• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Can i still connect to the DW if I restart my game after I already connected with the DW?

@_@

Nope, unless you have the opposite game (if you have White, then Black, and vice versa) since it's one game account to one Dream World account. So basically, if you have Black too, your Black version would connect to that Dream World account, but your White version no longer can. You can make a new Dream World account, though and it'll connect fine.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022

Nope, unless you have the opposite game (if you have White, then Black, and vice versa) since it's one game account to one Dream World account. So basically, if you have Black too, your Black version would connect to that Dream World account, but your White version no longer can. You can make a new Dream World account, though and it'll connect fine.
Wait, wait. So the Game Sync ID would change? I can't just remove the one on my Global Link acc and replace it with a different one? D':

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Wait, wait. So the Game Sync ID would change? I can't just remove the one on my Global Link acc and replace it with a different one? D':

Nah it won't let you replace it :( It's a stupid system, but hey at least it lets you input the game sync ID of the other version but that isn't really good enough.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
You can use the same account but you do lose all of your Dream Points and such, unfortunately.

Edit: wow I'm slow. But the PGL help database says that you can request for them to delete your Game Sync ID and register a new one, but you lose your history.

Unfortunately, while it is possible to delete the original Game Sync ID, you cannot link the original Pokémon Global Link (PGL) user history to the newly issued Game Sync ID.

In order to delete your Game Sync ID, we would need to confirm your registration. Please provide the following information by submitting a question at support.pokemon.com:
- Trainer Club account username
- PGL nickname
- Registered DOB, starting with the year
- The country you live in
- Current Game Card in use
- Currently registered Game Sync ID

When deletion of the registered Game Sync ID is completed, we will reply to your question. Then please register your new Game Sync ID.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022

Nah it won't let you replace it :( It's a stupid system, but hey at least it lets you input the game sync ID of the other version but that isn't really good enough.
But I can never access it on my White game. I always get a bunch of penalties for changing my DS clock so much. =[ I guess I'll just make a new acc. Thank you!

You can use the same account but you do lose all of your Dream Points and such, unfortunately.
How would I be able to use the same account? :O

Last edited:

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
my question still hasn't been answered waited two days now....

ok I signed up for Pokemon GL... tucked in a Pokemon.... now what? what do I do next? how do I start playing?
Go to the Global Link site and log in. After you've logged in, make sure it says you have a Pokemon tucked in and that you can play. Next, click on the DW icon. From there you should see a message from Fennel and she will take you into the DW. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's to the far right, towards the bottom on the Global Link screen.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
I live in England, just wondering on how to obtain the event mamoswine......do i just search in mystery gift? :L

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
To get the event mamopswine in europe you must enter the password MAMNintendoOfficial on the pokemon global link and then transfer it into your entree forest and capture it.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
How do I enter the password on gts, do i talk to that woman in the pokecentre

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
Ive already got an account on PGL but do i put the code and i have to wait 7 hours to into dream world....

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2011
thank you but now ive got a problem with the global link, when i try to get into dream world last night, it had a loading symbol now the screen is blank and i left it like that for an hour or so. Now when i try clicking on promotions all what happens is that it takes me to the promotion page but the screen is also all blank.

I looked at the system requirements and i either have the same or higher and ive tried internet explorer and google chrome.

How can i fix this problem? :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2011
Why wont my chansey evolve?

i got my chansey from my mates heart gold and i have given it a soothe bell and i have given it a massage and the lady in nacrene city said its happiness is maxed out, i levelled it up and nothing happened?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
i got my chansey from my mates heart gold and i have given it a soothe bell and i have given it a massage and the lady in nacrene city said its happiness is maxed out, i levelled it up and nothing happened?

First off, exactly what did the lady in Nacrene say?

And, for starters, if you trade Pokemon, the traded Pokemon's happiness is reset to their original value. So you'll have to do things like battling, massaging and giving vitamins to raise Chansey's happiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back