• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: I need to program in 1.5 boss battles, and find appropriate music for each.
And then Silph will be finished~!

After that I'll probably spend some time making up sidequests and stuff, so that the Fossil Lab and Saffron City aren't so hauntingly empty.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Great cant wait for the next update! Also excited about the sidequests and the new pokemon in Silph

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Weird, could have sworn I replied to your progress on an update. But anyway, another idea for this game, would probably be trying to incorporate some type of fan club? I feel like the trainer we "recruited" should get a mention now and again.

Dedenne1

Years
That's a good idea also what I've seen in many fangames is the people incorporating "members"/followers of the project as leading characters in the game or tough challenging characters. Also some use themselves as "the new champion" or one of the big leaders in the game. ;) always a fun idea to incorporate in the game

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Weird, could have sworn I replied to your progress on an update. But anyway, another idea for this game, would probably be trying to incorporate some type of fan club? I feel like the trainer we "recruited" should get a mention now and again.

I've been thinking some about the recruited Trainers. I know that at one point I wanted a sidequest where you find out one of them has betrayed you, and you have to figure out which one. A sort of "find the mole" quest.
But that's just one thing.
Otherwise, maybe each would have like a set of 'stats' for criminal stuff, and you would send them out to go get money/items/stuff, so they would disappear for a while and then come back with things for you.
Like the Chocobo's from FFX-2 if anyone has played that.

But, by fan club... do you mean like the fan clubs around Kanto, where there's a building for people to talk about how much they love so and so? So like, a 'break room' in the base where all the trainers you recruited talk about how great you are?

That's a good idea also what I've seen in many fangames is the people incorporating "members"/followers of the project as leading characters in the game or tough challenging characters. Also some use themselves as "the new champion" or one of the big leaders in the game. ;) always a fun idea to incorporate in the game

So, "SaltRoad" would be the name of the champion in-game, or some other really strong fight? I feel like that breaks reality some, and also is a bit odd for people who aren't following the forums closely. Mostly because forum names are very different from what people in a real world would normally be named, so it sticks out a little.
I'l think about it though. It could be fun.

Progress: Programming out the set-list for the third, gueststar member. Having a little trouble with making Rollout work in VX Ace.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Yeah, that was the idea I had in mind. Always thought it was cool how in the handheld games, Nurse Joy and the fan club members changed their dialogue, once you had fivestars on your trainercard/beat the Pokemon League.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
This looks like an awesome project. Hopefully this will be THE game that Game Freak doesn't want to deliver because it's 2 cool to be da bad guys/girls!

Dedenne1

Years
Well not actually that :)
What one of the games im working with did was have people say the name of the trainer theyd like (something realistic) and team levels moves abilities etc. and area to be found in based on difficulty and what trainer they'd be (bird catcher, fisherman, ace, gym leader etc. the people who helped out the most got like a role as one of the admins of an evil team or gym leader and the others who happen to just follow it a little bit got like fisherman. Just an idea of coarse in that game im Ben with an electric team and centered in a victory road like place and im one of the hardest to beat :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Yeah, that was the idea I had in mind. Always thought it was cool how in the handheld games, Nurse Joy and the fan club members changed their dialogue, once you had fivestars on your trainercard/beat the Pokemon League.

Yeah, after you get promoted, and start doing some cooler missions, the Rockets you recruited could say something about it. That might be a nice detail.

This looks like an awesome project. Hopefully this will be THE game that Game Freak doesn't want to deliver because it's 2 cool to be da bad guys/girls!

I'm glad you like the look of things!

What one of the games im working with did was have people say the name of the trainer theyd like (something realistic) and team levels moves abilities etc. and area to be found in based on difficulty and what trainer they'd be (bird catcher, fisherman, ace, gym leader etc. the people who helped out the most got like a role as one of the admins of an evil team or gym leader and the others who happen to just follow it a little bit got like fisherman. Just an idea of coarse in that game im Ben with an electric team and centered in a victory road like place and im one of the hardest to beat :)

Oh, as a reward for participation sort of? Interesting. I can see why that might be nice, especially because that's one more trainer battle that the game-maker doesn't have to come up with.
Is it a common thing to do that? I don't think I've seen it in the couple of fangames I follow/play.

