• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Deluxe

Which Region do you want to visit after the Kalos region?

• Kanto

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Johto

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • Unova

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 54 36.5%

• Total voters

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
f9mW5no.png

Pokémon Deluxe (version: Alpha 0.0.1)
image was done by me, sprite of Team Flare boss by Kurisu-san, Background by Chibi-gfx font style and lines designed with MediBang Paint Pro and Photo Filtre Studio X! Sprites made by me with the original Artworks of GameFreak inc. Bunnelby, Skiddo and Fletchling are from: Pokédex sites with 3D images of XY Pokémon, PokemonDB and Smogon

============
About the game:
============
My username is Pokébook and I welcome you to Pokémon Deluxe a new version based of Pokémon X and Y but for PC made with RPG Maker XP and the latest Essentials update! v.17.2 Here you can play as Serena or Calem, you have the running shoes right after the Intro! The game story is based of Pokémon X and Y but I might add some new story into the game, and you will be able to catch all Kalos Pokémon + all the legendaries of X & Y like Yveltal, Xerneas, Zygarde and Hoopa + forms. Xerneas and Yveltal will have primals! But not that will be enough, my game project will be always updated, even if its complete, I continue updating and fixing bugs, if I'll find one.

You have to defeat all 8 Gym Leaders of Kalos, the Kalos region is based of the original games, but with XY- and 4th generation Tilesets. Not everything is in harmony a mysterious Team called "Team Flare" is surrounding the Kalos region, anything they want but they don't tell us, you have to find it out, with the help of your friends: Shauna and (Serena/Calem)! Can you defeat Team Flare? Also you will discover the Mega-Evolution! There will be more "Mega- Items" like the Mega-Ring, Mega-Bracelet, Mega-Gloves etc.

======

The story takes place in Kalos. Trevor is the assistent of Prof. Sycamore and Trevor will introduce you to the game. Trevor will give you one of 3 Kalos Starter Pokémon, in his lab. Sycamore has his own lab in Lumiose city. You then, head off to Aquacorde town, battle your friend shauna and follow the story. You go to Santalune Forest, and fight against new Trainer types and catch a bunch of new Pokémon! Santalune City offers you buildings to explore and the Trainer School and the Pokémon Gym, too! You have to battle the Roller Skater girl for you to have the Roller Skaters! (They are working and they're faster then the bike!) If you want to trade your Bunnelby with a shiny Farfetched' talk to the Hiker in one of the buildings. Then, go to the Gym, solve that puzzle and defeat Gym Leader Viola -- So you can head off to Route 3 or optional to Route 22.

Before leaving the Town, Alexa will give you the EXP Share All! With that all your Pokémon, can receive EXP after battle or after catching a Pokémon. Then, head off to Route 4, there are many Items and Hidden Items! and new Trainer types! In the end of Route 4, you'll find Sina and Dexio, which wants to see a Flabébé, You have to catch one. (I don't know if you have to have a Flabébé in your Party) If they don't say anything more, you must have a Flabébé in your Party. Then they start talking about Flabébé's new Fairy Type and about Lumiose City and the Pokémon Lab and Sycamore wants to talk to you. So they go inside that gate and you have to follow them to Lumiose City.

Features:

* New Battle UI
* New Trainer types with their respective Trainer Sprites!
* Regional Dex (Central Kalos etc)
* New NPC graphic charset's (Your mom has finally feets to walk!)
* New Tileset and new Indoor Tileset

