now im trying to do trainers. So im trying to do Falkner in Violet City and putting him as a regular trainer right? And it works when i put him in Sevii Island 7. I am able to battle him once, then rematch with him using the vs seeker. But once i moved that script to a sprite in my newly made map, the vs seeker doesnt even recognize falkner as a trainer anymore. So i was really really hoping someone could help me figure this out. Thanks in advance.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
3. How to set map to "need using flash" mode like in Granite Cave? I didn't find any option in A-Map (maybe it is...)

Thanks in advance
Actually, you can do it with A-Map. Once in the map you want to need flash, go to header view. See where it says "Cave". There will be a drop-down list under it that will say Regular [00]. This tells the map that it's a normal map that is not dark. You can change it to either Dark, flash usable [01] or Dark, flash unusable [02].

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
How can i find offset of ASM routine using debugger and how can I decompile it out of rom?
Use Google to find some VBA-SDL-H debugging tutorials on this site. They'll talk you through basic debugging step-by-step.

Note, though, that VBA-SDL-H is a very buggy debugger (LOLIRONY!). There are better ones out there, but I don't know if they're free. VBA-SDL-H is, to the best of my knowledge, 100% free.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
Sorry but I mean shadow position. In Wichu's tools there is only option to change enemy Y and enemy altitude. See to this image:

h**p://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9950/45222027.png
(censored beacause of not enough posts...)

Emerald shadow altitude is ok for me but Ruby is too low...
Can someone help?

Thanks in advance
yeah i can help...but maybe im not getting what u are wanting though...
I just tell u what i think u should do and its this:
go to the advanced serie folder or wherever u ahve the tool there must be an .PNG file looking like the battlebackground in game just lower it there how it would apear in ruby so u get how it look. i mean just grab the platform and slide it some pixels down to where it fits rubys place and save it and try again..
As i said at the beginning maybe im not gettin what u want

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
go to the advanced serie folder or wherever u ahve the tool there must be an .PNG file looking like the battlebackground in game . . .
Won't work.

The shadow is a separate image, and editing the files that the program uses for the preview will not affect how it actually looks or is positioned in-game.

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
Years
Use Google to find some VBA-SDL-H debugging tutorials on this site. They'll talk you through basic debugging step-by-step.

Note, though, that VBA-SDL-H is a very buggy debugger (LOLIRONY!). There are better ones out there, but I don't know if they're free. VBA-SDL-H is, to the best of my knowledge, 100% free.

I think I wrote the question wrong way. I know how to debug it but when I try to break into function I need to find offset of, it only shows the loop at 8aa to 8ac etc. So I can' find offset of function I need to disassemble.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I think I wrote the question wrong way. I know how to debug it but when I try to break into function I need to find offset of, it only shows the loop at 8aa to 8ac etc. So I can' find offset of function I need to disassemble.
You need to know something about the function in order to find it.

For example, if the function reads data from or writes data to a specific offset in RAM, you can set a break-on-read or break-on-write to that location. When the breakpoint trips, look at the current offset; this is the ASM instruction doing the reading and writing.

From there, just use normal-VBA's disassembler on that offset and backtrack from there. Chances are, what you'll be looking at will be a subfunction... So finding the "parent" function is up to you. It really depends on what you're looking for, I think.

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
Does anyone know the palette offsets for the gym badges, male/female hero and the rival for Fire Red? UNLZ isn't finding me the correct offsets.
Oh, and also the image offsets for the battle backgrounds.
Just like to re-ask my question since it was missed a few pages back.

would it be possible to edit Fire Red so you have 2 rivals, much the same as in Black/White? One which would follow the normal 'flow' and become league champ, and another random one that you'd run into?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
would it be possible to edit Fire Red so you have 2 rivals, much the same as in Black/White? One which would follow the normal 'flow' and become league champ, and another random one that you'd run into?
It should be possible if you're okay with the player not being able to name the second rival. You'd just script the rival from scratch as you would any other story character.

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
It should be possible if you're okay with the player not being able to name the second rival. You'd just script the rival from scratch as you would any other story character.
Not being able to name the second rival wouldn't be a problem. Just wondered if that sort of thing was possible. I'll have to figure out how to script sometime soon.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2011
Oak - Give National Pokedex (How?)

How do you get Oak to give you the national pokedex in the very beginning. I've been trying to do this for awhile, and I need it to happen to I can continue making a hack.

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
I changed Follow Me to Nasty Plot in Darthatron's Attack Editor Pro. Effect works ok, but don't know how to change attack description... Is it possible to change it? Of course in hex editor it's easy but I have always problems with finding the correct text... for example I wrote "Birch" and hex editor didn't find it...
I'm using thingy32, maybe another editor is better so I can find the description

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back