Advertiser Content
Seen September 11th, 2019
Posted September 5th, 2019
6 posts
159 Days
Can anyone help me? I'm using a clean version of Pokemon Emerald.

Basically, my problem is the following: I install the patch and assemble a song on sappy using the respective hex address in the post.
Then, I try playing the song I just assembled, I can hear the audio perfectly, but the volume bars are always at 0, it behaves like it's mute the whole time but I can hear the audio.
Then I go in-game and try the song, but I can't hear anything, it's completely mute.

Does anyone know how to solve? I'm a newbie but I learn pretty fast, what do I have to do?

Thank you a lot for the patience.

Road_to_Cerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover

Male
Route 1 (Kanto)
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
195 posts
3 Years
Can anyone help me? I'm using a clean version of Pokemon Emerald.

Basically, my problem is the following: I install the patch and assemble a song on sappy using the respective hex address in the post.
Then, I try playing the song I just assembled, I can hear the audio perfectly, but the volume bars are always at 0, it behaves like it's mute the whole time but I can hear the audio.
Then I go in-game and try the song, but I can't hear anything, it's completely mute.

Does anyone know how to solve? I'm a newbie but I learn pretty fast, what do I have to do?

Thank you a lot for the patience.
Does this issue only apply to the all-instrument voicegroup? If you retry a normal voicegroup and the song sounds normal in-game, then probably it is a glitch in the patch.

You are challenged by Pokémon Trainers Red, Blue & Leaf!
Pokémon AgateRed and JadeGreen (Chapter 1 Finished, Chapter 2 In Progress)
My remixed music list: Here
My deviantART page: Here
Seen September 11th, 2019
Posted September 5th, 2019
6 posts
159 Days
Hey! Thank you for the answer!

I managed to solve the issue by moving the voicegroup in a different memory address.
I got another issue tho, I've read the README file, and it says that the drum doesn't have the classic sappy value, (I also noticed because drums do not work in game if I use that voicegroup)

Do you know how to fix? I mean it explains it in the README but I didn't quite understand.

Thank you.

Road_to_Cerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover

Male
Route 1 (Kanto)
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
195 posts
3 Years
Hey! Thank you for the answer!

I managed to solve the issue by moving the voicegroup in a different memory address.
I got another issue tho, I've read the README file, and it says that the drum doesn't have the classic sappy value, (I also noticed because drums do not work in game if I use that voicegroup)

Do you know how to fix? I mean it explains it in the README but I didn't quite understand.

Thank you.
A DirectSound sample can be heard normally in-game only if its address is ALIGNED (begins with 0, 4, 8 or C), but in this patch some of the drum samples do not satisfy this requirement so they are muted out when tested in the emulator. You must either manually move their offsets to proper addresses (export and re-import) or contact the patch creator to fix this problem.

You are challenged by Pokémon Trainers Red, Blue & Leaf!
Pokémon AgateRed and JadeGreen (Chapter 1 Finished, Chapter 2 In Progress)
My remixed music list: Here
My deviantART page: Here
Advertiser Content