Progress: I think I figured out Rollout. Just have to do the finishing touches on the curb-stomp "boss" battle, make sure all the moves work right, and then... Silph will be officially, and completely captured.
Also gonna run through everything from start to finish again, and try and find that Bite glitch...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
I was just gonna say how sad it was, that I couldn't stay alive long enough to replicate the script error again, before I was able to get it.

Dedenne1

Years
3 i know of do it im only in 1 of them though ya its kinda common especially for workers one thing that one did was have the makers headquarter in the game (like game freak) and u could battle the people that followed/helped on each floor others did gym leaders or ace trainers and such another ik of did a contest of sorts and put 5 people in.

Edit: Also support banner doesnt work for me idk why the only difference between it and the other ones i have is its a jpg

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Edit: Also support banner doesnt work for me idk why the only difference between it and the other ones i have is its a jpg

The HTML code on the front page says it's a .png though? Strange, I have no idea why it isn't working...

Edit: Progress: I am done with Silph! Rollout still isn't quite working how it's supposed to, but that's not a big deal for me right now.
I have to run through the game from start to end to make sure nothing weird pops up from the new content, try and find that Pokemon Tower bug again... But after all that, the update should be good to go.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

Years
I'll get it working i see the problem its HTML code for forums u use bb code all i need to do is type in the URL on tiny pic which ill do when i next edit my sig if u want id post both or just bb itll make it easier for some haha

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: Getting through the testing, and so far everything looks good. Too good. I cannot find the Bite glitch, so I only hope that I somehow fixed it accidentally during all my tweaking.
Need to re-test Cinnabar, look through the new stuff of Silph, and then everything should be good to go.

I'll get it working i see the problem its HTML code for forums u use bb code all i need to do is type in the URL on tiny pic which ill do when i next edit my sig if u want id post both or just bb itll make it easier for some haha

I'm glad you ended up getting it working! So... all you had to do was put the URL into tinypic, and that makes it work? That seems thankfully pretty simple.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Progress: Getting through the testing, and so far everything looks good. Too good. I cannot find the Bite glitch, so I only hope that I somehow fixed it accidentally during all my tweaking.

Not sure if you saw it, as I can't really see it either on my iPad, but in my post up above, I made a hyperlink on the word it. There's a pic of the error in the link.

Dedenne1

Years
Ya just plugged it into tinypic but the only bad thing is that the hyperlink is gone

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Not sure if you saw it, as I can't really see it either on my iPad, but in my post up above, I made a hyperlink on the word it. There's a pic of the error in the link.

Ah! I didn't see that before!
It's this section of the script.

Restore Previous Selection Position
def select_last
select(@data.index(@actor.last_skill.object) || 0)
end

Maybe... it's because that Pokemon is the only one that starts without any skills...
Hm. I will try to test this further.
Thank you for managing to get a picture of it!

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Awesome game, man! I've been waiting for a game like this for ages!

One thing though, at the very beginning, the Lass with the female Nidoran... It's a blue Male Nidoran. Just a minor thing :P

EDIT: Another thing, if you choose to lie to your Rival at Pokémon Tower, you'll end up stuck in an endless battle, since his Pokémon will use Normal attacks all the time and Gastly is the only Pokémon of yours that is unaffected and will remain standing in battle. There's no way to win or lose to him.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

Years

One thing though, at the very beginning, the Lass with the female Nidoran... It's a blue Male Nidoran. Just a minor thing :P

EDIT: Another thing, if you choose to lie to your Rival at Pokémon Tower, you'll end up stuck in an endless battle, since his Pokémon will use Normal attacks all the time and Gastly is the only Pokémon of yours that is unaffected and will remain standing in battle. There's no way to win or lose to him.

Thats actually not true i chose to lie and u just have to work through it and attack with ratatta and put them to sleep with ghastly also use lick with ghastly to paralyze although that part is hard its not impossible i got through it :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020

Whoa, you're right. Nice catch!

This should be fixed in the next update. Enemies, especially enemies you're supposed to lose to, should have a different kind of attack that affects Gastly. Sorry!

Thats actually not true i chose to lie and u just have to work through it and attack with ratatta and put them to sleep with ghastly also use lick with ghastly to paralyze although that part is hard its not impossible i got through it :)

Wait... Are you saying that you won against Gary?

Back