Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon Alola, and welcome to the Alola region, Trainer! This is the forum for the first games of the seventh generation, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon! Are you Team Rowlet, Litten, or Popplio? Do you prefer Solgaleo or Lunala? How do you feel about Alola forms? Talk about those and more here!

Draconius GO
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 12th, 2017 (11:50 AM).
GamerFlame718's Avatar
GamerFlame718 GamerFlame718 is offline
Breeder & Hunter
     
    Join Date: Apr 2015
    Age: 16
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 120
    I'm looking at the trade shops on these forums and I'm seeing all these shops with tons of shinies, rareballs, egg moves, and hidden abilities. Is there a convenient way to collect a lot of these rare pokemon or should i just try roughing it and/or spamming wonder trade?
    __________________
    My Pokémon Moon Team
    3DS Friend Code: 0920-4952-1966 | GamerFlame718's PokéRanch
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old September 12th, 2017 (12:21 PM).
    Nah's Avatar
    Nah Nah is offline
    • Moderator
     
    Join Date: Nov 2013
    Location: over there
    Age: 25
    Gender: Female
    Posts: 11,753
    A lot of people just have been at it long enough to build up a collection of valuable things.

    I'm sure that the people of the Trade Corner would be willing to help you get started. From there on out, ya just keep breeding and trading until you've amassed your own stock of good stuff.
    __________________
    NAH

    "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

    D&D6th Gen
    Reply With Quote
      #3    
    Old September 12th, 2017 (9:15 PM).
    Altairis's Avatar
    Altairis Altairis is offline
    take me ☆ take you
       
      Join Date: Jun 2012
      Location: database database
      Gender: Female
      Nature: Modest
      Posts: 5,179
      Find one thing that's valuable that you can obtain and trade up from there.

      When I was 12 years old I traded away a Ranger Manaphy for one shiny, and from there I kept trading until I got about 4-5 boxes of shinies and 3 boxes of events. In most communities cloning is allowed, so with each trade you make you get 1 more mon in your collection (you aren't swapping one out for another).

      Nowadays people are more picky about what they value, since a random shiny isn't the rarest thing in the world now, but the principle is still the same. You just have to find something you can do and work your way to what you want. I know a few people who would trade shinies for Pokemon bred in specific Pokeballs (shiny for nonshiny), so you just have to find people who are like that.

      Alternatively, you can learn methods to get the rare Pokemon you want yourself. Gen 4 and 5 RNG is not that hard, doesn't require any external devices, and there are plenty of guides and people available to help you, and from learning this you can get any Pokemon in HGSS/BW/B2W2 shiny and with any IVs you want. It is also possible to reliably and legitimately hatch shiny Pokemon in Sun and Moon, and it's even easier if you have access to a hacked 3DS.
      __________________

      ORAS/XYBW
      Reply With Quote
        #4    
      Old September 13th, 2017 (5:26 AM).
      neoshai's Avatar
      neoshai neoshai is offline
         
        Join Date: Mar 2017
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 87
        AR, powersaves, pokehex, etc ...
        I might be speaking out line here but whenever I see people with a huge amount of what you call "rare" collection, that is the first thing that pops to mind, not: "oh, they probably spent a lot of time getting those".

        Tho I gotta say, I do have a love ball, Gardevoir with telepathy ... which kind of became useless after mega evolution cuz now she's my mega and telepathy is kind of wasted on that. Still nice to have XD
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #5    
        Old September 13th, 2017 (1:00 PM).
        Mikazuki's Avatar
        Mikazuki Mikazuki is offline
        "Someday, I will..."
           
          Join Date: Apr 2013
          Location: Michigan, USA
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Adamant
          Posts: 373
          ^ salty, there are people who have been on this forum for years. Who've worked with the trade community here and on other forums not only for their own gain but to increase the availability to others. Just because people have large quantities of valuable things that you don't doesn't mean they cheated to get them. Sometimes they just work harder and smarter.
          __________________
          3DS Friend Code: 3067-9038-9223
          Mikazuki's Shop
          Mikazuki's Trader Review
          Reply With Quote
            #6    
          Old September 13th, 2017 (3:42 PM).
          Altairis's Avatar
          Altairis Altairis is offline
          take me ☆ take you
             
            Join Date: Jun 2012
            Location: database database
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Modest
            Posts: 5,179
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by neoshai View Post
            AR, powersaves, pokehex, etc ...
            I might be speaking out line here but whenever I see people with a huge amount of what you call "rare" collection, that is the first thing that pops to mind, not: "oh, they probably spent a lot of time getting those".

            Tho I gotta say, I do have a love ball, Gardevoir with telepathy ... which kind of became useless after mega evolution cuz now she's my mega and telepathy is kind of wasted on that. Still nice to have XD
            Like I said in my other post, gen 4-5 RNG is actually not that hard at all. If you tried instead of assuming you could have a large 6IV shiny collection too. Plus once you set up gen 7 egg RNG it can take minutes to get what you want, including shinies.

            In 2008, maybe it was alright to assume, but it's soo easy to get this stuff now.
            __________________

            ORAS/XYBW
            Reply With Quote
              #7    
            Old September 13th, 2017 (3:52 PM). Edited September 14th, 2017 by Blue.
            neoshai's Avatar
            neoshai neoshai is offline
               
              Join Date: Mar 2017
              Age: 23
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 87
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Altairis View Post
              Like I said in my other post, gen 4-5 RNG is actually not that hard at all. If you tried instead of assuming you could have a large 6IV shiny collection too. Plus once you set up gen 7 egg RNG it can take minutes to get what you want, including shinies.

              In 2008, maybe it was alright to assume, but it's soo easy to get this stuff now.

