• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: New Trailer for the Upcoming Pokémon Movie!

Years
Check out this new trailer for the 21st Pokemon movie. What do you think of this so far, guys?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It is a little odd. It doesn't really tell us much of a plot. But maybe because I don't know what they are saying.

Pokemon: Everyone's Story just seems like a really odd name, unless they are trying to reference all the different ages that play pokemon.

The little girl seems to be protecting an unknown pokemon as well, although nothing is shown other than her turning around. I wouldn't be surprised if it is an 8th Gen Pokemon.

And I still can't tell where the movie takes place, as I don't know the town. But I am pretty sure some time has passed and he has possibly aged some in this movie.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
The plot probably has to do with that unknown pokemon hiding behind the girl and Lugia. The hiding pokemon could be a gen 8 pokemon, considering most Alolan legendaries are done already or are too large like Zeraora to hide behind a little girl.

Overall it's starting to look less like movie 2000 copy and paste but we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Thing is that if it happens to be a Generation 8 Pokemon that is being shielded from view, doesn't anyone find it odd that they won't do a movie involving the Generation 7 cast of characters? You know the one the Anime is currently airing Episodes of? Are they so ashamed of their product that they won't even do a movie involving them? Says a lot about the state of the Franchise as far as I'm concerned since every Generation prior to this one has had at least one movie with the current Generation cast.

Generations 1 and 2 had five movies(corresponding with the five seasons and even Tracey was involved in a movie). Generations 3 and 4 both had 4 each while Generations 5 and 6 had 3 each respectively. Generation 7 has yet to have a movie with the current cast of characters.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Thing is that if it happens to be a Generation 8 Pokemon that is being shielded from view, doesn't anyone find it odd that they won't do a movie involving the Generation 7 cast of characters?

Maybe its possible its that, but unlikely. I feel like it may have to do with a lack of story, S/M anime is pretty involved with the legendaries from what I can tell (I've only seen a few episodes). The anime seems be covering Nebby, the cover duo, movie 20 did marshadow, the ultrabeast. Zeraora seems plausible considering Marshadow in movie 21, although that doesnt seem to be gen 8 and too big for that scene.

Really the only S/M movie I can see would be about Necrozma / Ultra Necrozma, maybe even a bit of that place in usum like movie 10 with the reverse world, but idk. Maybe he is being covered in the anime later on as well.

You also have to remember they're celebrating the 20th aniversary. So movie 20 was expected (although they only did a special for 10 years). 21 seems like a bit of a suprise but also maybe a sequel to 20 since they've been celebrating both the 1st and 2nd gens (like the virtual console release of g/s/c).

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Maybe its possible its that, but unlikely. I feel like it may have to do with a lack of story, S/M anime is pretty involved with the legendaries from what I can tell (I've only seen a few episodes). The anime seems be covering Nebby, the cover duo, movie 20 did marshadow, the ultrabeast. Zeraora seems plausible considering Marshadow in movie 21, although that doesnt seem to be gen 8 and too big for that scene.

Really the only S/M movie I can see would be about Necrozma / Ultra Necrozma, maybe even a bit of that place in usum like movie 10 with the reverse world, but idk. Maybe he is being covered in the anime later on as well.

You also have to remember they're celebrating the 20th aniversary. So movie 20 was expected (although they only did a special for 10 years). 21 seems like a bit of a suprise but also maybe a sequel to 20 since they've been celebrating both the 1st and 2nd gens (like the virtual console release of g/s/c).

The reason I bring up the Sun&Moon cast is because they have 6 characters. Coincidentally in Movie 21, they have 6 characters: Ash, Lisa(er spelling? Has the Eevee that much I'm sure of), with Kagachi, Torito, Hisui and Rarugo. Rather than bringing back the 2 characters from Movie 20(which they could have done from what I've read to give them more development), they instead chose to create 5 brand new companions. If Sun&Moon has taught us anything is that it suffers from too many characters syndrome. Yet they not only decided to fall into that same trap again in Movie 21 but with entirely new characters. I understand Movie 20 was for the 20th Anniersary(its special and I get that) but it says a lot when they won't even make a movie around the cast of characters in the Anime.

Maybe they only intend to make one but that's saying alot about Sun&Moon. Even Black&White got 3 movies and its widely considered to be the Black Sheep of the Anime. Based on TPC's actions so far on S&M movies, title of Black Sheep has officially changed in my book.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
The reason I bring up the Sun&Moon cast is because they have 6 characters. Coincidentally in Movie 21, they have 6 characters: Ash, Lisa(er spelling? Has the Eevee that much I'm sure of), with Kagachi, Torito, Hisui and Rarugo. Rather than bringing back the 2 characters from Movie 20(which they could have done from what I've read to give them more development), they instead chose to create 5 brand new companions. If Sun&Moon has taught us anything is that it suffers from too many characters syndrome. Yet they not only decided to fall into that same trap again in Movie 21 but with entirely new characters. I understand Movie 20 was for the 20th Anniersary(its special and I get that) but it says a lot when they won't even make a movie around the cast of characters in the Anime.

Maybe they only intend to make one but that's saying alot about Sun&Moon. Even Black&White got 3 movies and its widely considered to be the Black Sheep of the Anime. Based on TPC's actions so far on S&M movies, title of Black Sheep has officially changed in my book.

Ah, now that you mention it, S&M movies would be cool. I find the cast very entertaining. But, a movie with the movie 20 cast would also be welcomed. Still, the new characters don't seem too bad as of yet, but I do agree that S&M should get a movie. Anyways, I'm still with my hopes up and let's hope they bring a great movie. Animation-wise it's really good so far, as expected.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
A Johto movie with none of the Johto characters (besides the pokemon) with a new cast

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
I like the fact that Legendaries are part of the main story of Pokemon SM anime, unlike before where they where relegated and locked to selling movies.

I really like the separate continuity thing, it helps to keep the Anime and Movies fresh.

Back