• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
2nd Update, Rock Challenge on Platinum:
-Headed towards Floroma Town. Lost 3 times to some chick with a Roselia. Realized that Sturdy doesn't act like a Focus Sash in Gen 4. Avoided her.
-Made it to Floroma Town. Kicked some Team Galactic ass there and at the Valley Windworks.
-Made it through Eterna Forest.
-Spent a few hours digging in the Underground looking for a Fossil so I could add another Pokemon to my team. Found a Skull Fossil.
-Ran all the way back to Oreburgh (you can't get a Bike until you deal with Team Galactic in Eterna; can't do that till you beat the Gym; wanted more pokes first). Got a Crainidos
-This is where things got nasty. Went to the Eterna Gym, easily beat all the Gym trainers. So I was feeling pretty good about taking on Gardenia....
-Battling Gardenia was ****ing awful. She beat me down 3 times before I decided to go get a Nosepass from Mt.Coronet. Caught one and evolved it into Probopass.
-Attempted to battle Gardenia again. Still lost to her several times. Decided to go level Probopass a bit, hope that would help.
-Went back to the Gym again. Gardenia was still handing my ass to me. Lost to her several times before a combination of an XSp.Defense, a dozen Super Potions, the AI acting dumber than normal, and a couple of lucky criticals got me the win, FINALLY.
-Man, that was just terrible. And there's still the Fighting and Water gyms to go. :( Hopefully those won't be so bad since by then I'll be lots stronger and be able to grind better and stuff.

Current Badges:

Current Team:
074.png
095.png
387.png

Turtwig is still on the team for the use of Cut.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Username: Lowvyr
Type: Normal
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): LG -> Heart Gold -> Ruby -> Platinum -> White
I don't own X/Y, nor plan to any time soon. I also don't have a 3DS, so I have to leave out X/Y, whether or not it just counts as a bunch of singles, or an ultimate, its what I have to do, sadly. Unless I can find a decent 3DS emulator, and an X/Y rom that won't crash my computer, and is in English. So for now, X/Y are out.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I kinda forgot to post about it like a week ago, but the Christmas event is now over.

I'll be closing this thread on Feb 1st to make way for a new version of the thread following the Gen 6 standard. Any 5th gen Ultimate Monotype challenges need to be finished before then to be counted. After that the other thread will only accept people who complete games from all 6 generations into the Ultimate Champions. Gen 5 listings will remain on this thread and will be linked to in the new thread for recognition. You will be allowed to continue any existing runs in the new thread without issue. I will change a few of the standards as well since this is a new version of the thread. Previously I based it on the standards that were already in place, but as we are entering a new time I think a couple of adjustments won't be a problem, especially since I am preserving previous champs separately.

The most significant and obvious change will be that Black and White's ending point will be adjusted to defeating Ghetsis, not Alder. I always believed that the point where the credits roll should be the ending point in any game. I won't be changing Johto because there are at least gyms to fight in the post game for those games. Black and White have virtually no post game to speak of. This is fair warning about the change. DO NOT try to convince me not to make the change. The new thread will be a fresh start and will truly be mine, so I set the rules. No previous Champs work will be invalidated by the change because it was done at a different time in a different thread.

I will be updating the thread regularly throughout the month to minimize my work at the time of closing, so don't worry, everyone's progress will be shown. I look forward to seeing you all on the other side. Good luck!

Last edited:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
I don't think I've added 6th gen games (I don't keep track anymore lol) to my ultimate challenges, so if I haven't, I want to add X to Normal, and Y to both Ghost and Ice.

And I already started Normal on X, my current team is Bunnelby, Pidgey, and Litleo, all level 14.
40px-Bug_Badge.png

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Username: [Supporter]Necrum Warrior[/Supporter]
Type: Normal
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): White (Add more later)

With the failure of my White version Nuzlocke, I decided to do a Normal Monotype instead. A lot of pretty cool Normal types in White.

BaroNight

Chaos Incarnate
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
So I wasn't able to update for nearly a year and a half. Sorry folks. -_-

Anyway, is my challenge still legit?

P.S. The Platinum part was already complete. I was already playing in White when I stopped. Will post some pics later.

