Advertiser Content

7th Gen Mimikyu

Started by HeroLinik October 2nd, 2018 8:02 AM
  • 12 replies

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...

Age 22
Male
UK, happy now?
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
828 posts
2.6 Years

Mimikyu
Category: Disguise Pokemon
Type: Ghost/Fairy
Ability: Disguise
Height: 0'08"/0.2m
Weight:1.5lbs./0.7kg

HP: 55 | ATK: 90 | DEF: 80 | SPA: 55 | SPD: 105 | SPE: 96

Pokedex Entries
Sun: Its actual appearance is unknown. A scholar who saw what was under its rag was overwhelmed by terror and died from the shock.
Moon: A lonely Pokémon, it conceals its terrifying appearance beneath an old rag so it can get closer to people and other Pokémon.
Ultra Sun: Although it's a quiet, lonely Pokémon, if you try to look at what's under its rag, it will become agitated and resist violently.
Ultra Moon: A gust of wind revealed what hides under this Pokémon's rag to a passing Trainer, who went home and died painfully that very night.

Considering the season of spooks is upon us, what better way than to start things off with everyone's favourite lonely ghost? Meet Mimikyu, an adorable, cute Pokemon that desperately wants to be loved to the point where it dons a rag in the likeness of Pikachu. What makes it worse is the fact that it has always been kept away from humans, and anyone who dares peek underneath the rag is overcome with severe shock, which is not helped by the fact that Mimikyu will react violently to anyone who does this. These two things, combined, make what could pretty much be one of the most tragic characters in the franchise.

In battle, Mimikyu is no slouch. Despite what its stats suggest, it comes with a unique ability, Disguise. This allows Mimikyu to get off a free hit without being harmed, and this can be easily used to gain a free move, potentially putting the player at an advantage in battle. Mimikyu also has other good moves to pick from as well, such as Shadow Claw, Play Rough and the powerful Wood Hammer.

What are your thoughts on this adorable Pokemon? Have you used it to great effect? Has its backstory made you feel some pity? Is it one of your favourite Pokemon? Let the discussions flow!

Signature banner made by tokyodrift.

3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187 | Switch FC: 5938-0388-8577
IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik | Let's Go Eevee: HeroLinik
My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me do stuff on the YouTubes

Zacian

刀劍 のザシアン.

Age 27
Male
Galar
Seen 46 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,364 posts
10.2 Years
Low stats though?
My Mimi has been a powerhouse in my team on Moon.
"We draw the sword with a clean conscience and with clean hands.."

colours

magical leaf

Female
the dream world
Seen 38 Minutes Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
5,500 posts
14.6 Years
While I've never included a Mimikyu in my team (for some odd reason) I've always appreciated its general lore. :o

I wonder if we're ever going to know what's under its cloak.

Pichu

#ThankYouGameFreak

Age 27
Male
New York
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
5,837 posts
10.6 Years
Mimikyu is one of my favorite Pokemon introduced in Alola. I think it is really unique... and somewhat cute?!

Percy

Male
Asia
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,987 posts
5.2 Years
ah, one of the most interesting pokemon of alola. its ability disguise is incredibly useful in battling. never got to use it on my team tho. my team was already full and I don't know where to find one. welp, maybe i'll use one when i feel like playing ultra sun

Tempestrio

Male
Shelby, North Carolina
Seen July 13th, 2019
Posted June 15th, 2019
7 posts
1.2 Years
I'm actually using one in my most recent playthrough of Ultra Sun. His name is Doodle, he's level 34, his nature is jolly, and he outspeeds almost everything. He knows shadow claw, psychic, shadow ball, and slash. Overall, he's pretty good and I like that he outspeeds most mons, and his disguise ability is lifesaving. All I need now is to have some recommendations for a held item for him. Any ideas?

Edit: Update on Doodle! He's now level 65, and he now knows Shadow Claw, Toxic, Play Rough, and Wood Hammer. He's holding a Mimikium Z and is my current ace in the hole since he's the highest level out everyone in my party.

Aldo

Male
Taisho era
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
690 posts
1.4 Years
Mimikyu is indubitably one of the best Pokémon from Alola ~

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn

Age 32
Male
Texas, USA
Seen September 30th, 2019
Posted June 22nd, 2019
152 posts
1.2 Years
I'm not much a fan of this Pokemon, since I perceive it as a bit too one-dimensional & hyped for me to have a sort of resonance. Though, I can certainly appreciate it's "general lore" as already suggested & role in the battling scene.
3DS Friend Code information
Wi-fi Battle Request Info

Social Media Handles
Discord SirSpur#1123
Twitter SirSpur
Instagram SirSpur
Gab.ai SirSpur
Diaspora SirSpur

Sheep

Female
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
27,255 posts
13.1 Years
is a cutiepie
I'd like to breed a competitive one sometime! imagining it with clothes of different Pokémon is just too cute too <3 seriously, a Mimikyu in Whimsicott clothing? Eevee? aaaaa
Advertiser Content