Trans Dude with a Chill 'Tude

Age 19
Male
USA
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted September 2nd, 2019
22 posts
1 Years

Pokémon from other dimensions -- and Pokémon from beyond the stars?!

Victory and Louise are young officers in training and co-valedictorians at Officer Colette's academy. Upon graduation, the two are given their first Pokémon and sent out as partners to take on cases. They're few and far between at first, giving them enough free time to train their Pokémon and collect Gym Badges along the way, but something more sinister begins developing as time goes on... seemingly unrelated cases all begin to point in the same direction... what are the goals of the sinister crime organizations along the way? Who are these cryptic figures and what do they want? Why are they targeting the Space Station of Borealis City?!

Collect Pokémon of the brand new Space-type and catch over a hundred new Pokémon! Explore the Coriolis region in style, and even visit the cosmos?! Maybe you'll find brand new undiscovered Pokémon along the way...

FEATURES:
  • Made in Pokémon Essentials (with EBS)
  • Over 200+ Pokémon, new and old
  • A brand new type in a brand new region
  • Type combinations that have never been seen before
  • An interesting plot with several sidequests

CURRENT TEAM:
  • Joel (That's me!) - Head of Development (Spriting, Writing, Scripting)
  • Ashe - Writing and Moderating
  • Kyri - Spriting
  • Jonathan - Spriting
  • Kooks - Stats and Balancing
  • Vendily - Scripting

Luckily, the dev team has seen some new additions and progress has been going a LOT better -- but there's still room if you want in! (Italicized jobs are the MOST desired, but the following is a list of roles we are POTENTIALLY ACCEPTING):

HELP WANTED:
  • Critique and Ideas
  • Balancers and Stat Help
  • Sound Artists (for cries primarily)
  • Scripters
  • Beta Testers
  • Mappers

If you're interested, have any questions, or just would like to be kept posted on the project, please message me on my Discord at eldritch hamster#8346! I am willing to help you on your projects if you help on mine. Thank you for taking the time to read and have a wonderful day!!!

[JOIN THE DISCORD SERVER! <3]

mgriffin

Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
748 posts
5.6 Years
I love cosmic horror! I'm a little worried about your "wanted" list though, you want a lot of roles, and in particular you're looking for a writer! Cosmic horror is all about the writing…

Anyway, if you've read my posts on the recruiting subforum before you can probably guess what I'm going to say next—this is a pitch, so give me the exciting details! Show the cool Fakemon sprites, describe the scary set pieces you're hoping to do, will there be sanity effects, etc etc.

Okay, so the thing is, there aren't a lot of us on the dev team right now. Progress is pretty slow and it leaves a lot to be desired. Sooo, here are some of the roles I'd like to see fulfilled!
How many is not a lot? What roles do they cover? What progress can you show so far, do you have screenshots? Can you explain how much progress you'd have wanted to have in the past 4 months, so that prospective recruits know what's you're expecting of them?

JoelMatthews

Age 19
Male
USA
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
22 posts
1 Years
I love cosmic horror! I'm a little worried about your "wanted" list though, you want a lot of roles, and in particular you're looking for a writer! Cosmic horror is all about the writing…
That is true! Most of the story is written already, but more writers are wanted for fleshing out scenes and character detail, as well as transitions. The main characters are already fleshed out. The reason there are a lot of wanted roles is not because I need that many people, but to show that many people of different talents will be accepted. I'll probably create two separate lists then, one for crucial and one for considered.

Show the cool Fakemon sprites, describe the scary set pieces you're hoping to do, will there be sanity effects, etc etc.
Good idea. I'll work on some graphics to add on to my original post.

How many is not a lot? What roles do they cover? What progress can you show so far, do you have screenshots? Can you explain how much progress you'd have wanted to have in the past 4 months, so that prospective recruits know what's you're expecting of them?
Currently there are four including me. I do most every role with two other spriters and one other writer. The most crucial roles to me at the moment are more spriters, someone to make the cries, and someone to help me decide on stats or competitive value of certain Fakemon.

Thank you for all of your questions. Hopefully I clarified them well!

mgriffin

Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
748 posts
5.6 Years
Good idea. I'll work on some graphics to add on to my original post.
Cool! I'm excited to see what you've got! I can't help right now, but good luck!

I think you might have some good luck discussing how your Fakemon fare stat-wise and competitively on Discord. #fangame-hub has a bunch of regulars who can't help discussing that particular topic, even when it's not requested! :D

JoelMatthews

Age 19
Male
USA
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
22 posts
1 Years
UPDATE: The Discord server of the game is now public! If you'd like to join, either to ask questions or keep up on the progress, feel free!

https://discord.gg/mxNkyU

EDIT 3/18/2019 -- I'm dumb. I forgot to make the last invite permanent. Here's one that actually works:

https://discord.gg/AFD3Ak4

JoelMatthews

Age 19
Male
USA
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
22 posts
1 Years
UPDATE: Hello hello! Since March, this fangame has been making good, steady progress! The Pokédex is almost finalized and the plot is nearly ironed out, as well as some graphics being made...

But the issue is, our team lacks a mapper! Everything else can be covered, but mapping is something we're lacking right now. If any interested mappers are here, please feel free to message me or join the Discord!!! :D

JoelMatthews

Age 19
Male
USA
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
22 posts
1 Years
Edited the main post to feature the current development team. Also, here's a little sneak preview of the PKMN Selection Screen for ya!

Spoiler:
Advertiser Content