Trade Corner Seeking a quick, simple trade? Wanting to get rid of a Pokémon? This section is for you!

TrollandToad.com

Old September 1st, 2017 (9:21 PM).
beyond salvation
    FC: 3883-7618-4217
    IGN: Road

Nature: Adamant
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Haileo View Post
    Hmm... I think I found something.

I got these sets from the same person: GER SUM2011 (I have two sets, got another set from a different person), SWISS SO2011, SPA VER2011, and FRA ETE2011. I've definitely looked at all of them before because I traded out the VER2011 set to my friend, and I remember only the Spanish set giving me an error in PKHeX. Now, I'm seeing everything by this person giving me an error.

Apparently my French set's OT is ETE2011 when it's supposed to be ÉTÉ2011. It's weird because PKHeX has never given that an error before. That means my French set is definitely hacked. SO2011 gives an error which is normal because PP doesn't have the wondercard for it, and it's been contested back then about whether or not this event truly happened in Switzerland. The German and Spanish set given to me by this person all say Invalid Ribbon: Souvenir Ribbon. Now that I know my French set is hacked, I'm inclined to believe they're all hacked.

This person also gave me full characteristic sets of the WIN2011 Beasts (Raikou, Entei, and Suicune), but that's not odd because back then, characteristic sets obtained by wondercards were in demand and were a commodity.

So now that I know my extra ribbon error is hacked, I'd say yours is hacked too. Bulbapedia says Premier Ribbons in gen 5 should only be held by Event Mewtwos, and that's the only ribbon it should have. If a Premier Ribbon is on a gen 5 event Pokemon that's not a Mewtwo, then it's most likely hacked.
    Cool, glad you could figure your problem out!

So you're saying instead of thinking it's legit (since it matches a listing in a legit list) and just had a Premiere Ribbon added on by Pokecheck / a similar program, I should think it's a straight up hack and release it?

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 1st, 2017 (9:24 PM).
    Fluttershy is mai waifu
      FC: 3926 5179 1229
      IGN: ICanSnake

Nature: Modest
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Road View Post
      Cool, glad you could figure your problem out!

So you're saying instead of thinking it's legit (since it matches a listing in a legit list) and just had a Premiere Ribbon added on by Pokecheck / a similar program, I should think it's a straight up hack and release it?
      I actually have no idea how Pokecheck worked because that was after my time, but I'd like to know which event you're talking about lol
      Old September 1st, 2017 (9:39 PM). Edited September 1st, 2017 by Road.
      beyond salvation

Quote:
        I actually have no idea how Pokecheck worked because that was after my time, but I'd like to know which event you're talking about lol
        Oh, I assumed you did since you know way more about hack checking than most. Pokecheck was a way for people to hack check Pokemon by uploading it to a server via the GTS. It was prevalent in 5th Gen and I thiiiiink 4th, but I didn't know about it in that gen. Once it was uploaded you went onto the server in your browser and could see the info listed out similar to how we check in PKHeX nowadays. You could then "clone" it by downloading it to your game several times, and other people could download it if you made the file public. However, to mark that it had come from Pokecheck, it had a Premiere Ribbon added onto it.

It's a Pikachu Festival Pikachu that matches this listing on Danny's list:
        03232 トウホク Pikachu - Timid - Somewhat Vain - Mar 23, 2012 Shiny
        (It's under "Part 12 – Gen V Events, IDs 01113 to 06011")

I haven't been able to check the date because PKHeX won't read my Moon save for some reason, but everything else matches, including the original ribbon. The only thing that is different is the extra Premiere Ribbon which again, as I explained, I believe is a Pokecheck ribbon for reasons above.
        Old September 1st, 2017 (9:58 PM).
        Fluttershy is mai waifu

Quote:
          Oh, I assumed you did since you know way more about hack checking than most. Pokecheck was a way for people to hack check Pokemon by uploading it to a server via the GTS. It was prevalent in 5th Gen and I thiiiiink 4th, but I didn't know about it in that gen. Once it was uploaded you went onto the server in your browser and could see the info listed out similar to how we check in PKHeX nowadays. You could then "clone" it by downloading it to your game several times, and other people could download it if you made the file public. However, to mark that it had come from Pokecheck, it had a Premiere Ribbon added onto it.