========
Game Progress (done and not done yet but I'll finish it)
=========

1. Running Shoes at the very beginning (after the Intro)
  2. All X & Y Pokémon + All new legendaries obtainable (90% done)
  3. Regional Dex done!
  4. Character Customization will be added!
  5. Choose 1 out of 6 character players (skin changes/hair/eyes)
  6. Roller Skates are working!
  7. Vaniville Town map is done!
  8. You will be able to choose 1 of 3 starters from Kalos
  9. In Lumiose City in Sycamore's Lab you'll be able to choose 1 of 3 starters of the Kanto region! He also gives you 1 of the Mega stones for your starter Pokémon!
  10. Online Trading will be done (as I know how to do this XD)
  11. For having all starter's you have to trade online
  12. The Initial story is different, you have to talk with the Mom of your Rival (Serena/Calem) and then you may choose 1 of 3 Starter Pokémon in the Pokémon Lab in Vaniville Town, Prof. Trevor will give you 1 of 3 Starter Pokémon of the Kalos region! Then talk to your Mom and you may leave Vaniville Town.
  13. All Images like Message-box and signs will be ripped of X&Y!
  14. Gen 6 features from Essentials v.17.2
  15. Purchable Items will have a fairer price in the Pokémon Centers.
  16. I might add a discount ticket for "TMs, expensive Items, Clothes"
  17. PBS data's of Pokémon 1-6 and Items and Moves etc will be updated!
  18. New Badges of Kalos will be drawn (1 Badge was drawn!)
  19. Battle Frontier, Safari Zone and Bug-Catching-Contest will be made!
  20. The signs of the routes of XY will be the same and appear on top!
  21. HUD fixed Bar
  22. Egg-Shops will be available in every City!
  23. HM Moves will be completely erased and substituted eventually by Items/TMs/ or key Items etc.
  24. It will have the Elite Battle System just in Fuuuuture because there are no Trainer, gym leader, elite 4, friends and Team Flare of X and Y animated gifs!
  25. I wont do the "Pokémon Following" feature, because I'll wait till these feature are completely done without bugs.
  26. Pokémon Sprites are all done till Yveltal + Yveltal shiny! + Vivillon forms back and front, shiny Scatterbug, Bunnelby; Fletchling evolution-line have all shinies. And all 5 forms of Flabébé + backsprites, Pyroar forms + shiny, Furfrou standard form (I'll make it in future), ++ Zygarde, Zygarde shiny and all cell and core forms! I'll made the cell backsprite by myself! The cores red and blue are colored by me + backsprites. Zygarde (dog)-form is done (just fronts) of red and blue forms.
  27. Done with mapping Route 4
  28. Done with mapping

Before I put some screenshots, I need to tell you that I really need your feedback/suggestions and every feedback you give is really welcome! + I prefer to use Gen 3 NPC's + playable character because 1. I can't sprite. 2. it doesn't exist Gen 5 sprites of Serena/Calem yet and I'm just experienced with editing Gen 3 NPC's/PC's...

I will need Members, I'm new at this and I think for this to work, we should send the game project file to each other at Dropbox or Discord
Also I really need Feedback, here are my follow questions for Pokémon Deluxe

Questions and Answers

• How many Regions will your game have?

Just 2 Regions! (Kalos and another Region)

• Will Route 1 be like X and Y?
No, Route 1 will be with grass and wild Pokémon, no starters in the wild

• Which Pokémon can I get from Prof. Sycamore?
1 of 3 Kalos starters from Trevor in Vaniville Town and later in Lumious City (in the Lab) you'll be able to choose 1 of 3 Kanto starters after defeating Prof. Sycamore. After the Elite 4 and the postgame you will get 1 of 3 starter Pokémon of a ??? region, you can fly to - which region? You have to tell me which region you want to go after Kalos, is it Sinnoh?, Kanto?, Hoenn? you may decide, just tell me here in this Thread!

• Mystery Gift
*Special Torchic* in Santalune City, and after the Demo comes out I'll make more Mystery Gifts for you to download, I'll possibly make it like 1 or 2 Mystery Gifts per Months.

My Questions to You!
  • What didn't you like in Pokémon X and Y? that I should change it in Deluxe?

Tell me what you didn't like in the original X and Y games, so I can change it in this game, tell me what you'd want for X and Y while you played it, tell it in this thread when you Post Reply or quick reply, thank you!

===========================
Screenshots version Alpha 0.1.0
===========================

Spoiler:

More Screenshots: From Santalune City to Lumiose City..
Spoiler:

============================[/SIZE]
If you wanna help me out:
=============================

• Help with VS Bars of X&Y (Idk how to make that they appear in the game)
  • Help with Sprites/or NPC if you want
  • Help me with making some Scripts or fixing some that doesn't work
  • give me any ideas you might get
  • Help me with making customizable characters and more playable characters
  • Help with making XY resources
The other things like Events I'll do, because before I started to make this game I started to watch german, portuguese and american Tutorials on how to make your own Pokémon game with Essentials and I made a game for my own with it but didn't want to show it off because it was just for learning progress now I'm ready to do this, besides I'm not perfect at this but with your help Pokémon Deluxe will grow and be better for us all.

