• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
If You're using an Emulator w/ a speed booster, I did, then the wholly caves realtime clock accelerate by that speed. I've made it through while on 4x speed once, but it is incredibly difficult. If this isn't your case, my apologies.
That was probably it!

I didn't even think about it once I made that "realtime clock based freezing" hack. Of course, it's easy to get through if you play at normal speed but with higher speeds, you would have to "speed run" through the tunnel to get through without getting frozen.

But I do have a question, everyone says the house on west lake has a page in it, but it's locked, do. I need a special key?
You need a specific key. A hint for acquiring it is that you need HM Surf first and once you have obtained it, return to an area where you have been to before and acquire the Key there.

ikkew

ikkew
Years
Miksy91, you sir are a God!
I tried and loved this hack, however,
I'm a bit stuck, i did 3 sidequests and defeated the Dark Energy Leader in the Gym on the second map
Could you help in any way? It could help allot if i knew where to start the sidequests and if
I'm actually done with the story so far (cause it's still beta).
Also i've collected only 3 orbs and i've read that there are 5..
So what'cha think? Could you lead me trough?

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Miksy91, you sir are a God!
I tried and loved this hack, however,
I'm a bit stuck, i did 3 sidequests and defeated the Dark Energy Leader in the Gym on the second map
Could you help in any way? It could help allot if i knew where to start the sidequests and if
I'm actually done with the story so far (cause it's still beta).
Also i've collected only 3 orbs and i've read that there are 5..
So what'cha think? Could you lead me trough?
Nice to hear you liked it (and even added the banner of the hack to your signature) :)

You modified your post since yesterday, didn't you? I wasn't online then but I checked out if somebody had posted here and then you talked about 2 orbs instead of 3 and probably something else was different too.

Anyway, you can't obtain more orbs in beta 4. The rest are available in later releases.
As for what comes to all those sidequests, you can finish all 7 of them (there will be more in later releases as well). To finish them, you pretty much have to explore and notice things that you haven't done or completed just yet. I guess that's kinda self-explanotary as its own though.

The sidequests have been mentioned here in the thread though and others have posted information about them (= what they are and what to do to finish them). So if you need hints, check out earlier posts in this thread. You should run into something by checking out the latest pages.

ikkew

ikkew
Years
Nice to hear you liked it (and even added the banner of the hack to your signature) :)

You modified your post since yesterday, didn't you? I wasn't online then but I checked out if somebody had posted here and then you talked about 2 orbs instead of 3 and probably something else was different too.

Anyway, you can't obtain more orbs in beta 4. The rest are available in later releases.
As for what comes to all those sidequests, you can finish all 7 of them (there will be more in later releases as well). To finish them, you pretty much have to explore and notice things that you haven't done or completed just yet. I guess that's kinda self-explanotary as its own though.

The sidequests have been mentioned here in the thread though and others have posted information about them (= what they are and what to do to finish them). So if you need hints, check out earlier posts in this thread. You should run into something by checking out the latest pages.

Thank you so much for replying that quick.
And offcourse for making this monster. (The banner is no problem at all and you deserve it).

Also, i indeed changed it cause i made some progress,
I've been reading allot in this thread and i managed to complete a couple more sidequests and I got all the pages.
Ill be sure to finish this game and will wait for the future releases. Again thanks.

And before you ask: Yes! I edited it again for some grammar fails.
I'm sure there are still a few but try to ignore them.

-Love you ;)

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Thank you so much for replying that quick.
And offcourse for making this monster. (The banner is no problem at all and you deserve it).

Also, i indeed changed it cause i made some progress,
I've been reading allot in this thread and i managed to complete a couple more sidequests and I got all the pages.
Ill be sure to finish this game and will wait for the future releases. Again thanks.

And before you ask: Yes! I edited it again for some grammar fails.
I'm sure there are still a few but try to ignore them.

-Love you ;)
Not sure what to add here anymore, but have fun with the rest I guess :)
I haven't had that much time hacking because I have spent most of my free time with sports, schoolwork and my girlfriend so the beta 5 won't come anytime soon though.. But at least I haven't stopped working on this :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Only rom hack I've been addicted too. Crushed my heart when it told me I had to wait till the next beta. :(

ikkew

ikkew
Years
Not sure what to add here anymore, but have fun with the rest I guess :)
I haven't had that much time hacking because I have spent most of my free time with sports, schoolwork and my girlfriend so the beta 5 won't come anytime soon though.. But at least I haven't stopped working on this :)

Well, it's worth the wait
Good job on beeing able to do this and having a gf at the same time

Charizard :P

A Wild Charizard
Years
Hi! I'm loving this hack so far, I really like the story and I've been having a great time! But it sure is difficult, took me a while to go through the Cave Of Illusions...

