Castform

Age 25
Male
Weather Institute in Hoenn
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
21,567 posts
7.3 Years
Apparently we are getting Pokemon that we haven't seen before so I fully expect new Alola forms. What are some that you guys want to see?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!

Age 27
Female
Seen August 22nd, 2019
Posted July 26th, 2019
Lapras... actually honestly in these games we could even see a Lapras pre-evolution that wasn't revealed before. Lapras Alola forme and pre-evolution Alola forme! Yessss.

Castform

Age 25
Male
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
21,567 posts
7.3 Years
Alolan Johto Pokemon, hopefully. Since this direct was announced with GS eshop simultaneously, that would only make sense.
Completely agree. I was thinking something along the lines of maybe a Grass typed Stantler, sorta like Sawsbuck. Johto has a ton of pretty vanilla Pokemon that could really benefit from an Alola form.

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen August 12th, 2019
Posted August 7th, 2019
21,061 posts
11.9 Years
There are so many more Pokmon that would benefit from an Alolan form so I'm all for this. As it's been said, hopefully we'll get some Johto forms with the compatiblity from the eShop titles being there.

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
5,010 posts
9.6 Years
Basically the pokemon who were left out that the Riddler said that we were going to get.

Other than those, I would really like to see some non-kanto Alolans. But Krabby and Kingler are my main hopes if only Kanto. And maybe Cubone and Execcute. Also Tentacool and Tentacruel and some other Kanto Water types.

And if it is Johto like you all think, Phanpy and Donphan would be amazing.

Castform

Age 25
Male
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
21,567 posts
7.3 Years
We might actually get Alolan variants of Espeon and Umbreon this time around.

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,233 posts
8.7 Years
Like Blue said, I do hope we get some new Alolan Forms of Pokemon other than 1st Gen. We did get new Mega Evolutions in OR/AS that X/Y didn't have so I'm pretty sure they could pull that with Alolan Forms too.
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/

Salzorrah

grassium Z

Age 22
Female
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted July 15th, 2019
6,372 posts
8.9 Years
#alolanBellossom

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
5,010 posts
9.6 Years
We might actually get Alolan variants of Espeon and Umbreon this time around.
I don't think they would give Espeon and Umbreon one, not without the others. Plus I think that would ruin the balance of the Eeveelutions. But I could see why.

I am also expecting a 3rd form of Lycanroc.

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 22
Male
That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Seen October 8th, 2019
Posted October 8th, 2019
10,789 posts
5.8 Years
Maybe we can finally see that dark type Luxray now. It's all I'm asking for.

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 24
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
4,247 posts
7.6 Years
Alolan Tropius would be cool to see :D And I'd really like to see an Alolan Sunflora. Pokemon that could turn out quite differently and more powerful under the Alolan sun I would assume.

Hikamaru

Age 27
Female
Australia
Seen January 24th, 2019
Posted September 4th, 2018
50,233 posts
8.7 Years
Maybe we can finally see that dark type Luxray now. It's all I'm asking for.
The Shinx line was obtainable via Island Scan in Sun & Moon, so it could be interesting if it gets added in the Dex expansion. But yes, Electric/Dark Alolan Luxray please!
Gone forever for personal reasons.
Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/
Age 28
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
2,334 posts
11.5 Years
Since it seems like these games could be based in alternate Alola. I could see new Alolan Pokemon being possible. Would it be too much to ask for some Alolan forms that aren't gen 1 Pokemon? :p

Although I was also thinking it probably also meant that because it's an alternate version of Alola, it'll have a different selection of Pokemon native to it this time around. I'm actually pretty excited for that because outside of gen 7 Pokemon I wasn't all that into the selection of older Pokemon Alola had.
Looking for X & Y friends, friend code is: 2964-8571-0102
Send me a pm if you add me.

Rainbow

Age 20
Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,720 posts
9.5 Years
I need my Alolan Xatu game freak pls

Spyro

Seen October 5th, 2018
Posted July 26th, 2018
2,379 posts
3.9 Years
Alolan Girafarig! Alolan Stantler! Alolan Gen 2 Pokmon in general omgomgomg
Fairy type Celebi, too! (And finally a Shiny one, maybe?)