It's a Pikachu Festival Pikachu that matches this listing on Danny's list:
          03232 トウホク Pikachu - Timid - Somewhat Vain - Mar 23, 2012 Shiny
          (It's under "Part 12 – Gen V Events, IDs 01113 to 06011")

I haven't been able to check the date because PKHeX won't read my Moon save for some reason, but everything else matches, including the original ribbon. The only thing that is different is the extra Premiere Ribbon which again, as I explained, I believe is a Pokecheck ribbon for reasons above.
          Interesting. As far as I know, Pokecheck was first introduced in the beginning of 2011, so that would be 5th gen. I stopped event collecting in February 2011, but I've only lightly heard about it over the years.

Also as far as I know, Pokecheck has since shut down so you can't see anything uploaded on the server anymore. So I'd assume that because it's shiny, someone was suspicious about the Tohoku Pikachu and checked it on Pokecheck. So yeah, I'd say probably legit.
          Old September 1st, 2017 (10:01 PM).
          beyond salvation

Quote:
            Interesting. As far as I know, Pokecheck was first introduced in the beginning of 2011, so that would be 5th gen. I stopped event collecting in February 2011, but I've only lightly heard about it over the years.

Also as far as I know, Pokecheck has since shut down so you can't see anything uploaded on the server anymore. So I'd assume that because it's shiny, someone was suspicious about the Tohoku Pikachu and checked it on Pokecheck. So yeah, I'd say probably legit.
            Ah okay, that would make sense. I know it was around for 5th but I never used it so I only know stuff based on what many people told me and have seen.

Alrighty, so that takes me back to my original question: should I remove the Premiere Ribbon in PKHeX or leave it and explain that we believe it's legit?
            Old September 1st, 2017 (10:11 PM).
            Fluttershy is mai waifu

Quote:
              Ah okay, that would make sense. I know it was around for 5th but I never used it so I only know stuff based on what many people told me and have seen.

Alrighty, so that takes me back to my original question: should I remove the Premiere Ribbon in PKHeX or leave it and explain that we believe it's legit?
              I'd leave it alone. I believe that touching events, much less editing events, decreases the value of it. I believe in trading it in the condition you obtained it. I guess if they ask about it, you can tell them it was Pokechecked.
              Old September 2nd, 2017 (4:40 AM). Edited September 2nd, 2017 by Keiran.
              Selenium Forest
              • Silver Tier
              • PokéCommunity Daily
              FC: 4141-2407-3725
              IGN: Moon: Soapie | Sun: Soapy

Nature: Sassy
              Editing it in any way, even if it's to make it legit, makes it a hack.
              I didn't know Pokécheck Pokémon had Premier ribbons attached to it.. I'd be inclined to think that makes them hacked. :/
              But this was also before my time so I think Keiran should check it out

Old September 2nd, 2017 (10:42 AM).
              Fight Off Your Demons
              FC:
              IGN: Ranulf / Mogwai

Nature: Careful
              Yes, the premier ribbons were added to make it obvious that the Pokemon was downloaded as a clone and to prevent people from passing them off as their own. They are essentially edited/hacks.

When kings upon the main have clung to pride
              And held themselves as masters of the sea
              I've held them down beneath the crushing tide
              Till they have learned that no one masters me
              Old September 2nd, 2017 (6:36 PM).
              beyond salvation

So I can't trade it. Very well. I'll keep it off my lists.
                Old September 7th, 2017 (12:56 PM).
                Fluttershy is mai waifu

So, this question might be too technical for anyone here to answer, but I'll post it here because it's public and hopefully someone knows.

