• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon GlitterGold (Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
what did you mean be passing on the game. Its yours and you shouldnt let someone else finish. The acomplisment alone will feel good.
Hmm...you're right. Don't get me wrong, I want to finish the game, but if the time comes when I can't for some reason, I'll probably decide to let someone else keep going, instead of letting it die. It's like what rm2k3kid did with Pokemon Liquid.

@Xaviar: That's weird. Hang on, I'll check it right now.

EDIT: Yeah, that's weird. Guess I'll have to upload it elsewhere. Hmm...I guess Megaupload'll do for now.

@Yuoaman: Sure, give me a few minutes.

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
Years
Well, if you need any help, I'll definitely try my best.

Are the later versions of the game going to use the beta as a base of sorts? Some games completely remodel after the beta release. If you're going to continue using what you have, I'll compile a list of bugs and stuff for you to fix (oh, goodie, I know. xD)

EDIT:: First of all, on the top-left screenshot on the first page, I think the ledge would look better if it had a lip that mirrored the ledge across from it. As it is now, the ledge looks kinda cut-off.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Hmm...you're right. I'll fix it up. As for the help, I wouldn't mind having all the help I could get. :) Plus, I could use some more error-spotters. XD

Well, so far, I've been using the same demo to continue from, but lately I've started going back to the old maps, fixing up things, like adding in the function to punch in the time instead of picking a part of the day. I just need to figure out how to fix it in the common event for the Day/Night effect.

EDIT: Here's the Olivine-area shots, with part of Route 39:
GlitterGoldScreens8.png

Last edited:

Xaviar

Years
Ooh, I see.

I'm not too familiar with Rm2k3... Is it very similar to the eventing portion of XP?

Xaviar

Years
RMXP isn't exclusively scripting, though. There's an eventing portion too.

On a different note, did you get that download to work? :)

Xaviar

Years
Alright, it's downloaded and ready to go!

EDIT:: Here's all the stuff I found.

First of all, the character moves too fast.

LAKE OF RAGE::

1. Something doesn't seem right about the chat box... The messages stop in weird places where text from the next line could easily fit. Also, the text can be hard to read.
2. The water autotile gets a black spot on the part with the white stripes, probably because a few pixels on the original file are wrong.
3. You need to make sure there are trees or mountains surrounding 100% of the outside of the map, except for if it is an exit. There is a bald spot on the right side of the map, near the guy talking about the Gyrados outbreak.
4. Is the Gyrados supposed to be facing left?
5. The signs are readable from the sides. While this is normal for many games... it might be more realistic if you made it visible from the front only. Not sure if you can do that in RM2k3.

Hidden part left of LAKE OF RAGE::

1. Ledge jump is too fast, try slowing it down.
2. Once again we run into the problem of a cut-off ledge (referencing the bottom ledge). I recommend that you get rid of the bottom row of the cluster of six mini-trees and extend the ledge all the way to the left-most tree line.
3. The CUT tree needs to have "Lock Facing" on so it doesn't look like it starts CUTting when you're simply looking at.

That's all I have time for tonight, it's already quarter after 11.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Nice screens Lance. And always keep in mind that all you have to do is ask if you need help. And I hope Pingu contacts you soon XD

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
For the character moving too fast, there should be a switch command that fixes it so he slows down during the intro. It might be the case that the demo I uploaded starts at Lake of Rage and not the Intro map.

I've always wanted to add a font from the Pokemon games, but I could never figure out how to do it. Some people suggested putting it in the game's System folder, which didn't work. If anyone knows how, let me know. Also, I usually copied the text from the original games over, only changing it if it doesn't make sense, is missing some grammar/words, etc.

I can't remember at the moment, but the Red Gyarados was facing left in the G/S/C games, so I kept it like that. I could never find a good charset for it, though, so I tried to remake the one from the games. I don't think it worked too well, but it was all I had, so I used it.

I made the signs readable from the sides, since that's how it worked in all the Pokemon games.

