• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All pokemon gone from bank?!

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 12, 2019
Guys, I had a bank subscription with ALL of my pokemon from 10+ games in it. I let it expire accidentally then (on the same DS) I purchased another subscription and it was completely empty. Any idea what happened here? So much work went into getting all my pokemon.

I'd love to know who to call or contact about this...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Unfortunately they're gone.. :(

If you let it sit too long without renewing they are automatically wiped. Nobody is sure how long but roughly a month is usually the grace period. Any longer and they're just wiped (you would think it is to save space but ehhh it uses up nothing). I'm so sorry.

People have previously tried calling Nintendo / GameFreak. That... doesn't make a difference. They can't restore them unfortunately :(

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 12, 2019
Thank you for telling me that.

Wow this is horrifying. What a downer. I had so many event pokemon, EV trained, IV bred, and shinies. I have played since Blue version and those pokemon were from my ruby/sapphire and above. The worst part is I spent forever breeding a pikachu with perfect IVs and trained him to be a special sweeper with the lightball but he was lost in the one game I've ever misplaced- my diamond version. All my favorites are gone.

I suppose there is a freedom in having nothing to look back on. I can pick up a new game and start fresh.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Thank you for telling me that.

Wow this is horrifying. What a downer. I had so many event pokemon, EV trained, IV bred, and shinies. I have played since Blue version and those pokemon were from my ruby/sapphire and above. The worst part is I spent forever breeding a pikachu with perfect IVs and trained him to be a special sweeper with the lightball but he was lost in the one game I've ever misplaced- my diamond version. All my favorites are gone.

I suppose there is a freedom in having nothing to look back on. I can pick up a new game and start fresh.

Mhm :( You HAVE always got the memories though (and that's the best part really!), hold onto them, and maybe even name some of your new Pokemon after your old ones. Maybe you could do up a personal travel journal of your own where you write down your best memories with your Pokemon while they're still in your memory. It's a silly idea but something you can do so you'll never forget!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Unfortunately they're gone.. :(

If you let it sit too long without renewing they are automatically wiped. Nobody is sure how long but roughly a month is usually the grace period. Any longer and they're just wiped (you would think it is to save space but ehhh it uses up nothing). I'm so sorry.

People have previously tried calling Nintendo / GameFreak. That... doesn't make a difference. They can't restore them unfortunately :(

And now I detest the Pokemon Bank even more. I didn't think that was possible.

Seriously, a fee to use it and your Pokemon still aren't safe? What a bullying scam. They get you to KEEP paying otherwise you lose them. Best transfer them to a game as soon as possible and let that bank rot thereafter. I'll say it again: what a scam.

Last edited:
Back