I traded for a Shiny Tornadus that was caught in Black, so a 5th gen shiny. It gives an error in PKHeX. By normal clicking the error triangle, PKHeX comes back with "Legal!", but by right-clicking > Legality, it gives me this:
                  Spoiler:

The PID and Encryption Constant are the same, I double checked. Next step:
                  https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality_value

Shininess in 5th gen is determined by a process of equations, so I thought to go backwards from the PID to see if the PID actually matches the math to make it shiny. Before I talk about that, I tested out: 1) Changing the PID on this Shiny Tornadus makes it valid and will not give any errors. 2) Changing the TID (ie. increasing the number by +1) makes it valid and will not give any errors.

I used the equations listed out on the Bulbapedia page, and here is my math:
                  Spoiler:

Bulbapedia says if the final result of this equation is less than 8, then it will be a shiny Pokemon. But the result I get is 0, which is technically less than 8. That's why PKHeX lists it as an error but says it's valid, because since technically 0 is less than 8, it is a valid shiny.

Tl;dr (And the question I want to ask): Is a 5th gen Shiny Pokemon valid and legit if its shininess value is 0? What about if its shininess value is 8? Bulbapedia says "less than 8," not "less than or equal to 8," so I don't think 8 would work. But what about 0?
                  Old September 7th, 2017 (1:52 PM).
                  Who?
                  • Crystal Tier
                  FC: 0946-2243-9665
                  IGN: Tabor

Nature: Lax
                  Quote:
                  Spoiler:
                  So, this question might be too technical for anyone here to answer, but I'll post it here because it's public and hopefully someone knows.

I traded for a Shiny Tornadus that was caught in Black, so a 5th gen shiny. It gives an error in PKHeX. By normal clicking the error triangle, PKHeX comes back with "Legal!", but by right-clicking > Legality, it gives me this:
                  Spoiler:

The PID and Encryption Constant are the same, I double checked. Next step:
                  https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality_value

Shininess in 5th gen is determined by a process of equations, so I thought to go backwards from the PID to see if the PID actually matches the math to make it shiny. Before I talk about that, I tested out: 1) Changing the PID on this Shiny Tornadus makes it valid and will not give any errors. 2) Changing the TID (ie. increasing the number by +1) makes it valid and will not give any errors.

I used the equations listed out on the Bulbapedia page, and here is my math:
                  Spoiler:

Bulbapedia says if the final result of this equation is less than 8, then it will be a shiny Pokemon. But the result I get is 0, which is technically less than 8. That's why PKHeX lists it as an error but says it's valid, because since technically 0 is less than 8, it is a valid shiny.

Tl;dr (And the question I want to ask): Is a 5th gen Shiny Pokemon valid and legit if its shininess value is 0? What about if its shininess value is 8? Bulbapedia says "less than 8," not "less than or equal to 8," so I don't think 8 would work. But what about 0?
                  I defintely know squat about the math, but I do have a question. The Tornadus doesn't have it's Hidden Ability (Defiant) does it? If I recall correctly you could only get it with its HA from Dream Radar which is impossible to get a shiny from. Just wanted to cover it in case you didn't.

3DS Friend Code
                  0946 2243 9665

Trade Reviews
                  Click Here
                  Old September 7th, 2017 (1:58 PM).
                  Fluttershy is mai waifu

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
                    I defintely know squat about the math, but I do have a question. The Tornadus doesn't have it's Hidden Ability (Defiant) does it? If I recall correctly you could only get it with its HA from Dream Radar which is impossible to get a shiny from. Just wanted to cover it in case you didn't.
                    It shows the ability in the picture lol. It has Regenerator.
                    Old September 7th, 2017 (2:13 PM). Edited September 7th, 2017 by tabor62.
                    Who?
                    • Crystal Tier
                    FC: 0946-2243-9665
                    IGN: Tabor

Nature: Lax
                    Quote:
                    It shows the ability in the picture lol. It has Regenerator.
                    That's the Therian Forme Ability. Normal or Hidden, it'll turn into Regenerator when you use the Reveal Glass on it.