Hmm...in other news, after reading up on how 4Kids and PUSA edited the episodes, I'm thinking about whether or not it'd be a good idea to try using the Japanese names of the Gym Leaders and Elite 4. Thoughts?

Yuoaman

Years
I don't know... It's totally your decision, though I think if you did do that you'd end up confusing some people...

Xaviar

Years
Yay, another installment of my know-it-alliness... Sorry if it looks that way, I'm honestly trying to help, not belittle you. If you want me to PM them next time, I will... Anyways...

Map directly south of LAKE OF RAGE::
1. When you are seen by the PokeManiac that is farther away from the sign, the one directly below the sign is the one who gets the "!".
2. When you walk through the toll gate (not the one all the way at the bottom, the other one) and after you pay the toll and walk through the back, you don't come out at the right spot... Plus, the toll is 000. ;)

Non-ROCKET toll gate:: The arrow pointing out the southern exit is there even when I'm not near the door.

MAHOGANY TOWN::
1. In the house with the sign by it, after you talk to the experiment guy, the message window stays up.
2. In the other house, you can stand on the wall with the window by it. You can also stand on the top two squares of the table.
3. The ledge touching the right side of the gym should curve up on the right side instead of staying flat.
4. On the ledge closest to the Mahogany Town of the Ninja sign, maybe the ledge should be one square shorter on the right side. Otherwise it's as if the concrete was placed first, and then nature formed the ledge on top of that.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Heh, an error is an error. There's no reason to be belittled by them. Besides, it's like proofreading: you catch mistakes that the maker didn't catch. It's nothing. :D

Sorry for the lack of updates, guys. I actually PM'd Pingu about a week or two ago to see how he was doing on the CBS, but I haven't gotten a reply yet. Meanwhile, I started going back and editing the text dialogues from the beginning, adding the "blip" sound and editing the message-speed variables. Eventually, I'll fix up the Lake of Rage errors Xander pointed out above.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I have a suggestion.
Why don't you switch the project to RMXP?
There is a Perfect Pokemon Starter Kit for XP named Pokemon Essential.
It contain almost all system from Pokemon Ordinary games.
That's my suggestion.

You could see lots of old Pokemon Project being made in rm2k3 already switched to RMXP. Example : Pokemon NeoEras.
So I really hope the game was made in XP.

Yuoaman

Years
I don't see why he should have to, he has most of his basic stuff already made for RM2k3, and switching would just mess up his progress...

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Not to mention I kinda hate RMXP. I always disliked how I made requests for stuff for RM2K/3 (especially for the game) and posts about RMXP always overshadowed them. Plus, it'd take too long to get used to the scripting side of it, and I'm already used to RM2K3.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Well, the reason I've used the lime-green text from the start was because of my fanboying with Yu-Gi-Oh! DM's Dartz and the Seal of Orichalcos in my avatar and sig a few years back (that, and the glowing text effect that was around made it easier to see). Though now that I've moved on to GX's Haou, I suppose I don't need it anymore here. For the record, though, you could just change your forum style to one that's dark enough to not make the lime-green text a nuisance.

*Slight* Update
I've been going over the text from the very beginning, as I mentioned about 2 or 3 posts ago, to add that variable, as well as fix any discrepancies I had, like figuring out the amount of text I can have that'll fit into the speech boxes for the signs, speech, and phone dialogues. I've edited the intro, New Bark, Route 29, Cherrygrove, and Violet, though for some reason, I skipped Routes 30 and 31, so I'll handle them soon. Meanwhile, Pingu still hasn't PM'd me back about the CBS, and I sent the PM about 3 weeks ago...I'm really hoping he logs on soon.

Yuoaman

Years
Well I really hope you get in contact with him soon, I really don't want this project to fade away.

(And I didn't see anything wrong with the green text...)

Shadow Pingu

Pokemon Slayer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 29, 2009
Damn, havn't been on in ages but this is a promise! The CBS will be up by the end of December!
If its not you can kill me or something.

Anyway how many of 2k3 pokemon battle systems are there? Just wondering is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back