• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS] Gen 7 PBS, Scripts, Graphics and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
This project has been discontinued, and is no longer available for download. Please look elsewhere for more complete, functional, intuitive and modern alternatives.

I've made a big pack which so far includes the following:
Spoiler:

Download here.
Please comment ANYTHING I should add or change. This can be an idea or a bug report or something not behaving as it officially should.

For updates, you can either download the whole pack which includes the latest update or download the update version only, which only includes changes you can copy over to your previous version of my pack.

Update 1.1 Changelog & Download:
Spoiler:

Update 1.2 Changelog & Download:
Spoiler:

* Note that I may have messed up copying files from one project to the other, as I run three file maps that I need to have be in "sync": My main game, the SM Pack and the update pack. If you think anything is missing or wrong, please report.

To Do:
Spoiler:

Credits (Credit these people if you use this pack please):
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
You are the best person on this planet.

Thanks! Don't forget, though: Many other people made different parts of this pack. Although I did the most, you should definitely not forget that I'm not the only one. Besides that, many other sources that you may not immediately think of, such as Serebii and Bulbapedia were crucial for information!

Last edited:
Years
Thanks! Don't forget, though: Zeak6464 provided the Audio and a few Icons! Besides that, many other sources that you may not immediately think of, such as Serebii and Bulbapedia were crucial for information!
Of course!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
This is incredible, great work.

But, now I'm having a mistake when I deliver a new Pokémon to the player, either by events, script, or even by Debug, whenever the player receives a new Pokémon I get the following error:

tu0lCZY.png

Do you have any idea what causes this?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
This is incredible, great work.

But, now I'm having a mistake when I deliver a new Pokémon to the player, either by events, script, or even by Debug, whenever the player receives a new Pokémon I get the following error:

tu0lCZY.png

Do you have any idea what causes this?

I don't seem to be having any problems like this. I did get an error that looked somewhat similar when I typo'd LYCANROCN as species that I would like to give to the player, though. Maybe you did the same? I wouldn't know another reason since it all worked all for me.

EDIT: Did you change anything in the pokemon.txt file?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
I don't seem to be having any problems like this. I did get an error that looked somewhat similar when I typo'd LYCANROCN as species that I would like to give to the player, though. Maybe you did the same? I wouldn't know another reason since it all worked all for me.

EDIT: Did you change anything in the pokemon.txt file?

No changes, I added the new Pok?mon only and started getting this error. I made a copy of the project before modifying it and this copy is normal, no error.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
No changes, I added the new Pok?mon only and started getting this error. I made a copy of the project before modifying it and this copy is normal, no error.

Did you compile the PBS data after you imported them?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
Hold CTRL when starting the game from RPG Maker
The error continued.

@M3rein, @Rot8er_ConeX
Anyway, apparently it is a project error only, I made a copy before and I decided to see if the error would occur in the project copy, I made the changes to the PBS files I did in the main, however it is working normal in project copy, I believe That the mistake was something else in that project, but now I can continue working with the copy I made.

Thanks anyway for the help and the files from 7Gen are amazing, really that's a good job.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I have updated the main post because the pack has updated. If you download either the whole pack or just the 1.1 update, you will find the following new:

* Alolan forms along with their sprites, icons, cries and anything related to them.
* All the remaining items that I hadn't included previously (Z-Crystals too!)
* Properly positioned sprites (For this you will need to use the new pokemon.txt file)
* A lot of Gen 7 abilities
* A few new item effects

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
There's no need to define Pyroar in the MultipleForms script since the form difference is gender-based. Female Pokemon sprites are named the following: XXXf.png, XXXfs.png, XXXfb.png, XXXfsb.png, where XXX is national dex number. The only time when gender-based differences are defined in the MultipleForms script is on cases like Meowstic where the male and female have different moveset.
Also, you don't need to define LYCANROCN. You might want to try this evolution tutorial I wrote for that. All I did is define Lycanroc's forms in the MultipleForms script.
Spoiler:

Also, regarding Oricorio: the alternate forms must spawn in different places. Since the secondary type of each form is already Flying by default, there's no need to add the Type2 parameter. This is how I define Oricorio's forms and which places they spawn in the other forms:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
There's no need to define Pyroar in the MultipleForms script since the form difference is gender-based. Female Pokemon sprites are named the following: XXXf.png, XXXfs.png, XXXfb.png, XXXfsb.png, where XXX is national dex number. The only time when gender-based differences are defined in the MultipleForms script is on cases like Meowstic where the male and female have different moveset.
Also, you don't need to define LYCANROCN. You might want to try this evolution tutorial I wrote for that. All I did is define Lycanroc's forms in the MultipleForms script.
Spoiler:

Also, regarding Oricorio: the alternate forms must spawn in different places. Since the secondary type of each form is already Flying by default, there's no need to add the Type2 parameter. This is how I define Oricorio's forms and which places they spawn in the other forms:
Spoiler:

Thanks a lot for your help. As for Lycanroc, I didn't know how to do the evolution as a multipleform method so I went with a whole new pokemon. I didn't actually think about Oricorio's spawn maps, so thanks for pointing that out as well. Since my Pyroar female sprite was missing, I thought I had to define it as a new multipleform. Wasn't aware that that's unnecessary. I'll update it later with some of this stuff in there, alright?

Years
Thanks a lot for your help. As for Lycanroc, I didn't know how to do the evolution as a multipleform method so I went with a whole new pokemon. I didn't actually think about Oricorio's spawn maps, so thanks for pointing that out as well. Since my Pyroar female sprite was missing, I thought I had to define it as a new multipleform. Wasn't aware that that's unnecessary. I'll update it later with some of this stuff in there, alright?

I've pulled it off by changing Rockruff's form based on the time of day/game version, and just making Rockruff's forms look the same so the player doesn't know. Then when Rockruff evolves it keeps whichever form it is in, and that's how Lycanroc works.

Rigbycwts did it by editing the Evolution scripts so that there was a new method called "Lycanroc" that would change the form during evolution based on the time of day/game version.

My way lends itself to being plug-and-play, but his way is probably how Game Freak did it.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I've pulled it off by changing Rockruff's form based on the time of day/game version, and just making Rockruff's forms look the same so the player doesn't know. Then when Rockruff evolves it keeps whichever form it is in, and that's how Lycanroc works.

Rigbycwts did it by editing the Evolution scripts so that there was a new method called "Lycanroc" that would change the form during evolution based on the time of day/game version.

My way lends itself to being plug-and-play, but his way is probably how Game Freak did it.

That's pretty clever as well. I'll test some things later and update this once I get some more content to update. Currently working on longer audio and some other scripts.

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2019
I already managed to make Vulpix's evolution method work on both forms. It's on the Evolution methods thread I made.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I have yet again updated the main post because the pack has updated again. If you download either the whole pack or just the 1.2 update, you will find the following new:

* A few extended audio files, mainly for Battles (In case you don't know how to you FModEx or it doesn't work for you)
* Changed Rockruff -> Lycanroc evolution method with Pokemon_MultipleForms
* Added a lot of new moves and effects
* Made major changes with moves.txt, suggest overwriting

Click here to download the newest update (1.2)

Click here to download the full pack, which is updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back