3DS Friend Code
                    0946 2243 9665

Trade Reviews
                    Click Here
                    Old September 11th, 2017 (5:28 AM).
                    Selenium Forest
                    • Silver Tier
                    • PokéCommunity Daily

So I'm looking over my Rareball collection with PKHeX and some stuff comes back flagged, while Serebii's database says it's completely legit. So who's right in that case? Anyone knows? :( I know the Swablu is sketchy because since it was bred in Y, HA inheritance didn't work that way. But for the rest I'm at a loss.
                    - Dream Ball Starly: "Can't optain species in Ball" (Bred by me in Moon)
                    - Moon Ball Roselia: "Can't optain species in Ball" (Bred by someone else in Y)
                    - Moon Ball Swablu: "Relearn Moves missing: Egg Move" + "Can't obtain Hidden Ability with Ball" (Bred by someone else in Y)
                    - Friend Ball Bounsweet: "Relearn Moves missing: Egg Move" (Bred by me in Moon)
                    - Heavy Ball Barboach: "Can't optain species in Ball" (Bred by someone else in Y)
                    - Heavy Ball Snorlax: "Invalid Move" + "Relearn Moves missing: Egg Move" (Bred by me in Sun)

Old September 11th, 2017 (6:26 AM).
                    Fluttershy is mai waifu

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Soapyyy View Post
                      So I'm looking over my Rareball collection with PKHeX and some stuff comes back flagged, while Serebii's database says it's completely legit. So who's right in that case? Anyone knows? I know the Swablu is sketchy because since it was bred in Y, HA inheritance didn't work that way. But for the rest I'm at a loss.
                      - Moon Ball Swablu: "Relearn Moves missing: Egg Move" + "Can't obtain Hidden Ability with Ball" (Bred by someone else in Y)
                      - Heavy Ball Barboach: "Can't optain species in Ball" (Bred by someone else in Y)
                      - Heavy Ball Snorlax: "Invalid Move" + "Relearn Moves missing: Egg Move" (Bred by me in Sun)
                      According to a Poke Ball combination list my friend did:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yGGbjd3uXndaCja25LegC-IHLqdYlws8vXb4sVml-sA/edit#gid=0

Most of those are valid combinations. The Bounsweet and Snorlax look weird, and possibly the Swablu too. From what I know, if an egg move is bred onto a Pokemon, the egg move should be in the relearn move list starting from 6th gen. Invalid Move means that it has a move it can't normally learn (ie. event Pokemon), but it's not in its relearn movelist either.
                      Old September 11th, 2017 (6:58 AM).
                      Selenium Forest
                      • Silver Tier
                      • PokéCommunity Daily

Quote:
                      According to a Poke Ball combination list my friend did:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yGGbjd3uXndaCja25LegC-IHLqdYlws8vXb4sVml-sA/edit#gid=0

Most of those are valid combinations. The Bounsweet and Snorlax look weird, and possibly the Swablu too. From what I know, if an egg move is bred onto a Pokemon, the egg move should be in the relearn move list starting from 6th gen. Invalid Move means that it has a move it can't normally learn (ie. event Pokemon), but it's not in its relearn movelist either.
                      Omg thank you for this list, its much clearer than Serebii's!! Is this public? May I link it in my Hack Checking guide?
                      For the legal ones, I would assume it's a PKHeX bug, then?
                      Swablu is definitely Illegal because of the game of origin, but if it was bred in Gen 7 there wouldn't be anything wrong with it. I think. The Move error is really weird, I bred other Swablu from it so I'll check them as well.
                      Both Snorlax and Bounsweet were Pokémon I bred from stuff I recieved from Wonder Trade, so I'll just release them and re-breed them from scratch.

Old September 11th, 2017 (8:40 AM).
                      Fluttershy is mai waifu

Quote:
                        Omg thank you for this list, its much clearer than Serebii's!! Is this public? May I link it in my Hack Checking guide?
                        For the legal ones, I would assume it's a PKHeX bug, then?
                        Swablu is definitely Illegal because of the game of origin, but if it was bred in Gen 7 there wouldn't be anything wrong with it. I think. The Move error is really weird, I bred other Swablu from it so I'll check them as well.
                        Both Snorlax and Bounsweet were Pokémon I bred from stuff I recieved from Wonder Trade, so I'll just release them and re-breed them from scratch.
                        Yeah, I think it's public lol. Go ahead
                        Old September 12th, 2017 (9:20 PM).
                        take me ☆ take you
                          FC: 2964 8599 6139
                          IGN: Whitney (AS), Lucy (X), Hugo (Y), Daniel (OR), Winry (Sun), ゆうた (Moon)