Radiating

Male
Minnesota
Seen May 25th, 2019
Posted December 21st, 2018
5,787 posts
2.8 Years
Alolan Gardevoir is something that'd be interesting to see.

They could make multiple colours and types like Oricorio.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Age 25
Male
Oregon
Seen September 24th, 2018
Posted July 3rd, 2018
17,521 posts
9.6 Years
Alolan Vileplume and/or Bellossom so we might finally get a Grass/Fire Pokemon. Bellossom fits Alola perfectly so needs an Alola form.
The fact that it fits Alola perfectly might actually make it less likely to have an Alola form. Only thing I can see them do it make Bellossom taller (it is pretty small) and maybe add some leaves to their hands.
I'm currently working on some novels. If you're interested you can read them here:
https://www.wattpad.com/user/ImperialSun

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...

Age 26
Male
Takoabe Town (Region Thonsu)
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
1,348 posts
11.4 Years
In my opinion. I look so close to new Alolan legends formes. And... I found sorta connection between KYUREM formes and That formes. What I mean. I'm 90% sure that Necrozma formes can work dirrectly like Kyurem Formes. Why?
1. Mostly bodyparts are from oryginal Pokemon.
2. Corrless Apperance is not to be random in my opinion. DNA LINKER PIN may be used on the Necrozma.
3. What if we can seen GLADION and Sun/moon hero as two new "Heroes of regiion" Lusamine can act like Ghetsis
- My new Project comming Soon

Eruption

Age 24
Male
North East England
Seen December 15th, 2017
Posted November 17th, 2017
6,320 posts
13.5 Years
Here is my way of trying to guess what the new Alolan forms could be, based on the type of rules I think Game Freak would set themselves.

The first rule is that they will only select Johto pokmon.

Spoiler:
This first available pool of pokmon is taken from all of the species that originate from Johto that aren't already in the Alolan dex. This is operating under the presumption that the pokmon already in the Alolan dex have no need to adapt to the environment and therefore don't need an Alolan form. I also removed starters and legendaries as they seem unlikely to get Alolan forms.

In this stage, I eliminate all those who evolve into or from a pokmon from another generation (e) and all those who have a mega evolution (m).

- Sentret , Furret // Hoothoot , Noctowl // Togepi (e), Togetic (e)
- Natu , Xatu // Mareep , Flaaffy , Ampharos(m) // Bellossom (e)
- Marill , Azumarill(e) // Hoppip , Skiploom , Jumpluff // Aipom (e)]
- Sunkern , Sunflora // Yanma (e) // Wooper , Quagsire
- Unown // Wobbuffet(e) // Girafarig
- Pineco , Forretress / Dunsparce // Gligar (e)
- Steelix (e, m) // Qwilfish // Shuckle
- Heracross (m) // Teddiursa , Ursaring // Slugma , Magcarco
- Swinub (e) , Piloswine (e) // Remoraid , Octillery // Mantine (e)
- Houndour (m) , Houndoom (m) // Kingdra (e) // Phanpy , Donphan
- Stantler // Tyrogue (e) , Hitmontop (e) // Smoochum (e)
- Larvitar , Pupitar , Tyranitar (m)

This leaves you with this as a potential pool of 29 pokmon for new alolan forms.

Spoiler:

Logically, Game Freak will cut the number down to either around the same amount of the original Alolan forms (18) or perhaps even fewer because fewer pokmon originate in Johto.

To cut down to this number, I've tried to consider a variety of factors including the pokmon's marketability, competitive usability (and competitive potential with a few changes) and finally I searched 'Alolan ____' into google images to see if any good concept art was available, if it wasn't then logically that pokmon is either difficult to redesign or overlooked so much that there is little reason to make an alolan form for it.