What you'll receive in exchange for your help:

• You will be on the credits with your username or real name (if you wish)
  • I will help you guys out with your game in everything I got
  • I'll make a website (If you wish) for your game/ or a board
  • I give you my graphics/PBS files if you wish for your game
  • I'll make every GFX graphic you wish, like Banners, Headers, Buttons etc.
What I'm good at:
creating free websites (html 5, css 3, javascript), creating free Boards
making GFX (Graphic Effects), I'm very good at it as my visitors told me
Languages lol: Portuguese, German and English <-(American English)
I am still learning RGSS Ruby but there are no tutorials on Internet that helps me
I'm good at making NPC's of 3rd gen
I know how to make a Pokémon game on RPG Maker XP, though still learning every day new things ^^
I'm very good at drawing as my family and friends and strangers told me
I know how to sprite, because of the Pokémon Information page I had before..

What Games will you make in future?
a Pokémon remake of Diamond and Pearl
Alpha Sapphire
Pokébook (a game about my own created Pokémon Manga and Fakemons)
Pokémon Sun and Moon (other name must be invented by me xD)

Don't be sad I will never give up on this and those games!
but don't worry I make one thing at their time, I don't rush, I make it step-by-step and
my goal is to make all Pokémon games of GameFreak playable for peoples who don't have that amount of money to buy a 3ds, 2ds etc. Not just for poor peoples though it can be for everyone, since I need to know what you want for the game to be better, what you didn't found on the original ones.

(I have that money 'cause I workk for that. I buy every now and then the new Poké Games. I'm owning Pokémon X, Alpha Sapphire, I'll even bought Sun last year together with Nintendogs and this year I bought Pokémon Ultra Moon! I'm thinking of leaving my FC in my Signature/Profile.) :)

Thanks!

Credits
Ideas for the story and primal Xerneas and Yveltal Idea
Gajeel (Thank You!)

Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource (MrDollSteak + all spriters too many to write it here)

Area Label
Midnitez-REMIX
GameFreak inc.

Tilesets:
Magiscarf
Midnitez-REMIX
BabyDialga
Zeo254
EVoliNa
Burton-kun
zetavares852

Others
Wesley FG
==================
XY Battle Grass
PokemonBrendan

Sound Effects (SFX):
==================
All Sounds from XY are from GameFreak inc. and from Youtuber: BrawlBRSTMs3 X

Essentials from:
Poccil, flameguru and Maruno, Luca S.J, FL

Scripts by:
FL
Mej
Luca S.J
Marin

Playable Character of Calem and Serena by:
ASAWE2321

Last edited:
Years
The maps need to be improve and instead of using the walls straight to show the top use a black autotile there is one in essentials so you just have to put it in your indoor tileset and put a x of passable and then put that autotile as to show the top of the wall. Check out other games like Pokemon Chaos I would recommend. My desire to improve my maps is because of that game. I would have helped you but I'm seriously a lazy guy that can barely put up with his own game XD.

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
This game looks very promising and I am looking forward to playing a demo of this~
Thank you ^^

Jefries said:
The maps need to be improve and instead of using the walls straight to show the top use a black autotile there is one in essentials so you just have to put it in your indoor tileset and put a x of passable and then put that autotile as to show the top of the wall. Check out other games like Pokemon Chaos I would recommend. My desire to improve my maps is because of that game. I would have helped you but I'm seriously a lazy guy that can barely put up with his own game XD.
Do you mean the walls of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum or do you mean that black autotile?
If you mean the black autotile, I didn't put it because I want to show visible walls and don't worry the walls I put aren't passable, allthough I can't understand it well what you mean with the walls that shows on top, I have the walls of dpp maybe I should playtest Pokemon Chaos to understand your feedback sorry and nevermind I understand you make your own game but with your feedback I got the idea to play Pokémon Chaos a little to understand what you mean with the walls so thank you ^^

EmperorSig said:
This is different! Might I suggest adding thr follow me feature? Where Pokemon can follow you?
I'll try to implement this feature, but I still want that the NPC's follows the player but 2 steps behind the player, not like the gba games more like X&Y where the NPC's follows you like 2 steps behind, so that they are not to close at you, I'll implementing this feature after I complete the Family Tree from FL, I'm having trouble with it, I'm pasting it in a vanilla Essentials to know what's causing trouble with my scripts. But that's a great Idea I might really put the follow me feature in Pokémon Deluxe! Thank you ^^

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
Hi

Im really excited for this, do you have any battle screenshots?