Quote:
                          So I'm looking over my Rareball collection with PKHeX and some stuff comes back flagged, while Serebii's database says it's completely legit. So who's right in that case? Anyone knows? I know the Swablu is sketchy because since it was bred in Y, HA inheritance didn't work that way. But for the rest I'm at a loss.
                          I don't think that PKHeX is completely updated because it says that some of my Apricorn HA Pokemon are not legit when it is definitely possible to get those Pokemon in SM.

Honestly? I wouldn't become too attached to whether or not the specific Pokemon is legit if you're just going to use it for breeding anyway... just look up whether or not it can be caught in the ball (and all of these can) and whether it exists with the HA (they can) and that would mean they're legit. Unless you're using them for battling or trading them like they are then I'm not sure why it matters? I may be of the minority on this =/

ORAS/XYBW
                          Old September 12th, 2017 (9:44 PM).
                          Oh Hai Thar~
                          • Silver Tier
                          FC: 0061-1111-6462
                          IGN: Jagold

Is PKHex a hack-checker lately? I just find it funny that a hacking/genning tool is used as a way to check a legitimacy of a 'mon. :V

In any case, imo it's not a perfect tool for checking legality and legitimacy of a Pokémon.

FC: 0061-1111-6462
                          TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old September 13th, 2017 (3:08 AM).
                          Fluttershy is mai waifu

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by destinedjagold View Post
                            Is PKHex a hack-checker lately? I just find it funny that a hacking/genning tool is used as a way to check a legitimacy of a 'mon. :V

In any case, imo it's not a perfect tool for checking legality and legitimacy of a Pokémon.
                            Well, what you said is pretty much the basis of legitimacy checking in the first place. I took an Ethical Hacking course last semester, and what I learned is "Hackers use the same tools no matter what side you use them for, the difference is the morality you take. If you use the tools for a good cause, you are an ethical hacker, but if you use the tools for a bad cause, you are a criminal."

This is pretty much the same thing. Legitimacy checks and hacking use the same tools (PKHeX), and even in 4th gen we used the same tools, the difference is what you do with these tools. PKHeX has been updating a lot in the last few months with legality edge cases, so it's become more of a tool for us to see what's right and what's wrong in a Pokemon, as well as how it would happen and how to fix it.
                            Old September 13th, 2017 (3:46 AM). Edited September 13th, 2017 by Soapy ❤.
                            Selenium Forest
                            • Silver Tier
                            • PokéCommunity Daily

PKHeX is being more and more accurate, and finds hack we could never find otherwise due to how the game and Poké Bank literally are the worst hack checkers ever made. People rely on them but their only check is like, HA on Pokémon from Gen 4 and before. That's it. With all the info we can't see in game, everyone just goes "i guess its legit" and trade hacks away unknowingly. Like Haileo said, what wrong am I doing if I use the hackers very tool to spot and release hacks? The developer added this to his program because people use blatant hacks in battle and trading, which is not what he wanted in the first place.
                            Also Altaris, I'm indeed concerned because I got some of these from traders here, and I wanted to trade them myself.

Old September 13th, 2017 (8:58 AM).
                            Eloquent Speaker
                              FC: 3523-3464-8565
                              IGN: Ellie

Quote:
                              PKHeX is being more and more accurate, and finds hack we could never find otherwise due to how the game and Poké Bank literally are the worst hack checkers ever made. People rely on them but their only check is like, HA on Pokémon from Gen 4 and before. That's it. With all the info we can't see in game, everyone just goes "i guess its legit" and trade hacks away unknowingly. Like Haileo said, what wrong am I doing if I use the hackers very tool to spot and release hacks? The developer added this to his program because people use blatant hacks in battle and trading, which is not what he wanted in the first place.
                              I know I was guilty of this for awhile before I got PKHeX. Now that I use it, it greatly reduces the amount of hacks or questionable pokemon I receive and hopefully trade. Now that it's being updated more, the only thing I've run into is Cute Charm glitch shinies being flagged, which is a known problem that last I read they were working on. (Cute Charm glitch gives some weird numbers with PID and SID and causes a flag even though they're legit).
                              Quote:
                              Also Altaris, I'm indeed concerned because I got some of these from traders here, and I wanted to trade them myself.
                              It's the debate over what's legal versus what's legit. I frankly don't want offspring of hacked/modified parents. It just doesn't seem too honest to me.

