• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please help me with my team!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Please help me with my team. All constructive criticism is appreciated.

Pokemon 1:
Tyranitar Lv100
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Stream
HP:339
Atk:367
Def:251
Sp Atk:190
Sp Def:232
Spd:243
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 Hp
Stone Edge
Superpower
Pursuit
Crunch

Pokemon 2:
Metagross Lv100
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Clear Body
HP:318
Atk:340
Def:392
Sp Atk:273
Sp Def:267
Spd:210
Item: Leftovers
EVs: ?
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Meteor Mash
Thunderpunch

Pokemon 3:
Gliscor Lv100
Ability: Sand Veil
HP:354
Atk:226
Def:287
Sp Atk:113
Sp Def:186
Spd:317
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Hp, 6 Def
Taunt
Earthquake
Roost
Toxic

Pokemon 4:
Sceptile Lv100
Nature: Timid
Ability: Overgrow
HP:343
Atk:225
Def:200
Sp Atk:309
Sp Def:269
Spd:372
Item: Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp Atk, ?
Focus Blast
Hidden Power (Ice)
Dragon Pulse
Energy Ball

Pokemon 5:
Gyarados Lv100
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
HP:313
Atk:380
Def:182
Sp Atk:135
Sp Def:235
Spd:261
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 Def
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Bounce
Waterfall

Pokemon 6:
?

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2012
First off, where's Stealth Rock? It's the best move in the game, are you sure you want to give it up?

Next, on to the individual Pokemon.

Tyranitar
All leads should be able to set up Stealth Rock, prevent the opposing lead from setting it up, or lock the opponent into SR so that you get a free turn. Your Tyranitar does none of these. Furthermore, having a Scarf removes any surprise factors Tyranitar has - your opponent will see that Tyranitar outsped their lead and deduce it has a Scarf, and just switch in something that resists whatever attack you used.
Choice Scarf Tyranitar is not a bad Pokemon, but it certainly doesn't belong in the lead spot.

Metagross
Why Relaxed? You're not using any special attacks at all, nor Trick Room, so using a -SpA nature is strictly better.
I've never seen a quad-attacking Metagross, but if you want to use it, use Adamant, and stick a Choice item or Expert Belt on it.
Jirachi has higher Speed (which makes it better as a revenge killer) and Electivire has better coverage.

Gliscor
OK, standard set.

Sceptile
Any reason for using it over other special attackers, like Gengar, Starmie or Roserade? Overgrow isn't a good reason because you have no way of reliably getting to under 1/3 (i.e. Substitute). Gengar can run a similar moveset and has Trick to boot.

Gyarados
OK, standard set. Bounce is a good choice for crippling switch-ins.

Your last member could be Infernape. It has Fire moves for hitting Steels, and can weaken potential counters enough for the rest of your team to sweep.

Your team would have trouble with levitating Steel types (Bronzong, Skarmory) because you have no Fire moves. Other Steels not weak to Earthquake also stand a decent chance (Forretress, Scizor).
Rotom and Zapdos wall most of your Pokemon as well - those with Substitute don't fear Bounce's paralysis or Toxic.
Gliscor can stop setup attempts but Kingdra will walk all over it. If it DDs, Sceptile won't be fast enough to hit it with Dragon Pulse.

Lastly, unless you have a very good reason, make sure you include Stealth Rock. Gliscor or Metagross can sacrifice a move slot for it.

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
Years
I can try to help. My comments will be in BOLD:

Pokemon 1:
Tyranitar Lv100
Ability: Sand Stream
HP:339
Atk:367
Def:251
Sp Atk:190
Sp Def:232
Spd:243
Item: Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 Hp
Stone Edge
Superpower
Pursuit/Earthquake
Crunch/Earthquake

I highly suggest Earthquake on this Tyranitar, as it's too good of a move to not include. The move to replace is up to you. Looks good otherwise.

Pokemon 2:
Metagross Lv100
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Clear Body
HP:318
Atk:340
Def:392
Sp Atk:273
Sp Def:267
Spd:210
Item: Leftovers/Choice Band/Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Meteor Mash
Thunderpunch

The EV spread maximizes your bulk while still being able to dish out your attacks. As an alternative to Leftovers, Choice Band or Life Orb work well as items.

