• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
i agree there was a lot of hype around sylveon but i think that was just to introduce fairy type not that its another form of eevee. i really think it would be good if we had another choice for eevee and i think poison or even flying (would be good to see it grow wings and it would look good in the anime) type to counter its fairy type.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
I'm pretty sure we will have another evolution , I'm actually optimistic that we will have 2 more, with the possibility of another new type

Years
I don't think there will be another one. As you may know there is a Pikachu short for the latest movie which is about Eevee and its evolutions. If these was another one I think they would have included it there aswell.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Dragon, Bug, Poison, Flying, Rock, Ground, Fighting, Steel, and Ghost...and if consider the ??? type then sure.

Hope they at least have 2 more, or all, if that's even legal. But those are the types that are left. I'm rooting for Steel, Ghost, and Dragon.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
I'm hoping for a dragon type, still, but I dunno whether I expect it to happen. They've so far come out in pairs since the first three, but Sylveon has had so much hype and has, as was said, essentially become Gen 6's mascot Pokemon. There's just too much focus on Sylveon, I think, but alternatively, another eeveelution could be planned for a sneaky surprise. Please let it be that. D:

I don't think there will be another one. As you may know there is a Pikachu short for the latest movie which is about Eevee and its evolutions. If these was another one I think they would have included it there aswell.

As mentioned above, Sylveon has become something of a "mascot" for Pokemon X and Y/Generation 6, so I'm doubtful of another Eeveelution being introduced... Not to mention that the recent special included Sylveon and the pre-Generation 6 Eeveelutions, so seeing a 'secret' Eeveelution being revealed while being absent from the first movie special with strong ties to XY would just seem weird.

However, I'm still holding out hope! A Dragon-type Eeveelution is probably my most desired at the moment (if not in XY, then at some future Pokemon game/generation), so that all Pokemon types that were considered "Special" prior to Generation 4 will have finally received Eeveelutions. Plus, it would likely look cool! :D After that, a Fighting-type Eeveelution would be my next choice (in Generation 6 or the future), simply because the purported name "Champeon" is so wonderfully punny!

I'm still anticipating a Light-type at some point (possibly), so a secret Light-type counterpart to Sylveon could prove to be interesting, if such a Pokemon does debut in XY...

I originally wanted Sylveon to be Flying-type (due to the name IMO suggesting sylphs/air elementals, or something of the sort), but now that the name "Sylveon" has been taken, I'm not sure if there would be a suitable 'Flying-type' name left for such an Eeveelution.

Dragon, Bug, Poison, Flying, Rock, Ground, Fighting, Steel, and Ghost...and if consider [S-HIGHLIGHT]the ??? type[/S-HIGHLIGHT] then sure.

Hope they at least have 2 more, or all, if that's even legal. But those are the types that are left. I'm rooting for Steel, Ghost, and Dragon.

LOL; it would have been amusing if Sylveon was actually revealed to be ???-type (honestly, I was getting overwhelmed with its type speculaton; and slightly irritated as well because the type's identity was held out from us for months)....all that pre-reveal guessing, only for us to be left 'forever guessing'. XD

Guy

just a guy
Years
Merging this into Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation, but at this point I highly doubt we'll be any more new Eeveelutions this generation.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
Merging this into Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation, but at this point I highly doubt we'll be any more new Eeveelutions this generation.

Agree with this statement. I have this big gut feeling that they'll give up trying to make Eevee look like a special little snowflake anymore.

Well, that's fine with me! I think we have enough Eeveelutions. I'll take a Ghost type and then I'm done with these overrated sparkle dogs. I'll accept some more, but not happily.

~Wind~

Detective
Years
this may have already been mentioned but im guessing there might be pre-evos for the mega-evolution able pokemon that dont already have one already, such as absol and mawile!

Years
My picks for Pokemon that I want to have evolutions are Luvdisc, Zangoose, Seviper, Scizor and a new Porygon evolution (carrying on from Porygon-Z)

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Eevee is one of the most popular pokemon. Just look how successful Sylveon was, having the most hype of all revealed pokemon (with the possible exception of starters.) I believe that Gamefreak will slowly reveal 1 eeveelution every generation or so.

Admittedly, types like ground or bug eeveelutions would be no where near as hyped as a ???-typed eeveelution...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
this may have already been mentioned but im guessing there might be pre-evos for the mega-evolution able pokemon that dont already have one already, such as absol and mawile!