Traded with me? Please leave a review here!
                              Old September 13th, 2017 (9:06 AM).
                              Selenium Forest
                              • Silver Tier
                              • PokéCommunity Daily

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by MechaMoth View Post
                              I know I was guilty of this for awhile before I got PKHeX. Now that I use it, it greatly reduces the amount of hacks or questionable pokemon I receive and hopefully trade. Now that it's being updated more, the only thing I've run into is Cute Charm glitch shinies being flagged, which is a known problem that last I read they were working on. (Cute Charm glitch gives some weird numbers with PID and SID and causes a flag even though they're legit).
                              I mean, it wouldn't be necessary if all the info would be available in game. But what you can actually check in game is a snipet of everything that's stored in the Pokémon's data. Seems like a waste to me.

Old September 13th, 2017 (3:59 PM).
                              beyond salvation

"You can never REALLY tell if something is a hack" has literally been said since the dawn of Pokemon. Of course we can't, and to some that warrants not even trying. For the rest of us, who have been in Pokemon for so long and KNOW things can be gotten legitly, it encourages us even more to check for hacks. There are plenty of people who don't care, so someone has to do it.

Anyway, real question. I'm getting "Can't have ball for encounter type" errors on some Pokemon and I'm a bit confused. One of them I'm getting this on is a Nidoqueen in a Safari Ball, but it's from FR and Lv. 31, which matches up for the info for Nidorina in the game (then was just evolved with Moon Stone). Getting the same error for a Magnemite from SS, Lv. 16 which matches the level for Route 38/39 and is in a Luxury Ball which I'm pretty sure you can buy in those games. (Magnemite also has "Encounter type PID Mismatch" which I heard happens on 4th Gen Shinies, but is it ALL 4th Gen Shinies? Soaps told me to ignore it but I wanted to check.)

I have other questions but will save those for later as I keep checking. @w@
                                Old September 13th, 2017 (8:23 PM). Edited September 13th, 2017 by Keiran.
                                Fight Off Your Demons
                                FC:
                                IGN: Ranulf / Mogwai

Quote:
                                "You can never REALLY tell if something is a hack" has literally been said since the dawn of Pokemon. Of course we can't, and to some that warrants not even trying. For the rest of us, who have been in Pokemon for so long and KNOW things can be gotten legitly, it encourages us even more to check for hacks. There are plenty of people who don't care, so someone has to do it.

Anyway, real question. I'm getting "Can't have ball for encounter type" errors on some Pokemon and I'm a bit confused. One of them I'm getting this on is a Nidoqueen in a Safari Ball, but it's from FR and Lv. 31, which matches up for the info for Nidorina in the game (then was just evolved with Moon Stone). Getting the same error for a Magnemite from SS, Lv. 16 which matches the level for Route 38/39 and is in a Luxury Ball which I'm pretty sure you can buy in those games. (Magnemite also has "Encounter type PID Mismatch" which I heard happens on 4th Gen Shinies, but is it ALL 4th Gen Shinies? Soaps told me to ignore it but I wanted to check.)

I have other questions but will save those for later as I keep checking. @w@
                                Are these Pokemon that you caught yourself? It's possible that someone could have entered the wrong encounter type for the Nidorina, and it's also possibly a false flag. Pokecheck wasn't perfect either, especially when it came to trash bytes.

When kings upon the main have clung to pride
                                And held themselves as masters of the sea
                                I've held them down beneath the crushing tide
                                Till they have learned that no one masters me

Quick Reply