Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

TrollandToad.com

Old 2 Weeks Ago (5:50 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dragonAB View Post
    Nah they won't keep anyone without Z Moves. Ash will be main focus then Kiawe. The rest of them will have at least 1/2 Z Crystals.
    Can't get Z-Crystals until they get a Z-Ring. Furthermore, which Crystals would Mallow and Sophocles get if Ash already has the Grass and Electric ones in his possession? Unless Ash gets a Fire one for Litten(which Kiawe already has), its unlikely Mallow and Sophocles are going to get Z-Crystals. Its why when Episode 2 rolled around(and further reinforced after Episode 10), a reviewer basically said that the writers pretty much removed the purpose of Sophocles(and same thing happened to Mallow not that long ago when Ash got the Grassium-Z).

While I do think the writers want to promote Alola Pokemon with the companions, the Alola Pokedex does have alot of Kanto Pokemon on it and I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility that during this visit to Kanto that the gang captures a few Kanto Pokemon(notably the female companions who are behind in the Pokemon count). Therefore I wouldn't be surprised to see Lillie potentially getting a Clefairy or Eevee, Mallow a grass type like Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume(heck maybe even Bulbasaur) and Lana a Water Type(say Squirtle or a type that can move around on land like Popplio(Poliwag or Staryu are possibilities)).

I also wouldn't be surprised if Kiawe and Sophocles also catch a Pokemon. Kiawe would likely catch a Ponyta/Rapidash or Growlithe/Arcanine(already has Charizard) and I doubt he'd get Vulpix. Not too many Electric types to choose from for Sophocles but Raichu and Magnemite are all but it if he was to get one.

Anyways, 5 days and counting. Anyone want to take a guess as to what the Episode rating will be? I estimate at least a 10 for this one.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:51 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by dragonAB.

Nature: Calm
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
      Can't get Z-Crystals until they get a Z-Ring. Furthermore, which Crystals would Mallow and Sophocles get if Ash already has the Grass and Electric ones in his possession? Unless Ash gets a Fire one for Litten(which Kiawe already has), its unlikely Mallow and Sophocles are going to get Z-Crystals. Its why when Episode 2 rolled around(and further reinforced after Episode 10), a reviewer basically said that the writers pretty much removed the purpose of Sophocles(and same thing happened to Mallow not that long ago when Ash got the Grassium-Z).
      Mallow and Sophocles do not have mush importance in the anime but keeping them without a Z Crystal for an entire series is kind of odd. May be not soon but until the end they should get one. If they are to get a Z Crystal then they will get the Z Ring just 1 or 2 epiosdes prior (same as Lana). It may be a case that the writers do not want to repeat the Z Crystals. So if they have double typing Pokemon they they can get Z Crystal ( Sophocles has steel, bug typing and also can have flying if Chargabug evolves).
      Old 2 Weeks Ago (9:50 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by dragonAB.

Quote:
        Anyways, 5 days and counting. Anyone want to take a guess as to what the Episode rating will be? I estimate at least a 10 for this one.
        Ya it can easily achieve 10 rating all thanks to Brock Misty and some of the old Pokemons that we miss a lot.
        Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:52 AM).
        Banned

Nature: Lonely
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by dragonAB View Post
          Nah they won't keep anyone without Z Moves. Ash will be main focus then Kiawe. The rest of them will have at least 1/2 Z Crystals.
          I respectfully disagree. I do not believe that Lillie will get a Z move. The others prove to be actual trainers so they are definitely using z moves over her in my opinion.

Feel free to disagree.
          Old 2 Weeks Ago (2:17 AM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by dragonAB.

Hey guys just 2 days left to go for SM42!!! Can't actually wait for that long either.
            Anyone would like to make any predictions about the Kanto tour?( Apart form the trailers)
            Old 1 Week Ago (9:02 AM).

I think Jigglypuff will follow the gang to Alola and either caught by Lillie or will somehow return back to Kanto
              Old 1 Week Ago (2:23 AM).
              Eruption
              • Platinum Tier
              • EOEvent Organizer
              • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Adamant
              Episode was really good! Tbh I was hoping to see more of Ash's Pokemon but it's alright. That Bewear tho... Also, I'm pretty sure Lycanroc used Accelerock!
              Old 1 Week Ago (4:27 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by IcyIce.
              Fictional Writer.