I have to agree with this. This would be a perfect time to add pre evos of those pokemon, however I am not sure about Absol since he is only said to appear when there is a disaster approaching. But GF is GF and they will do anything.

On the Eeveelution thing, it is possible we will not get a 2nd this time, but do you keep forgetting that it is a Evolution and that it can quickly change with the enviroment. When they bring a desert and city based Eevee out then I will not care for any more Eeveelutions, but again it is one of the most popular pokemon and many people would love to see Eevee have a evo for every type.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 15, 2013
My Top 5 Pokemon that Should Evolve in Gen 6:
5) Marowak
It's stats could use some improvement, it is an interesting Pokemon overall. It has a nice story. For those of you who don't know, the Pokedex claims that Cubone wears the skull of its dead mother, lamenting her death, and Marowak is its evolved form who had overcome the grief of losing its mother. Maybe it could have a Ground/Ghost evolution, keeper of bones kinda thing, I can totally imagine that, sorry if I'm blabbing here lol!

4) Plusle & Minun
I dont think I need to explain this, they are both very weak in their stats. I just see a lot of potential in them. Maybe they could be traded for each other to evolve in Multiplun and Dividun? :P

3) Jynx
I always saw Jynx, Magmar and Electabuzz as a trio. When they each got a pre-evolution in gen 2, it was pretty clear to me that the three were definitely a trio. But in D/P when Magmar and Electabuzz got an evolution and Jynx did not, I was disappointed. I expected an evolution for Jynx in Gen 5 but noooooo. Hopefully in Gen 6.

2) Sableye
I realize it has no weakness and is OK as it is, but I think t here is still room for improvement. Giving it an evolution could make it a very strong Pokemon with its DW ability Prankster. Maybe remove that ability from the evolution then you'd have a solid, balanced and unique Pokemon.

1) Dunsparce
Normal/Dragon. I can see it. Its useless as is, and desperately needs an evolution. It could have the Magikarp effect..

0) Farfetch'd
Fighting/Flying. Same reason as Dunsparce.

what do you think?

Name

Moémon Master
Years
My Top 5 Pokemon that Should Evolve in Gen 6:
4) Plusle & Minun
I dont think I need to explain this, they are both very weak in their stats. I just see a lot of potential in them. Maybe they could be traded for each other to evolve in Multiplun and Dividun? :P
Iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Didivun and Multiplun are the most awesome names/ideas ever!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 15, 2013
I was being sarcastic about the names despite being serious about the evolutions, Dividun has a ring to it though.

Years
My Hopes for Pre-Evolutions & Evolutions

I absolutely love Game Freak when they start bringing older Pokémon back into the series by giving them pre-evolutions/evolutions - it completely refreshes them and gives you more of a reason to use them on your team. Personally, when they created an evolution for Rhydon, Magmar, Electabuzz, Tangela, Lickitung, Magneton, Nosepass, Sneasel, Gligar, Piloswine, Porygon-2, Dusclops, Snorunt, Kirlia, Yanma and Togetic in Generation IV, I thought it was such an amazing idea as it gave us reason to find, use and collect them again and I was really disappointed that Generation V didn't do this with Black and White - whilst I absolutely loved the new Pokémon, I was excited to see some of the old faces return with new evolutions or pre-evolutions. I really hope that Generation VI changes this and introduces some more.​

These are some that I think need a pre-evolution:
  • Tauros
    128.gif
  • Lapras
    131.gif
  • Scyther
    123f.gif
  • Miltank
    241.gif
  • Volbeat
    313.gif
  • Illumise
    314.gif
  • Mawile
    303.gif
  • Absol
    359.gif
  • Tropius
    357.gif
  • Cyogonal
    615.gif

Personally, I think that Tauros and Miltank should have one shared pre-evolution and it can evolve into either a Tauros if it is Male, and a Miltank if it is a Female. A baby form of Lapras would be amazing and really cute! A baby form of Scyther would make the Scyther line complete for me - THEY COULD EVEN CALL IT SCIKL!! (Ⓒ :P) Volbeat and Illumise need something to connect the two together. They could have one baby firefly looking thing that connects the two together and it evolves into Volbeat if it's Male, and Illumise if it's a Female. As Mawile now has a Mega Evolution, it's chances of getting an evolution are 0.00001% - so a pre-evolution would be the only thing we can get, same goes for Absol. Tropius already looks pretty badass, but a cute little brachiosaurus with one single banana or a seed on its neck would be cute! I also think that Cryogonal is a little alone by himself and he is too badass to have an evolution (plus his stats are too high), a pre-evolution would fit him well - a little snowflake, or a group of snowflakes that eventually form together to form Cryogonal.​