Can't wait till the next beta!! :D

ExtremeStyle

Pokemon hacks <3
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 24, 2015
This is a great hack ! My favorite ! The story is great and the scripting rivals real pokemon games !
But,can anyone solve this problem?
So,I just encountered super onix in Beast's lair,I have been playing on an emulator on my Android so I was saving states. As soon as I got into the battle with it,I overwrited my state.
But....The box is full ! ! ! So,there is no way for me to catch it?

I was thinking runnning from it and then somehow hacking it into the game,like a wild pokemon modifier code.

Help me ! :/

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
Okay, so I have read the ENTIRE thread and still can't figure out which Page I am missing! I have completed 5 quests and I think I just need this page one and the Magikarp one. I can't figure out where else I haven't looked for the page! Please help!

Where I have obtained pages already:
1. Milky Village Farm House
2. Briefcase quest - got page from scientist
3. Beat Neal in the Sage Tower, page showed up in my PC
4. Got key from guy I surfed to east of Greenwood village, opened the house on Western Lake and got the page from the drawer
5. Surfed to the blackbelt guy west/north of the Capital, beat him, and got another page.

Do I need to beat Neal again? Like, the 1st time didn't count and I have to beat him twice after he gets better? Thank you!

miksy91

Years
This is a great hack ! My favorite ! The story is great and the scripting rivals real pokemon games !
But,can anyone solve this problem?
So,I just encountered super onix in Beast's lair,I have been playing on an emulator on my Android so I was saving states. As soon as I got into the battle with it,I overwrited my state.
But....The box is full ! ! ! So,there is no way for me to catch it?

I was thinking runnning from it and then somehow hacking it into the game,like a wild pokemon modifier code.

Help me ! :/
Sorry for not replying back earlier, I have been just lazy..
Anyway, at least for the time being, I decided not to include Lugia in the hack so I didn't have to create a totally new pokemon as Super Onix. So I simply replaced Lugia with Super Onix and you can use the wild pokemon modifier code for Lugia to fight it again if you like.

Okay, so I have read the ENTIRE thread and still can't figure out which Page I am missing! I have completed 5 quests and I think I just need this page one and the Magikarp one. I can't figure out where else I haven't looked for the page! Please help!

Where I have obtained pages already:
1. Milky Village Farm House
2. Briefcase quest - got page from scientist
3. Beat Neal in the Sage Tower, page showed up in my PC
4. Got key from guy I surfed to east of Greenwood village, opened the house on Western Lake and got the page from the drawer
5. Surfed to the blackbelt guy west/north of the Capital, beat him, and got another page.

Do I need to beat Neal again? Like, the 1st time didn't count and I have to beat him twice after he gets better? Thank you!
If you have finished 5 sidequests already and haven't finished the Magikarp sidequest nor acquired six Pages, you have no reason to go to the Grand Tower anymore (since those two are the remaining sidequests you have left) :)

The last Page is quite tricky to obtain now since you missed it "when you almost had it". Anyway, the last one is in the hideout of the criminals in Cave of Illusions. When you where there (I at least assume you have been there! It's optional actually...), you could have seen the Page laying on the table.

To get to the hideout again from Yellowleaf Town cave entrance map, first go Up, then Left, then Up again, Right and Down.

Where does the current beta end?
I don't know if you have downloaded the hack already or not, but in this hack, you don't collect 8 badges and battle Elite Four, the story is totally different.

I'd say that beta 4 is around 60% complete but already contains as much (or more) gameplay than for example 3rd generation R/S/E do. The final version will be long - maybe a bit longer than I wanted it to be.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 27, 2020
So, I got Beta 4.1, patched it into the ROM, and started playing (I got some graphic errors in the beginning though). After the whole name sequence, it looked like it was going to a cutscene, but instead went to a graphically errored title screen again. Does the ROM have to be Silver (U)? The one I have is just Silver.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 12, 2014
Hello,

I've played Beta 4.0 for a while and did all the sidequests.
Now I would love to play Beta 4.1 but... where can I find it?

Who can help me?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2023
How can i evolve kadabra?

EDIT: done

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2023
I'm missing 1 of the 6 pages for the magical book. Any help?

Back