P.P.S. My pics were corrupted. Just acquired some new pics but they were only hall of fame pics.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 26, 2018
I know I have to finish my ultimate ground run... I'm just so tired of Kanto. Is it alright if I start the Johto leg before I finish Kanto? I will finish Kanto as well

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
So I wasn't able to update for nearly a year and a half. Sorry folks. -_-

Anyway, is my challenge still legit?

P.S. The Platinum part was already complete. I was already playing in White when I stopped. Will post some pics later.

P.P.S. My pics were corrupted. Just acquired some new pics but they were only hall of fame pics.

Spoiler:
Your name is still on the list of players. I never remove anyone who made progress.
Username: Slaying Moon
Type: Dragon
Challenge: Single
Game: Blaze Black 2

I might actually do this and a solo challenge at the same time (i.e. Solo Garchomp).
My rules require your team have at least 2 Pokemon in it.

BaroNight

Chaos Incarnate
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 18, 2014
Your name is still on the list of players. I never remove anyone who made progress.

Thanks!

I'll be continuing this quest. I am already in White, already finished with N and Ghetsis. Just scouring the eastern part of Unova, then it's Alder's time to fall (again). Updates will start..next week, I think. I'll just finish first some cumbersome RL assignments.

Is it ok if there's no Kalos part? I don't have a 3DS yet and I'm just playing through emulators.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
For anyone who missed it, there's important info here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8027931&postcount=2843

Thanks!

I'll be continuing this quest. I am already in White, already finished with N and Ghetsis. Just scouring the eastern part of Unova, then it's Alder's time to fall (again). Updates will start..next week, I think. I'll just finish first some cumbersome RL assignments.

Is it ok if there's no Kalos part? I don't have a 3DS yet and I'm just playing through emulators.
If you finish before the end of this month then you will be counted as a champion without 6th gen.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Normal UMC - White - Update 1
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Thread updated through Post #2853
EDIT: I have a quick question regarding an Electric monotype on Platinum. Would it be allowed to hack in the key to get access to Rotom's forms?
No, sorry.
I know I have to finish my ultimate ground run... I'm just so tired of Kanto. Is it alright if I start the Johto leg before I finish Kanto? I will finish Kanto as well
There's no requirement for what order you play in so go ahead.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
You don't have to ask. Signing up is all you have to do before you start. I did add you to the list earlier today if you were wondering.

D3M0NIX

|Dead things go bump in the night|
Years
oh ok, well i'll get started tomarrow then. =D

Update from CrystalDust

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ultimate Normal Monotype Challenge: White Version
1/8

I caught a Lillipup, one of my favorite Unova Pokemon, and a Patrat, one of my most hated Unova Pokemon, before battling N. He was a piece of cake considering all he had was a Purrloin. I later was caught off guard once again by Bianca, who I am never expecting on Route 2 when I need to heal and I hate it every time. I did manage to beat her though. After that I cleared out Dream Yard to maximize my level before beating Cheren. Chili was my Gym leader since I chose Snivy for my rival to have a Fighting type. Chili wasn't much issue. After that, I was waiting for someone to post, so I progressed further and did the Team Plasma quests, and caught a Pidove. I am currently in Nacrene City, getting ready for N round 2.

Team:
Spoiler:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
3rd Update, Rock Challenge on Platinum:
-dealt with Team Galactic in Eterna City
-got a bike
-went down Cycling Road, beat some trainers, explored the part of Wayward Cave that doesn't require Flash
-Geodude evolved
-Cut through Mt.Coronet, made it to Hearthome City
-Entered a contest because I haven't done one of those in years (I won)
-Cleared the Hearthome Gym and defeated Fantina. This gym wasn't bad. Most of it consisted of spamming Cranidos's Pursuit and using Probopass. But up next is the Fighting and Water gyms. Hope those aren't as bad as the Grass gym was.
-beat my rival
-Made it to Solaceon Town, got the HM for Defog from the Ruins
-entered Lost Tower

Current Badges:

Current Team:
075.png
095.png
408.png
476.png

D3M0NIX

|Dead things go bump in the night|
Years