• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which many emulators of video games do you have?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
There's one very very early in development. I think it can currently run a few indie games at like, 2 fps? It's a long way off but it'll happen

To me though, emulating the Switch kinda negates the whole point of it. Without its abilities, it's essentially just a last gen console.

How would its motion controls translate too, even mild ones that involve one joycon having to be twisted a bit?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
To me though, emulating the Switch kinda negates the whole point of it. Without its abilities, it's essentially just a last gen console.

How would its motion controls translate too, even mild ones that involve one joycon having to be twisted a bit?

Not quite sure, but dolphin emulates wii quite well and that had motion controls too. There's probably even a way to hook joycons up to a pc, but I wouldn't know

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years

Given that such emulators are built for eg.: PC and one can attach any HID-compatible controller via USB on most modern systems not to mention write HID controllers / mappers on our own, it's probable the motion controls could involve either the mouse or setting up a joystick or gamepad that already has accelerometers built in that the computer can read, for example using a 3DS as a PC gamepad via the ctroller homebrew.

Years
PC (Windows):
NES: FCEUX
SNES: Snes9x
GBA: VisualBoyAdvance-M
GB/GBC: bgb
Genesis, Game Gear, Master System, Sega CD: Kega Fusion
NDS: DeSmuME
N64: Project64
Atari 2600: Stella

Android:
Atari 2600: 2600.emu