Nature: Quiet
                I love seeing old pokemon and it looks like they have shown time pass in the cities, since the end of the episode showed a more modern town. Even though Ash is still technically 10.

I was hoping to see Primeape make a return, but I guess that was wishful thinking. I am glad to see that according to serebii's list of pokemon that showed up, that they mention Larvitar, Butterfree and Squirtle. I wish they had shown his other pokemon though. But I guess they just wanted it to stay in the Kanto/Johto era. But I am really surprised Bayleaf and Quilava didn't show. Although this is going by Serebii, so I could be wrong.

Nothing beat that picture with Ash and every one of his pokemon except Primeape and Squirtle that he didn't release at the end of the Unova Saga.
                Old 1 Week Ago (4:42 AM).
                Fighting a bigger fight

They also showed Totodile and Corphish.

Anyway, fan service is fan service but honestly I didn't even care because I was enjoying myself far too much with gags all over the place.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545
                  Old 1 Week Ago (4:58 AM).
                  are you my dad?
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • EOEvent Organizer

Nature: Quirky
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
                  Episode was really good! Tbh I was hoping to see more of Ash's Pokemon but it's alright. That Bewear tho... Also, I'm pretty sure Lycanroc used Accelerock!
                  Wait, Lycanroc learned a new move?
                  Old 1 Week Ago (5:00 AM).
                  Fictional Writer.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
                    They also showed Totodile and Corphish.

Anyway, fan service is fan service but honestly I didn't even care because I was enjoying myself far too much with gags all over the place.
                    Yeah, that is one of the main reasons I am surprised they didn't show Bayleef at the very least. But maybe they will make a return one last time before leaving Kanto. Other episode titles still haven't been reveled, so they could stay in Kanto a little longer than the 2 episodes mentioned, although it seemed like they were only staying for 2 episodes.

As you said, not really disappointed because I was enjoying myself just by looking at the photos on Serebii, so I am gonna love the episode. Only disappointing thing that actually disappointed me is the lack of Gary. But he may show up during the Ultra Beast crisis if they have that in the anime.
                    Old 1 Week Ago (5:09 AM).
                    Eruption
                    • Platinum Tier
                    • EOEvent Organizer
                    • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Adamant
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
                    Wait, Lycanroc learned a new move?
                    Yeah, it used Accelerock on Team Rocket's robot
                    Old 1 Week Ago (7:06 AM).

Didn't see any of Ash's old Pokemon other than Bulbasaur and the 30 Tauros that he never sees(he blasted off again in doing so). I did see a Corphish(and Totodile) but that may not be Ash's. However, this whole SM is after Johto stuff might as well end. A bit disappointed Primeape, Butterfree or Pidgeot didn't return.

Anyone find it funny that Ash initially was bummed out about Kanto?
                      Old 1 Week Ago (10:13 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by CidHazard.
                      just a miserable pile of secrets

Nature: Careful
                        Old gags return with a vengeance.

Theres a lot of call backs and tributes to the first series, not only in the gags but the animation as well. Here are some I noticed right of the bat.

-The Rapidash running on the open field that Kaki eventually rides is clearly the Rapidash from the original intro.

-Team rockets intro sequence closely follows their old intro sequence complete with the old Team rocket R... I feel that the Meowth robot was also previously used on an OG series episode.

-In battle the characters have speed lines behind them, during the initial act of throwing the pokeball, while they where calling out an attack, and during the pokemons attack itself, a technique the animation team moved away from in XY and SM due to the new animation techniques, but purposefully integrate it in the episode.

- Misty introducing herself as a Sekai Bishoujo or "World Class Beauty"

-The old running animation when they're being chased is back. They even have the "wheels" for feet in the scenes where they're being chased.

-Muk smothering Ash after being called out.

I have a lot more to say but i'll hold off until tomorrow its already 2 am here...
                        Old 1 Week Ago (10:40 AM).
                        Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.

Nature: Naive
                          Been a while that I watched a SM episode I actually enjoyed.