Hello, I'm sorry I am still at the very beginning, it takes so long because I'm adding all 721 Pokémon in the Pokédex (PBS Files) and I resize the sprites of the Pokémon from the PokéCommunity Thread: Gen VI DS style 64x64 by MrDollSteak and all the other spriters, I'm still resizing them, and I'm adding the Kalos dex into the pbs files, which takes so long ._." when I'm done I promise you I put the Screenshots here! And when I promise something then you can be sure that I never break my promises!

Also I really wanted to edit the poll above, because I didn't mean "starters in the wild" but I ment "which starter you want from Sycamore" but now I changed it, you'll be able to have 1 of 3 Kalos starters at the beginning in Vaniville Town (because Route 1 will have wild Pokémon) in Vaniville Town I will add a Library or something else for Sycamore being there and giving you the starters ^^ So I wished I could edit the poll, Its the first time I make a poll here and I don't get it how to edit it, I want to make another question that's more important rn. I will add the Kanto region, Unova and Hoenn region into my game, now the question is "Which 2nd region want you to travel to after the Elite 4 of Kalos?" Kanto, Unova, Hoenn, Other region
Choose one of those, I make the game step by step but I need to know what y'all want for the game. If you choose other region you have to write on a new post in this thread of which region you want or you can also write a fantasy region (fake region) so I'll add them later, I really need feedback and answers thank you in advance ;)

I'm also about to make a website for my game (Not yet though) when the game reaches the beta version, it may take long though

Last edited:

NotchItUpABit

Amateur
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
Maybe think about creating the first region, Kalos, before thinking about any other regions? I own Pokemon Y, so I'm interested in how this will be different plot-wise.

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
Years
In my honest opinion. Your maps are far to large and empty with a lot of wasted space or unneeded space. Especially your first town.

EmperorSig

Champion Zero
Years
Thank you ^^

Do you mean the walls of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum or do you mean that black autotile?
If you mean the black autotile, I didn't put it because I want to show visible walls and don't worry the walls I put aren't passable, allthough I can't understand it well what you mean with the walls that shows on top, I have the walls of dpp maybe I should playtest Pokemon Chaos to understand your feedback sorry and nevermind I understand you make your own game but with your feedback I got the idea to play Pokémon Chaos a little to understand what you mean with the walls so thank you ^^

I'll try to implement this feature, but I still want that the NPC's follows the player but 2 steps behind the player, not like the gba games more like X&Y where the NPC's follows you like 2 steps behind, so that they are not to close at you, I'll implementing this feature after I complete the Family Tree from FL, I'm having trouble with it, I'm pasting it in a vanilla Essentials to know what's causing trouble with my scripts. But that's a great Idea I might really put the follow me feature in Pokémon Deluxe! Thank you ^^

If I can help in anyway, please let me know! I'm really interested in joining this team!

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
If I can help in anyway, please let me know! I'm really interested in joining this team!
Yes, you can help me and join this team :)

Sir_Tman said:
In my honest opinion. Your maps are far to large and empty with a lot of wasted space or unneeded space. Especially your first town.
Thank you, this is my first public game though, and I noticed it earlier and I tried to make the game again but with Essentials 16 instead, because of the Gen 6 project, so all Kalos Pokémon are in the game and I made the game, I'm now in Aquacorde Town with the Events I'm done till the part where the player can get trough the bridge and the hiker let you pass. The maps I made its like in a normal size not too large, I have to make screenshots but I think I just made one Battle screenshot so far, but I really wanna change the buttons to look more like X & Y, the songs are all by Game Freak and just downloaded from Youtube and convert it for the game, now after I heard that Nintendo took down Pokémon Uranium, I'm not sure, I think this can happen to all of us...