Pokemon 3:
Gliscor Lv100
Ability: Sand Veil
HP:354
Atk:226
Def:287
Sp Atk:113
Sp Def:186
Spd:317
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Hp, 6 Def
Taunt
Earthquake
Roost/Stealth Rock
Toxic/Stealth Rock

I highly suggest giving Gliscor Stealth Rock and putting it in your lead position. This will allow it to get off SR as quickly as possible. And with Taunt, you can keep other Pokemon from setting up their own SR.

Pokemon 4:
Sceptile Lv100
Nature: Timid
Ability: Overgrow
HP:343
Atk:225
Def:200
Sp Atk:309
Sp Def:269
Spd:372
Item: Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Sp Atk, 6 HP
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Fire
Dragon Pulse
Energy Ball

Not too bad here. Although consider HP Fire instead of Ice, as you already have something that works against dragons in the form of Dragon Pulse. And HP Fire can hit things like Skarmory, Scizor, and Forretress.

Pokemon 5:
Gyarados Lv100
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
HP:313
Atk:380
Def:182
Sp Atk:135
Sp Def:235
Spd:261
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 Def
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Waterfall

Earthquake is a far better choice over Bounce, as EQ can hit Gyarados's Electric weakness, as well as Steel types that resist its other moves.

Pokemon 6:
?

Hope that helped. As far as Pokemon 6, maybe a rapid spinner like Starmie or Forrtress? This can spin away your opponent's Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes.

And as Dude22376, a Fire type is gonna also be a good choice. If you don't like Infernape's frail defenses, then Heatran is also a good choice. It's also immune to the Sandstorm Tyranitar will whip up.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
First off, where's Stealth Rock? It's the best move in the game, are you sure you want to give it up?

Next, on to the individual Pokemon.

Tyranitar
All leads should be able to set up Stealth Rock, prevent the opposing lead from setting it up, or lock the opponent into SR so that you get a free turn. Your Tyranitar does none of these. Furthermore, having a Scarf removes any surprise factors Tyranitar has - your opponent will see that Tyranitar outsped their lead and deduce it has a Scarf, and just switch in something that resists whatever attack you used.
Choice Scarf Tyranitar is not a bad Pokemon, but it certainly doesn't belong in the lead spot.

Metagross
Why Relaxed? You're not using any special attacks at all, nor Trick Room, so using a -SpA nature is strictly better.
I've never seen a quad-attacking Metagross, but if you want to use it, use Adamant, and stick a Choice item or Expert Belt on it.
Jirachi has higher Speed (which makes it better as a revenge killer) and Electivire has better coverage.

Gliscor
OK, standard set.

Sceptile
Any reason for using it over other special attackers, like Gengar, Starmie or Roserade? Overgrow isn't a good reason because you have no way of reliably getting to under 1/3 (i.e. Substitute). Gengar can run a similar moveset and has Trick to boot.

Gyarados
OK, standard set. Bounce is a good choice for crippling switch-ins.

Your last member could be Infernape. It has Fire moves for hitting Steels, and can weaken potential counters enough for the rest of your team to sweep.

Your team would have trouble with levitating Steel types (Bronzong, Skarmory) because you have no Fire moves. Other Steels not weak to Earthquake also stand a decent chance (Forretress, Scizor).
Rotom and Zapdos wall most of your Pokemon as well - those with Substitute don't fear Bounce's paralysis or Toxic.
Gliscor can stop setup attempts but Kingdra will walk all over it. If it DDs, Sceptile won't be fast enough to hit it with Dragon Pulse.

Lastly, unless you have a very good reason, make sure you include Stealth Rock. Gliscor or Metagross can sacrifice a move slot for it.

Stealth Rock doesn't necessarily have to be on your lead Pokemon.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Stealth Rock doesn't necessarily have to be on your lead Pokemon.

He was trying to say that leads have to have a purpose, whether it's preventing your opponent from setting up SR, getting it up yourself, or just gaining momentum for yourself. He even mentions later that they could put SR on Metagross or Gliscor.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
Years
If you want your team overall to be quick battles (AKA. High Attack, High Sp.Attack), you should have a good fighting type in your lineup as well (Machamp, etc.) If you want a overall team that is good at surviving attacks (AKA. High Defense/HP) You might need a normal type with lots of HP.(Blissey, Snorlax, etc.) So it depends on what is overall in your battle style.

Back