Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

TrollandToad.com

Old September 13th, 2017 (8:58 AM).
Empro

Nature: Gentle
    Even after years of improvements to the games, graphics the games are stunning but 4th gen is still my favorite for Pokemon and the story line! I really want a remake but I doubt it will ever happen.

To this day Empoleon was my favorite back when I started my first Diamond play through of Diamond, and now hes my mascot on my YouTube channel XD.

Anyway lets start a discussion about Diamond, Pearl, and even Platinum if you want!

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 24th, 2017 (1:06 AM).

I actually made a rom hack for ORAS which turns all the wild pokemon, trainers gyms etc. into ones from sinnoh check it out here: https://gbatemp.net/conversations/hello.316236/#message-1071623

BTW I know this is shameless self-promotion but it just seemed fitting since you were talking about sinnoh remakes
      Old September 29th, 2017 (7:05 AM). Edited September 29th, 2017 by colours.
      Like a rhythm to the sea
      • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by EmpoleonGames View Post
      I really want a remake but I doubt it will ever happen.
      Why the pessimism? Although I totally get the argument that fourth gen games are perfectly playable, but copies of them are ridiculously hard to find outside of second-hand game stores. The games also feel somewhat outdated in terms of features and other things, so why not bring Gen IV to the more modern world with a remake?

Most people (to my knowledge) are expecting Gen IV remakes on the Switch anyway; if history has been any guide. Usually remakes tend to be released on different consoles, but it's all up in the air depending on the demand for it and whether or not Game Freak feels like it'd be worth it.

I'll be chasing waterfalls tonight

Old September 29th, 2017 (7:45 PM).
      Skippity hop, skippity HAWP!

Nature: Gentle
        What about Platinum?

That one will always be my favorite, I spent the most time there. It's also where I (finally) learned about EV training/IV breeding, before that I was getting completely pwned in competitive battling. XD

Cutewarez Family: OPTIMUM == $ophia == DARIA == vira == sara == ira == sira == LEA2 == :3
        Old September 30th, 2017 (3:33 AM).
        Resident Brony

Nature: Calm
          platinum was, and still is fantastic if flawed, d/p is imo too flawed, slow, unbalanced and a mediocre roster of pokemon hamper what is otherwise a great region with a great story. don't get me wrong i'll go back and play diamond from time to time and in fact if not for how slooooooooow it is i would actually prefer diamond over plat, but plat is the better game.
          Old October 4th, 2017 (2:36 AM).

I have never played. starting on weekend can not wait. any tips for platinum good early pokemon etc?

Quick Reply