              Tbh I gave away a lot of shinies I got, deleted the rest I still had transferred along to my SuMo and replaced those by normals. Shinies I encounter now I either run or beat them.
              I honestly don't like shinies. Getting 6IV's is easy, yes. But still shinies aren't something that just falls in your lap, yeah, it's a bit easier to get them but if I go into a random battle online and every single thing I see is shiny .... I think assuming is the correct thing to do. Not to forget the amount of competitive players, tournament goers who have openly shared the fact that they hack their pokémon in, that they "do not have time to breed/soft reset to get their wanted pokémon".

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mikazuki View Post
              ^ salty, there are people who have been on this forum for years. Who've worked with the trade community here and on other forums not only for their own gain but to increase the availability to others. Just because people have large quantities of valuable things that you don't doesn't mean they cheated to get them. Sometimes they just work harder and smarter.
              Didn't even see this comment before that was aimed at me ...
              I'm not salty, I'd say more annoyed ...
              Tbh the title itself spoke to me cuz I had no idea what the OP meant with "rare collection" (in-game at least). I play the game for fun and never really stood still by collecting "rare" pokémon.
              I gave away any shinies I got cuz I don't like them, as said before, I deleted the few that remained and got transferred through to my moon. My "collection" or should I say my pokedex comes from quite a few games away and the only thing I care about (in most cases) is that all of the pokémon I own have my OT.
              I've been using the same name, the name I use on here, ever since my first game which was blue.
              Some of my pokémon even come or should I say came from my first game, transferred through a whole process of my games, friends games, different gameboy/ds systems and eventually transporter and pokebank.
              I own every single pokémon and all pokémon I want perfect are bred perfectly.
              There's nothing for me to be salty about, I'm just saying it how I see it. And I think if you were in my shoes you'd say the same ... the amount of impossible things I've seen while battling randos online is insane.
              From impossible moves, abilities, etc on pokémon, up until the latest game SuMo where people are using multiple Z moves.
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #8    
              Old September 14th, 2017 (2:24 AM).
              Altairis's Avatar
              Altairis Altairis is offline
              take me ☆ take you
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2012
                Location: database database
                Gender: Female
                Nature: Modest
                Posts: 5,179
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by neoshai View Post
                Tbh I gave away a lot of shinies I got, deleted the rest I still had transferred along to my SuMo and replaced those by normals. Shinies I encounter now I either run or beat them.
                I honestly don't like shinies. Getting 6IV's is easy, yes. But still shinies aren't something that just falls in your lap, yeah, it's a bit easier to get them but if I go into a random battle online and every single thing I see is shiny .... I think assuming is the correct thing to do. Not to forget the amount of competitive players, tournament goers who have openly shared the fact that they hack their pokémon in, that they "do not have time to breed/soft reset to get their wanted pokémon".
                I apologize if my post came off as mean, I didn't mean to! But I think the trade shop community is way different than the random battling/twitter competitive players. Most people wouldn't trade something they didn't obtain legitimately (though PC, serebii, and mariland allows random shinies without a known origin to be traded... so I guess idk haha).

                But you do bring up a good point with the random players and of course the twitter people. I honestly don't play on Battle Spot often so I didn't even think of it!
                __________________

                ORAS/XYBW
                Reply With Quote
                  #9    
                Old September 14th, 2017 (4:41 AM).
                neoshai's Avatar
                neoshai neoshai is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2017
                  Age: 23
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 87
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Altairis View Post
                  I apologize if my post came off as mean, I didn't mean to! But I think the trade shop community is way different than the random battling/twitter competitive players. Most people wouldn't trade something they didn't obtain legitimately (though PC, serebii, and mariland allows random shinies without a known origin to be traded... so I guess idk haha).

                  But you do bring up a good point with the random players and of course the twitter people. I honestly don't play on Battle Spot often so I didn't even think of it!

                  Let's be honest, my post didn't come over that well either.
                  Thing is that my experience with randoms online hasn't been that great.
                  I've come across a lot of things, some things obviously impossible and while these are sometimes funny, it's still annoying. The legit checks changed a lot over the years but even so I've come across people that had pokémon with only Z-moves, without even holding a Z-stone >.>
                  I wasn't talking about people on here, I assume that people here who are looking for specific pokémon and willing to trade their own for it are most likely legit players ... considering they're looking for something.
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #10    
                  Old September 15th, 2017 (6:30 AM).
                  Denrew's Avatar
                  Denrew Denrew is offline
                  Pokémon Trainer
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2016
                    Location: Philippines
                    Age: 29
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Modest
                    Posts: 422
                    I started collecting for event Pokémon last year, the same year in which I just started playing
                    Pokémon after how many years of being inactive (I believe my last game was Gold and Silver
                    then the rest were just emulators just to satisfy my crave to play other gens). Like what Nah
                    said, there are people from Trade Corner whom you can ask for help to start your collection.
                    In fact, most of the rare event Pokémon I have came from here, you just need to be patient
                    and honest with all your transactions. Compared to older gens, trading in Pokémon today is
                    more accessible!

                    Being part of this forums is already your first step to make your plan possible. Motivation and
                    hard work will make it come true. If you don't do it half-heartedly, then I'm sure you'll reach your
                    goal in no time. I'm really glad finding this forums, it really helps my event collection to improve!
                    __________________
                    Trade Shop • Denrew's Event Market Trade • Discord ID Tag • Denrew#2907 •
                    Reply With Quote
                    Reply

                    Quick Reply

                    Join the conversation!

                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                    Sponsored Links
                    Thread Tools

                    Posting Rules
                    You may not post new threads
                    You may not post replies
                    You may not post attachments
                    You may not edit your posts

                    BB code is On
                    Smilies are On
                    [IMG] code is On
                    HTML code is Off

                    Forum Jump


                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 9:47 AM.