- Sentret , Furret (Having already seen Rattata and Raticate receive Alolan forms, this seems like a logical inclusion. If GF is being lazy they can just make them dark like Rattata & Meowth, but hopefully a better idea would emerge)

- Hoothoot , Noctowl (I think there's a fair bit of potential here. A lot of reasonably good concept art seems to position Noctowl as an Ice type, I think it would be good as a pokmon at Mount Lanakila. Noctowl is also well remembered as one of Ash's pokmon from the anim which swings in its favour. Perhaps Hoothoot could retain its regular form, but evolve into the Ice-type Noctowl when levelled at Mount Lanakila)

- Natu , Xatu (There is some fairly cool art on Google Images were Natu & Xatu look like disciples of Tapu Koko, perhaps four different Alolan forms for each Tapu would be cool.)

- Hoppip , Skiploom , Jumpluff (I think like quite a few pokmon here, this evolution line is often forgotten about. There is some reasonably good concept art of a fire-type version of Hoppip & Jumpluff, but I don't think GF would go for this one.)

- Sunkern , Sunflora (This would probably be a difficult redesign, there is an issue in that sunflowers seem well adapted for Hawaii. The marketability of these pokmon is also suspect, whilst any competitive viability would require a huge stat upgrade.)

- Wooper , Quagsire (I love these pokmon and would love to see them given a bit of exposure, but fairly similar pokmon in Barboach & Whiscash are already present in Alola. Perhaps Quagsire would not need to adapt.)

- Unown (I think GF would prefer to keep Unown as novelty pokmon with little competitive viability, also a difficult redesign)

- Girafarig (There aren't many concepts for this available. It might be cool to see a Moon-exclusive were the dark back half consumes the front and it becomes a dark-type, but I would imagine Girafarig will get overlooked.)

- Pineco , Forretress (These two have only ever been in the Johto dex. You can either take that two ways - 1) They're overdue an inclusion in a new game. 2) GF has no interest in utilising these pokmon. I'm tempted to go with the latter, but I wouldn't mind seeing them become electric similar to Geodude, Graveler & Golem.)

- Dunsparce (No chance.)

- Qwilfish (Probably also no chance, but I do like Qwilfish so that is a shame.)

- Shuckle (I love that Coconut Shuckle posted earlier in the thread. I do think Shuckle is one of the least likely of my inclusions to make it, but whatever it has a reasonable chance. It certainly isn't as horribly unpopular as Dunsparce or Qwilfish.)

- Teddiursa , Ursaring (These are the type of pokmon Alolan forms should be used to revolutionise, regular normal types based on real-life creatures. Dark type makes sense following the original game, but if they could turn Teddiursa into an even cuter Fairy type that would be cool.)

- Slugma , Magcarco (There is some cool concept art of Desert Slugma, so perhaps a ground type of that in Haina desert would be cool. These two aren't particularly popular, but I feel like pokmon of similar popularity (Numel, Camerupt) have been given special treatment in the past.)

- Remoraid , Octillery (I would like to see an Octillery which, in contrast to Corsola, blends in with the Alolan sea predator Toxapex and changes it colours to match it. A change of typing to water/poision and perhaps changing the effect of Octazooka to have a chance of inflicting poision when used by an Alolan form Octillery would be cool. The only issue with this is Remoraid's relationship with Mantine, so I'd be tempted to exclude it, but not Octillery.)

- Phanpy , Donphan (I'm not exactly sure how this line would adapt, but I think Phanpy and Donphan have great potential. Phanpy especially as a cute pokmon. I'm sure the more imaginative folk at GF can work on it.)

- Stantler (Similar to Pineco, this pokmon never makes it to foreign regional dex. I don't see that changing soon and Sawsbuck has already removed a lot of its potential options.)

tl;dr So following that logic, my predictions would be Sentret, Furret, Noctowl, Natu, Xatu, Shuckle, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Slugma, Magcargo, Octillery, Phanpy, Donphan. 13 Alolan forms sounds about right for a generation with fewer pokmon.

The only problem with all of this is none of those pokmon will bring the marketing hype of Alolan Raichu, for example. For that reason, I'd be tempted to say either no more alolan forms or GF will have no strict rules and give them out to all sorts of pokmon.
Advertiser Content