• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2010
3dbattle.jpg

Okay, in motion it looks better.
I'm currently making the battle engine and decided to release a demo when I'm done with it.
This is a 'placeholder' stadium: a transparent ground with a pokeball symbol inside and it's in the sky, lol

Last edited:

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
5/10 it looks to similar to littleroot, unless it is littleroot town.

The trees are good, the town needs a footpath, dirt or concrete would do.
i would move the flowers from the middle, because its right in the middle of the town,
so people would be walking all over them, especially with no footpath,
I would move them a little south east.
and put a sign near it, saying the town name, or something.

adjust the mountain/hill where the building stands on, and add some boulders to mix it up, that should make it look good.

Thanks for the tips and it is Little Root Town. I agree that is does need a foot path. I can't believe I forgot the sign for the town name... I also agree that some boulders will make it look better. should have a better version soon.

I hope that's a deliberate extension of Littleroot and not an attempt at making a completely different map using RSE tiles.

Anyway, there is too much open space. Close it up!
It is supposed to be little root town. I agree that it is a bit empty. I may make it smaller so it looks less empty then add sopme details from above.

Heres some of mine, It uses second generation graphics for a reason, its ment to have a retro feel, It's made with RPGmaker 2003. the transparent [e]'s mean Event, like trainer, item ball, cutting tree, teleport etc.

Academy Garden. Sort of a garden/park, squirtles run wild, The academy that the garden belongs to is to the south, a route is to the north.
Spoiler:

Brevis town (misspelled on the pic, brevis means small is latin)
Just a junction town, north is situs mountain, south is route 2, east is Arbor Forest (arbor means wood in latin :P)
Spoiler:

EDIT: heres an alternative version. The 2x2 rocks have their proper floor terrain, which one do you think is better, I like the "Fauly" version for some reason.
alternative version.
Spoiler:

Route 2. nothing special. north is brevis town.
Spoiler:

They all look really nice. On teh first picture, I don't think those the red building go so well withthe rest of the tiles.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
This is some map I made using Alistair's new tiles.

capture000.bmp.png

capture001.bmp.png

New game?
Graphic Change?
Mystery...O_O

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
A town map in my first game I am currently making. I have it on the thread, but I think I'll get more opinions here!

AzulTown.jpg

Tileset credit:
Kyledove
Newtiteuf

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
You've used Kyletrees and ripped HGSS trees here.. they don't blend together very well. And.. dude. Way too much flowers :| Maybe replace the flowers with a path of sandy dirt? Next to that, nice layout. Though I'm not such a big fan of the older Kyletiles, way too dull if you ask me.. Maybe use his newer ones instead?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
A town map in my first game I am currently making. I have it on the thread, but I think I'll get more opinions here!

AzulTown.jpg

Tileset credit:
Kyledove
Newtiteuf

Not a very attractive map, I'm sorry to say. The paths leading out of the town are far too large, and there are way too many flowers clustered together throughout the town. You definitely need a clearly defined path in this town, and to stick with only one variety of tree.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Hey all, just want to show a side project I'm working and only just started a couple of days ago so go easy on me lol. A heads up on the player sprite; when it attacks it over lays the traget(though I had bad timing in the screenshot :P)
mdshot.png

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Not a very attractive map, I'm sorry to say. The paths leading out of the town are far too large, and there are way too many flowers clustered together throughout the town. You definitely need a clearly defined path in this town, and to stick with only one variety of tree.

The entire town uses a set of small flowers for it's pathway(It's a creative, yet original way of showing off my skills.)The town itself has a rich and varying soil.Excuse the entrance paths, as they are no longer part of this map. I'm hoping the players may understand simple things like these that make a map original. Thanks for your opinion, though. I'll try to incorporate these, if I can...

Here is another map.

NewBitmapImage-3.jpg

Before you say it, yes, I am aware that the rock of choice isn't good with the grass on top.That is why this map can be dubbed "unfinished".The new HG SS tiles contain a great fix for this. I want a constructive opinion on the concept. I'll try to get the new version on soon.The idea is to show off my region's lush geography.The next route is also rocky. The location is at the base of an inactive volcano.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
Besides mixing Kyledove trees with HGSS trees, I actually really like your first map.
This one is very nice too, and I am thinking it would look even better if the rocks were replaced with green mossed over rock tiles or some such.

It seems most people here can't appreciate a good map unless it's "cookie-cutter" perfect, but I like the originality, especially the flower path. It's something they would have done in GSC or RSE if you ask me. Good Job. :)

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Besides mixing Kyledove trees with HGSS trees, I actually really like your first map.
This one is very nice too, and I am thinking it would look even better if the rocks were replaced with green mossed over rock tiles or some such.

It seems most people here can't appreciate a good map unless it's "cookie-cutter" perfect, but I like the originality, especially the flower path. It's something they would have done in GSC or RSE if you ask me. Good Job. :)

Thank you! When it comes to maps, no empty spaces are aloud. I try hard to create the most original idea to fill them in. I am new, with this being my first game and all, so when I read feedback such as yours, I'm inspired to continue to work harder. I'll see what I can do about the rocks. Thanks again.:classic:

The Dewitty

Years
pkmn.jpg

It's not final...but oh well. It's Cobalt Island, the starting town or isle.
The white bit is a runway....

The runway's very original. Though, the map looks a bit dull to me. What about adding an extra house or some different trees?

Now it's time for my screenshot which I'm going to leak personally.
The screenshot comes from my game: Pokémon, Legend of the Moon Goddess, which will have a showcase thread at the end of March. This is taken in Harbor City, the hometown of the protagonist.
14l27p5.png

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Is that the 4th gen 3d effect..?
If you've got that working on rmxp, this'll be the most popular game on here!

Apart from that, it needs better borders in my opinion, even if that would mess with the 3dness.

The Dewitty

Years
Is that the 4th gen 3d effect..?
If you've got that working on rmxp, this'll be the most popular game on here!

Apart from that, it needs better borders in my opinion, even if that would mess with the 3dness.

It's just Essentials' Perspective mode. And what kind of borders do you mean?

Hmmm I like the 3d but the buildings look a bit strange...
How do you mean strange? I can't give them outlines, it just messes them up.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
It's just Essentials' Perspective mode. And what kind of borders do you mean?
Got to check that feature out.
And I mean like around the building and a few other things, it just looks a bit too like the main games, which isn't always a good things.
I can see you're getting inspiration from Pokemon Jade version, butit just seems to work better in there than this.

The Dewitty

Years
Got to check that feature out.
And I mean like around the building and a few other things, it just looks a bit too like the main games, which isn't always a good things.
I can see you're getting inspiration from Pokemon Jade version, butit just seems to work better in there than this.

I'm not getting inspired by Pokémon Jade. I've had this for much longer, it's just I've never released it to the public. And why isn't it good it looks a bit like the official games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back