I like the return of some of the old gags and to see a few of Ash's (and Misty + Brock's) old Pokémon again.
                          I hope we may get to see a couple more of them. A Charizard vs Charizard (Ash vs Kiawe) battle would be a sight to behold.
                          Old 1 Week Ago (11:08 AM).
                          are you my dad?
                          • Platinum Tier
                          • EOEvent Organizer

Quote:
                          Wait, Ash didn't want to return home to Kanto? That's not you, Ash.

Or maybe it's because he was so excited about Alola that he didn't want to leave.
                          Old 1 Week Ago (11:43 AM). Edited 1 Week Ago by IcyIce.
                          Fictional Writer.

Quote:
                            Didn't see any of Ash's old Pokemon other than Bulbasaur and the 30 Tauros that he never sees(he blasted off again in doing so). I did see a Corphish(and Totodile) but that may not be Ash's. However, this whole SM is after Johto stuff might as well end. A bit disappointed Primeape, Butterfree or Pidgeot didn't return.

According to Serebii and Bulbapedia, the pokemon of Ash's that were seen or a flashback involved Those you mentioned, Corphish and Totodile were both his. Were the following: (Not including 7th Gen or Pika)

Corphish, Totodile, Muk, Tauros, Charizard, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Butterfree and Larvitar. Although technically I don't recall him ever actually catching Larvitar, but a nice mention non the less.

If Totodile was dancing, there is no questioning that is was Ash's.
                            Old 1 Week Ago (12:04 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Alexander18.
                            Banned

Misty and brock return along with reappearance of ash's older pokemon is the only part i like. Didn't like the return of Kanto.
                              Old 1 Week Ago (12:08 PM).

The callbacks to the original series were definitely fun and seeing Mew at the end was a nice surprise. I guess maybe that was meant to be a reference to the first movie. Wish Team Rocket blasted off rather than being carried off by Bewear but oh well.

Jigglypuff's marker probably ran dry with all those faces to draw on haha.
                                Old 1 Week Ago (3:00 AM).

The appearance of mew was quite a surprise but I also wanted Pidgeot and Squirtle to return to Ash.
                                  Old 1 Week Ago (1:12 AM).
                                  autumn is coming
                                  • Super Moderator
                                  • Platinum Tier
                                  • Social Media
                                  • Discord Moderoid

Nature: Naive
                                  I'm so disappointed the only ones of Ash's old pokémon he said hello to were Bulbasaur and the Tauros ;; what about everybody else? That was what I was looking forward to.
                                  Old 1 Week Ago (1:57 AM).
                                  are you my dad?
                                  • Platinum Tier
                                  • EOEvent Organizer

I was also intrigued by Mew appearing. Maybe it might have a role to play in the SM series later down the line.
                                  Old 1 Week Ago (8:48 AM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by adventure View Post
                                    I'm so disappointed the only ones of Ash's old pokémon he said hello to were Bulbasaur and the Tauros ;; what about everybody else? That was what I was looking forward to.
                                    Said hello to his Muk(which proceeded to envelop him) and Rotom took pictures of the Squirtle Squad(with Ash's Squirtle leading it with its iconic glasses). Lana and Misty also swam in the lake and met Ash's Corphish and Totodile. I'm disappointed they didn't show Butterfree, Primeape, Charizard or Pidgeot(and not in flashbacks mind you).

Speaking of Lana... she got more balls of steel than anyone. Would think Misty would have more courage against a Gyrados considering she owns one. Plus Misty's Bug phobia was highlighted again(if only Lillie could have seen it). Best scene from the Episode is a tie between Snowy/Ninetales scene and Misty pulling on Brock's ear and calling him an idiot.
                                    Old 1 Week Ago (6:55 PM).

Sucks we didn't see more of his Pokemon, even the Kanto ones got little attention. The only non Kanto Pokemon that we saw was Totodile and Corphish that was very brief and they didn't even reunite with Ash. Where's his Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos Pokemon? Is Oak's ranch that big that we don't see them?

Also Ash's Kanto Pokemon were acting like Bayleef and blushing and running towards him. Did they all get lovesick or something?
                                      Old 1 Week Ago (11:22 AM).
                                      Banned

More kanto pandering. That was unneeded even if he is in kanto. Wouldn't hurt to see hos other pokemon.

Quick Reply