• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WPC #27 - Recolour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #27 - Recolour
Hosted by: Logiedan
Approved by: Logiedan
Medal System activated

Theme: Leprechaunity

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for letting people down. I wasn't able to get to things on time and ended up delaying this further (the servers seemed slow to me for a few days, or it's my connection ): ). I must've been too much of a drunken moderoid to get this on time.

To celebrate the belated St. Patrick's day, this week's task is to simply recolour three Pokemon of your choice with hues/shades of green (white and black is allowed). You must create your own palette and show how well it can be used with different Pokemon. The Pokemon you choose cannot be green to begin with, and a good way to check is to use this link from Bulbapedia.

Also, you must hide or put a three-leaved or four-leaved shamrock in each sprite in some way, maybe make it hold a three-leaved shamrock or have it hidden in it's shading. This is an example of what needs to be done (doesn't really need to be in this format at all):

308l5av.jpg

Remember, you need to use the same palette for three Pokemon. You may add/remove the amount of colours. You don't really need to use the same exact number of colours the original sprite has, if that wasn't obvious enough. :s

Omits & Cases:
In some cases and themes there will be omits.

• Colours that aren't hues/shades of green
  • Pokemon with their colour categorized as green.
Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
  • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
  • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
  • No previously made work; original designs and concepts.
  • Please specify which image is your final.
  • You must PM your entry to Logiedan. DO NOT post your entry here. Voting will be done by polls the following week.
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: Unrestricted. Include all three sprites in one image.
  • Palette Requirements: 24 colours max.
  • Transparency: Optional (WILL NOT COUNT AS A COLOUR)
  • Animation: None
  • Other: N/A
Deadline:
Monday, March 25th, 2013 @ 11:59 PM

This thread is open for discussion of the theme and WPC in general. Good luck.

Last edited:

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Oho, that's an interesting one... It'll be tough to come up with a palette that compliments three different sprites. I would've included a rule that the sprites used can't primarily be green to begin with, though.

Years
Oho, that's an interesting one... It'll be tough to come up with a palette that compliments three different sprites. I would've included a rule that the sprites used can't primarily be green to begin with, though.

I knew I was forgetting something after I was busy finishing that example..

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Isentmyentry. Pretty cool actually, although I found at least five different shades of green to use. So no shortage of colours there. I intended to not hide the shamrocks in the shading, so yeah xD.

Years
Is ONLY green black and white allowed? Could we include small hints of other colours?

To be specific, green is allowed as well as some teal-green crossovers, green-ish turquoise is allowed as well. The whole greyscale is allowed including the pure white and black. Small hints of red, purple, yellow, orange, etc. are not allowed. If anyone would like to change their entry after just figuring this out then that's fine.

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
sent in mine! i guess this one will be a very crowded wpc :)

Years
There is about 30+ hours left to the challenge, all entries have been approved. Here is the list of entrants:

vaporeon7
Fenneking
Aryan143
★Hoenn★
blackmoonflower
kinataki
Discordant
GolurkIsDaBomb
Silversnk
ShadowMirror
Limanya

If your name is not in this list, please resend a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back