Advertiser Content

Emerald Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 1.1] Page 3

Started by Hillsy13 April 18th, 2019 10:54 PM
  • 72 replies
  • Poll

Should I include Day/Night System in Beta2.0?

• 73.00%
  • 27.00%

Hillsy13

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
98 posts
3.3 Years
Any progress updates towards v2.0? Loving the look of this so far, will most likely be my Emerald ROM hack of choice, when I get to playing it.
Thanks for the kind words! It's going really well so far, got a few things to work on still before releasing it though. I'm still hopeful that I'll be able to release beta 2.0 in the next month or so, but honestly that could be subject to change at any moment.
Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 1.1]

Hillsy13

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
98 posts
3.3 Years
i think its not included in the documentation, game corner only has the trade stone, not the shiny stone
Yeah you can get a Shiny Stone on the Northern-most part of route 115. You can also get 1 in Genesis Cave, and buy them at Trainer Hill after getting 5 badges if I recall correctly.

Hillsy13

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
98 posts
3.3 Years
Went through all the emerald hacks on this page today and this seems to be the best looking one. Should I play it as is or wait for the new beta?
Well the game is definitely playable in the current beta, and I think you'd still have a good time with it. On the other hand, I'm hopeful that Beta 2 will be out in the next couple of months, but I can't really make any guarantees when it comes to a release date on it. Essentially, if you're patient, then I'd recommend waiting for the next release. But if you're not, go right ahead with what's out at the moment.
Age 27
Male
US and India
Seen September 10th, 2019
Posted September 8th, 2019
1 posts
65 Days
Hey bro, loving the hack so far! I have one question, does Murkrow evolve? I didn't see it in the docs, it only said Honchkrow was catchable. Thanks!

*EDIT* Dusk Stone for Honchkrow. I found a bug as well, the game seems to lock up when I go over the dawn stone in my inventory, and it's icon gets all glitched out. I need to use my bag and I don't know how to get around this as it happens every time, even in marts. :(

Hillsy13

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
98 posts
3.3 Years
Hey bro, loving the hack so far! I have one question, does Murkrow evolve? I didn't see it in the docs, it only said Honchkrow was catchable. Thanks!

*EDIT* Dusk Stone for Honchkrow. I found a bug as well, the game seems to lock up when I go over the dawn stone in my inventory, and it's icon gets all glitched out. I need to use my bag and I don't know how to get around this as it happens every time, even in marts. :(
Yep, Murkrow to Honchkrow via Dusk Stone. You can get one in the Hollowed Ruins on route 118. The Dawn Stone thing is an acknowledged bug in Beta 1.1 and has been fixed in my working build of Beta 2.
Seen September 29th, 2019
Posted September 29th, 2019
1 posts
6.4 Years
Hey. I don't know if it's kind of late to give you this suggestion, but have you ever thought about redesigning some of the towns - such as changing the location of the houses, pokemon centers and gyms within that city? I think it would help give the game (and, especially, the Hoenn region) an even bigger facelift.

I suggest something similar to what Pokemon DarkViolet did with Kanto/FireRed - they did not remove nor create new towns, but a small twist was given to the existing ones. The number of houses and the available NPCs would be exactly the same, but if they were rearranged in a different order, it would feel like rediscovering the Hoenn region again.

Either way: I've played the game until Mauville and I'm enjoying the increased difficulty, the more diverse teams and the fact that there are new locations. Good work and keep it up! I'm waiting for the new update!

Hillsy13

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
98 posts
3.3 Years
Hey. I don't know if it's kind of late to give you this suggestion, but have you ever thought about redesigning some of the towns - such as changing the location of the houses, pokemon centers and gyms within that city? I think it would help give the game (and, especially, the Hoenn region) an even bigger facelift.

I suggest something similar to what Pokemon DarkViolet did with Kanto/FireRed - they did not remove nor create new towns, but a small twist was given to the existing ones. The number of houses and the available NPCs would be exactly the same, but if they were rearranged in a different order, it would feel like rediscovering the Hoenn region again.

Either way: I've played the game until Mauville and I'm enjoying the increased difficulty, the more diverse teams and the fact that there are new locations. Good work and keep it up! I'm waiting for the new update!
Sorry for the slow reply here mate. Updating the maps for some of the towns and cities is definitely something I'm interested in. I'm glad you've enjoyed the hack so far as well!

Hillsy13

Male
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
98 posts
3.3 Years
Hey everyone, I've just realized how long it's been since I've posted any sort of update here, so I thought now would be as good a time as any. October was a crazy month for me, which saw me spend an enormous amount of time at university, preventing me from really making any significant progress on the hack. My last exam is on the 20th of November, so beyond that I should have plenty of time to continue working on this project. My current goal is just to get the next version out this year, but those type of estimates are always subject to change, so take that with a grain of salt. Lastly, I thought I'd sign off with a few screenshots of things I've been working on for Beta 2!

Advertiser Content