• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 3] Pokemon Potterlocke! Emerald Let's Play!

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
Years
Hey Pokefans!!

So I recently embarked on my most recent project the Pokemon Potterlocke!

This idea was entirely based off of the official Potterlocke thread on this site, originally created by Lethe!
I have made a couple of personal tweaks to the rules, but mostly kept to the original design, so full credit to Lethe for that =)

--------------------------------
The Pokemon Potterlocke Challenge!

When a Pokemon is caught it is sorted into a House based on it's nature
----------------
Gryffindor -
They MAY switch into battle via another House' Pokemon, ONCE for every gym badge that you obtain.

They must play as if on SET MODE, and if in a gym, must allow at least one chance for the opponent to attack before switching out
--------------
Hufflepuff -
Only Hufflepuff Pokemon may use HM's

Hufflepuff Pokemon may not use Status condition changing moves.
-------------
Ravenclaw -
Only Ravenclaw Mons may use TM's

They may not use moves that are "Not Very Effective"
------------
Slytherin -
Only Slytherin Pokemon may carry held items

They may not lead into battle in a gym
------------

(From the moment we have 3 different House representations in our posession, we must always represent 3 houses in our party.)

Chapter 1 (Until 1st Badge)
We may not use special moves. Moves that cause status condition changes to the OPPONENT, such as Powders, Leech Seed, Thunder Wave ARE allowed.

Chapter 2 (Until Elite 4)
From this point until the start of the E4, Pokemon may not switch out for Pokemon from another house. (In trainer battles)

Chapter 3 (Until 3rd)
During this chapter, if a Pokemon is afflicted with SLEEP, AFTER that battle, that Pokemon must be placed in the PC, it may be used again after obtaining the next badge. (Also active in wild Pokemon battles)

Chapter 4 (Until 4th)
Poke Mart banned (Pokeballs allowed)

Chapter 5 (Until 5th)
Choose a Pokemon from the party, this Pokemon must lead into EVERY Trainer battle, if the Mon faints, choose another champion

Chapter 6 (Until 6th)
Your team for the entirity of the 6th Gym, must have at least 3 different Pokemon from the team in your 5th gym battle. (If we don't have 3, we do as many as we can)

Chapter 7 (Until 7th)
If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must choose another Pokemon in your party, that Mon is also dead

No Slytherins allowed in party

Chapter 8 (Until 8th Badge)
Choose a Team, then you may not use the PC again unless you wite out.

Chaper 9
From the start of the E4, you may now swap Pokemon from different houses for eachother in trainer battles. Battle with at least one Mon from each House if you can.

-----------------------------

We are 3 episodes in currently, and it seems to be proving fairly popular! My most successful videos in my 8 weeks as poketuber anyway!
So I thought I would post the project over here, the forum that was a huge part of my life from 14-17ish

I hope some of you will give the project a chance and see if it, and I, are your cup of tea =)

KA-POW!

Back