• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Madoka and Clannad are 2 of the great modern anime melodramas (dirty word for anime fans but it shoudn't be). Even though the content is vastly different I would imagine they share a lot of the same fans. I like both but I probably did see Clannad at the right time, before I became a cynical prick.

pkmin3033

...several years too late for me to see it then, haha.

I don't think melodrama should be a dirty word for anime fans, as it can make for a damn good watch if it's done right. Or if it's played for laughs and doesn't even try to convey the emotion it's "supposed" to because how ridiculous it is. Senseless suffering for the sake of it is often what constitutes melodrama though, because good writing is mostly extinct, so it's none too surprising...

Years
latest heroaca ep was cool.

actual footage from episode.
DFhMXgL.gif

om sai

~Future's best animator~
Years
Can anyone suggest me any comedy animes ? like squid girl, hyate the combat butler etc.. ? please :)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
ACCA seems like a slow starter. I guess I'll hang around for a few more episodes for it.

While Dragon Maid... omigoshwhydidinotwatchitwhenitcameon! I can see why this dragon meme is a thing... it's just so good and nicely funny. Looks like I'm going to be hogging the TV a bit...

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
God has this season been baller so far. Boruto has started and feels like Part 1, The Madman arises in MHA Season 2, Gohan is going to make the other universes bow down to his glorious might, and Volley Ball has never been more hype. Now that shonen is back to its former glory, they need to get working on some good mecha stuff, its been far too long and Iron Blood orphans isn't doing much for me.

Years
Kanon was pretty good.

Reminder that the Uguunator app actually exists and will randomly play any of Ayu's 86 different variations of Uguu on loop while the app is running.

God has this season been baller so far. Boruto has started and feels like Part 1, The Madman arises in MHA Season 2, Gohan is going to make the other universes bow down to his glorious might, and Volley Ball has never been more hype. Now that shonen is back to its former glory, they need to get working on some good mecha stuff, its been far too long and Iron Blood orphans isn't doing much for me.

The mecha golden age has long since passed and probably won't be back any time soon.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I cannot get the OP and ED of Dragon Maid out of my head. Someone send help... or not. Got to the sixth episode now and also went to the fourth episode of ACCA.

Heh, chasing anime from last season... I guess I chose the right first-starters after having enough JoJo. Now I do also wonder what other stuff I could check out...

At least I won't need to worry about anything other than mobile data usage while out of Wi-Fi. It's pretty convenient to just stream straight into a phone...

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Now that shonen is back to its former glory
Back to its former glory? When did it ever lose its luster?

Shonen's been around and going about as strong as it ever has for a while now, but I couldn't well say that this season is really all that strong of an example of it. Machiavellianism is looking like it's trying to be copy its Kill la Kill-senpai, Hero Academia and Bort are around but, at least for the latter, the jury's still out, and as far as Super's progressing I'm still worried about how it'll handle actually utilizing all of these characters.

And that's...not much, really. Are there others? I think Re:Creators might count but I can't say much for that one yet.

...I wrote this two days ago. Looooooooooooooooooooove it when you don't press send.

Years
I cannot get the OP and ED of Dragon Maid out of my head. Someone send help... or not. Got to the sixth episode now and also went to the fourth episode of ACCA.

Heh, chasing anime from last season... I guess I chose the right first-starters after having enough JoJo. Now I do also wonder what other stuff I could check out...

At least I won't need to worry about anything other than mobile data usage while out of Wi-Fi. It's pretty convenient to just stream straight into a phone...

Phone streaming is crazy convenient.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Phone streaming is crazy convenient.
Yes but fidelity.

I mean, it's one thing to watch a show because you want to get it out of the way, but I don't know how easy it'd be to really sell me on a powerful moment or plot twist or what have you on a phone.

Or maybe it's just me. I can understand the idea but I definitely think that environment plays a large part in the enjoyment of anime- or any medium really.

pkmin3033

I can see myself streaming anime on my phone if I had a good phone, streaming services were worth the money, and I was out and about a lot, but it definitely wouldn't be my preferred method of viewing regardless. Need a larger screen, a more stable connection than a phone can provide (not that I have one of those right now...) and privacy, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back