These are some that I think need an evolution:
. Farfetch'd
083.gif

. Pinsir
127.gif

. Jynx
124.gif

. Dunsparce
206.gif

. Heracross
214.gif

. Sableye
302.gif

. Torkoal
324.gif

. Zangoose
335.gif

. Seviper
336.gif

. Chatot
441.gif

. Cofagrigus
563.gif

I think that Farfetch'd is obvious. It NEEDS an evolution - pronto! Pinsir needs to join its partner Scyther and gain an evolution also. Jynx falls under the same category as Pinsir, it needs to join the Fire/Ice/Electric trio of Magmar and Electabuzz - they all have a pre-evolution, now it's time to give Jynx that evolution she so desperately needs! Dunsparce is another given and a fan favourite - it needs to evolve into something hugely badass and be our Generation 2 Magikarp/Feebas. Heracross needs to have more influence in the metagame and an evolution would make him an entirely new type of threat on anyone's team. Sableye is another one rumoured to have an evolution in this generation yet we haven't seen anything yet. Sabeleye would be perfect to evolve, plus its typing makes it a valuable member to anyone's team already! Torkoal needs some evolution loving and needs to be seen as more of a powerhouse. Zangoose and Seviper have always annoyed me - they have such an awesome rivalry, and this needs to be taken to the next level! Chatot needs to evolve into something more luxurious and elegant with treble clefs and musical notes flowing from its wings! Whilst this one might seem out of the blue, I've seen some incredible artwork of Cofagrigus evolutions where it emerges from the sarcophagus as a ghost-like mummy - this should become either an evolution or a Mega Evolution immediately.

Well, they're mine anyway. :)​

Last edited:
Years
I want a Dunsparce and Farfetch'd evolution so badly...they seem so forgotten...
I think Sableye will go as it's counterpart Mawile and will get a Mega...

I feel the same for pinsir, I always felt sad for it because it was outclassed by scizor and heracross.
I would be happy if it get an evo that will make it a good pokemon(since I was young it was my favorite bug type)

Steelix8

The Undertaker
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
I'd like to see any or all of these:

- Pre-Evo that branches into either Heracross or Pinsir
- Pre-Evo that branches into either Miltank or Tauros
- Lapras Pre-Evo
- Eevee Evolution (Prefferably Dragon or Ghost.)
- Farfetch'd Evolution
- Mr. Mime Evolution
- Aerodactyl Pre-Evo
- Jynx Evolution
- Dunsparce Evolution
- Smeargle Evolution
- Corsola Evolution
- Qwilfish Evolution
- Zangoose Pre-Evo
- Seviper Pre-Evo
- Tropius Pre-Evo
- Illumise Evolution
- Volbeat Evolution
- Spinda Evolution (Unlikely since we're already getting a panda Pokemon.)
- Pre-Evo that branches into Solrock or Lunatone
- Banette Evolution
- Castform Evolution
- Absol Pre-Evolution
- Luvdisc Evolution (Unlikely because wtf, Alomomola.)
- Pachirisu Evolution
- Audino Pre-Evo
- Basculin Evolution
- Stunfisk Evolution
- Durant Evolution
- Heatmor Evolution

blue

gucci
Years
I'd like to see any or all of these:

- Pre-Evo that branches into either Heracross or Pinsir
- Pre-Evo that branches into either Miltank or Tauros
- Lapras Pre-Evo
- Eevee Evolution (Prefferably Dragon or Ghost.)
- Farfetch'd Evolution
- Mr. Mime Evolution
- Aerodactyl Pre-Evo
- Jynx Evolution
- Dunsparce Evolution
- Smeargle Evolution
- Corsola Evolution
- Qwilfish Evolution
- Zangoose Pre-Evo
- Seviper Pre-Evo
- Tropius Pre-Evo
- Illumise Evolution
- Volbeat Evolution
- Spinda Evolution (Unlikely since we're already getting a panda Pokemon.)
- Pre-Evo that branches into Solrock or Lunatone
- Banette Evolution
- Castform Evolution
- Absol Pre-Evolution
- Luvdisc Evolution (Unlikely because wtf, Alomomola.)
- Pachirisu Evolution
- Audino Pre-Evo
- Basculin Evolution
- Stunfisk Evolution
- Durant Evolution
- Heatmor Evolution

I agree with most of this list, there are plenty of Hoenn Pokémon that deserve pre-evo/evolutions tbh.

Back