Death

The Pale Horseman

Philippines
Seen November 24th, 2018
Posted October 13th, 2017
615 posts
6.1 Years
im trying to get myself a shiny rowlet.
currently on hour 3 of soft resetting...
Oh, man. Good luck. Soft resetting for the starters take a while for this game.

Rain

Female
Canada
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted November 18th, 2017
117 posts
10.3 Years
I received a hacked shiny litten over wonder trade. I've kept it for breeding later on.

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,233 posts
8.7 Years
Still haven't gotten a shiny here yet. May post later if I do find one.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,233 posts
8.7 Years
As of posting this, I just got my first ever 7th Gen shiny. It was a Yungoos on Route 2!

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,061 posts
11.9 Years
None as of yet. I have a feeling it will be a good while before I encounter my first legit shiny. I know the rate is something like 1 in 4,000 but eh, I'm not really seeking them out just yet anyways.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you

Female
database database
Seen August 13th, 2019
Posted October 5th, 2018
5,173 posts
7.5 Years
On my quest to catch a pichu in the beginning of the game that first pichu was so rare that I actually found a shiny pikipek before I found one pichu lol. Anyone else find a shiny yet.
I personally haven't had any yet but my brother found a shiny Trumbeak before I had even opened the game...

One of my friends has also bred like 5 shinies already. Sandygast, all 3 starters, Dhelmise, etc. It seems to be higher this generation?

ORAS/XYBW

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
50,233 posts
8.7 Years
I personally haven't had any yet but my brother found a shiny Trumbeak before I had even opened the game...

One of my friends has also bred like 5 shinies already. Sandygast, all 3 starters, Dhelmise, etc. It seems to be higher this generation?
I think I heard the shiny rate in this game was lowered to like, 1 in 4000. I've only had my copy of Moon for four days now and I now have my first shiny, which was my aforementioned Yungoos (now a Gumshoos).

Female
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
168 posts
3 Years
I think I heard the shiny rate in this game was lowered to like, 1 in 4000. I've only had my copy of Moon for four days now and I now have my first shiny, which was my aforementioned Yungoos (now a Gumshoos).
I believe it's been 1 in 4,096 since X/Y, which is half of what it was before then (1 in 8,192). Speaking of "1 in 4,000" though, there's an NPC in Sun/Moon that literally says the odds of finding a shiny are about 1 in 4,000.

I haven't encountered any shiny Pokemon yet, though.
Male
New York
Seen April 16th, 2018
Posted November 22nd, 2017
146 posts
5.6 Years
I found a shiny Diglett and ran without thinking about it. I wish i would have caught it. At least it wasnt a shiny that i really liked. xD
WHHHHHHYYYYY?!?!?!?!? Alolan Diglett is GAWD! ; ~ ;
You may bask in everything about me! *Flips Hair Intensively*
Artwork/Credit: verna-c @ DeviantArt GO WATCH THIS GODDESS DRAW!!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 27
Female
Seen August 22nd, 2019
Posted July 26th, 2019
The other day I was looking for Mimikyu. Found a shiny Golbat before I found a Mimikyu. Still, random encounter is nice.

Also I swear if I get a shiny Fearow I will be annoyed.
Male
Vietnam
Seen May 4th, 2019
Posted September 18th, 2017
39 posts
3.8 Years
I've just caught a shiny Araquanid right in the middle of having a doubt on choosing Pkm for my team. Since her base Speed is 42 and having the Sassy nature, I'm gonna have Trick Room team, I guess.

I caught a shiny Goldeen while searching for Feebas.
You know something is messed up when a regular fish is rarer than a shiny. @___@
Did you focusing on the bubbling spots? The chance of encountering Feebas are much higher there. I caught one with this way.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets

Age 24
Male
From Parts Unknown
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
582 posts
3.2 Years
I feel encountering shinies is way to easy in this gen...

I hunted and already found 3 (Being rockruff, formantis, and a freakin male soladin DAMNIT!) in under 24 hours (No shiny charm)... I also feel that SOS chaining is way to easy to execute unlike chain fishing or pokeradar chaining which needed your full attention.

Also found a random shiny goldeen while fishing for a Wishywashy
Don't be ashamed of what you love... even if other people find it embarrassing or pathetic embrace it... Love what you love, you'll be happier that way.
Advertiser Content