• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Professor Elm!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
100px-Elm.png

Like with Professor Oak in the Kanto region, the region of Johto has its own professor as well: Professor Elm! Elm gives you the choice between Totodile, Chikorita, and Cyndaquil.

What did you think of Professor Elm? Like him? Hate him?

Even today, I find Elm to be my favorite professor in the Pokemon universe. I think it has to due with playing these games so much in my childhood lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I'm kinda sad he never gets to introduce players into the world of Pokémon the way other professors do, on account of Oak welcoming players again in gen 2. It's a shame because he works so hard and helps to discover Pokémon Eggs; clearly his work is very influential, but that lack of involvement makes it hard for him to stand out.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
I'm kinda sad he never gets to introduce players into the world of Pokémon the way other professors do, on account of Oak welcoming players again in gen 2. It's a shame because he works so hard and helps to discover Pokémon Eggs; clearly his work is very influential, but that lack of involvement makes it hard for him to stand out.
Yes, Elm is definitely the underdog of professors. He didn't get much airtime or plot or relevance at all. I guess the gen 2 games were more like sequels where Oak still was the main authority on pokémon research, while gen 3 revamped the concept a lot in Hoenn with a completely new professor overall.

Personally I never was much for Elm's design or part in the game, but I did like his research focus c:

Back