This is the Battle between the player and Shauna:
M1RF2xg.png

I'll change the buttons and the windows screen of the battle, I made that Shauna has 3 different starters depending on which starter you chose: If you have Fennekin she has Chespin, If you go with Froakie she'll have Fennekin and if you have Chespin she will have a Froakie.

Route 1 has grass tiles, but it still looks like a path... I may change it though

I have problems on this: The gen 6 Pokémon has no cry (allthough I put it on the folder SE, all cries from Kalos)
Tilesets & Resources: I'm making it with the Essentials resources first, when I have all resources and Tilesets and all npc's from gen 5 I might be changing it, or I may change just the Tileset for now, I'll add more Screenshots today at 1 pm

SpaceShipEarth said:
This game looks very promising and I am looking forward to playing a demo of this~
Thank you so much ^^ I'm done with Aquacorde Town I'll be adding more Screenshots and Battle Screenshots at 1 pm today also I changed the Trainer Card to look more like X & Y
and I've made a dad for the player, he is a police officer and this will get important later on the story plot. I still need Feedback for the game, Route 1 still looks like a path (I wanted to make a little route) I just put grass and encounters on it, so you receive Poké Balls from the teacher in Vaniville Town, I changed the events, like you receive the starters in your hometown by an Ex-Aid of Professor Sycamore, he is now a Professor like Professor Sycamore and he has a french name too, don't worry Prof. Sycamore is still the main Professor in the game, also how you like it so far? I'll work on the game every day ^^

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
What can I help with?!

You can help me with one of this, you can choose whatever you want to make =

EmperorSig

Champion Zero
Years
You can help me with one of this, you can choose whatever you want to make =

I can help with scripting, if you don't have a wondertrade script in already, I can start on that. Btw, what do you mean by customizable characters?

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
I can help with scripting, if you don't have a wondertrade script in already, I can start on that. Btw, what do you mean by customizable characters?

With customizable characters I mean, that you can choose 4 different playable characters and buy clothes and wear it, so your player change clothes, I saw that feature in Pokémon Insurgence, so it would have the same feature like in X&Y... Hope I could explain it well, and thank you for scripting, you can do that wondertrade script

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
Thank you I made a major Update! Vaniville Town done!, Route 1 - Vaniville Pathway done! Aquacorde Town done! one Event that occurs wih your dad in Aquacorde Town done! Route 2 - Avance Trail done! Santalune Forest - still under construction! All Encounters done!
Potion Shop, Flower Shop, Pokéball Shop done! Hotel done, Bank under construction!

This days I'll go to make new Screenshots of the game, before I do it I just want to edit the Battle Scenario with those Buttons, HP etc. that it looks like XY, I already have all music files of XY I want.

Pokébook1

Marene
Years
Eh, I'm not really a huge fan of those 3D sprites - they don't look that great and seem really out of place in a otherwise 2D game.
Sorry the screenshot's are old and I took it by pressing "PrtScSysRq", because F8 isn't working for me... now I have to use a mix of Tilesets of BW/XY/3rd gen houses, because I don't have all the resources of X and Y, I'm always searching through DeviantArt and Google pictures. When you say 3D sprites, I guess you mean the pokémon sprites? but I thought they were 2D, or you mean the Tileset?

I made a lot of changes! Huge changes, I really wanna show it off but I can't figure out how to make screenshots, I click on F8 and the screenshots are nowhere, even if I playtest or play the game without debug mode, it doesn't work. I guess I have to download some program for making screenshots of games, where I can select the screenshot, I have to look for it, then I'll make new screenshots. But how I told ya in the first post, my project is in the beginning so it's natural that there are things you don't like, just please keep telling me what you don't like. The game goes till Santalune City I just changed the event's.

I'm making the game by my own, without no one helping me, just EmperorSig helps me with WonderTrade
but I need someone to make sprites, or Tileset. The only thing I can do is making NPCs, Events, mapping (still learning) RMXP basics knowledge and I can resize ripped stuff to RMXP size. If you can't help me, it's no problem. I also need someone to help me with rollerskates and riding Pokémon. Because I just know a lot of Javascript, Html4,5, CSS2,3 but RGSS or RGSS1, 2 whatever I can't understand as much as I try to, it's to complicated, even after learning a bit of ruby, I think this scripts are quite different from ruby....

Back