• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

spasticbuddha

"You can't ignore my girth"
Years
Can someone please tell me if you can play Ruby Destiny on an android phone? I really want to play Ruby Destiny, and there are GBA emulator apps on the android market, but since RD is a hack,will it play them? and if so,how do I open the rom once it' s downloaded? don't ask me to just play it on my PC, as it is currently not connected to the internet :( I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this, but yahoo answers has failed me Ans I don't know where else to go.. P .S. my specific phone is the Samsung Galaxy S, if that helps

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Can someone please tell me if you can play Ruby Destiny on an android phone? I really want to play Ruby Destiny, and there are GBA emulator apps on the android market, but since RD is a hack,will it play them? and if so,how do I open the rom once it' s downloaded? don't ask me to just play it on my PC, as it is currently not connected to the internet :( I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this, but yahoo answers has failed me Ans I don't know where else to go.. P .S. my specific phone is the Samsung Galaxy S, if that helps
It should play perfectly on any emulator. I can't see it being a problem. Just patch the ROM and then send it to your phone.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2011
an idea hit me probably wont work but i should ask

i want to find out my secret id in platinum but i dont have an action replay so im wondering can i use my platinum and change my id number to what it shows on my real game and then find my secret id like that or no is that just troll logics?

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2011
Are you sure you haven't turned battle animations in the Options menu off?
Where can i find it lol.. I mean i tried everything, but they're still not visible.

EDIT: Thanks alot, i fixed it.. Much love <3 ;D

Last edited:
Years
I'm trying to play pokemon red on my Nintendo ds lite with a super card. Can someone help me by controlling my desktop for help? Thanks If you can help pm me with your msn messenger. In return I'll give you a shiny pokemon for helping.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I'm having trouble with my Pocket Monsters Yellow version. It's supposed to be in Japanese but every Rom I download keeps on showing it in crappy English. And I've been to over 50 sites and I still get the same thing. How do I get the Rom to display in it's true Japanese format?

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2011
Hello all! =)

I just have a little question, and since I couldn't find the answer on the web, I decided to check here in case someone could help me :

I'm playing Pokémon Yellow on DS thanks to the LameBoy emulator.
I'd like to know if we can hear Pikachu's voice on the Pokémon Yellow Rom ?
Because I tried several Yellow's roms and no one displays Pikachu's sounds.

Is there any fix or something you have to do ?

Thanks in advance for your help~

PS : I know you can hear Pikachu's voice on the original GameBoy cartridge, I'm talking abour the ROM file for emulators, since I see a lot of Youtube videos from emulators with Pikachu's voice.

PS2 : Sorry if this question has already been asked before! xD

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2021
help again lol someone each time i try to ips patch a clean rom each time i load up the rom its a white screen, yes i did flash 128k and i havest the newest visual advance game boy 1.8 version

Years
HELP! Need to fix lag in DeSmuMe 0.9.6

Yeah, friggin slow and i can't even get it to work in NO$GBA.
Even the patch codes don't work for Pre-Patch EXP.

Tell me the settings you have so i can speed it up.
MY SETTINGS:
3D - Softrasterizer, Uncheck all boxes.
Emulation - Enable Advanced Bus-Level Timing

So, if you say i should use NO$GBA.
What are the patch codes?
Fix Codes?
And how can i apply it?

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
I'm having trouble with my Pocket Monsters Yellow version. It's supposed to be in Japanese but every Rom I download keeps on showing it in crappy English. And I've been to over 50 sites and I still get the same thing. How do I get the Rom to display in it's true Japanese format?

Have you tried downloading from an actual Japanese website? Also, remember that many roms have a bracketed letter with them. Look for one with [J] in the name. That generally means Japanese version.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2011
How do I update Shiny Gold Beta 4 to the latest beta on my ipod touch without losing my save?

Last edited:

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
Years
  • Age 32
  • PA
  • Seen May 6, 2012
Maybe a total nUb question.. also may not be in the right place but.. I heard one can obtain a unique FC on an emulator.. if I were to trade Pokemon with someone with a rom/emulator version would those Pokemon damage my game at all?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
I was wondering if anyone knows how to properly play a Pokemon ROM hack using the NO$GBA emulator. I ask this because NO$GBA allows me to play Pokemon Fire Red at the same speed I get from Pokemon Ruby using any other emulator. If anyone could help me figure this out, I'd be very grateful.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I was wondering if anyone knows how to properly play a Pokemon ROM hack using the NO$GBA emulator. I ask this because NO$GBA allows me to play Pokemon Fire Red at the same speed I get from Pokemon Ruby using any other emulator. If anyone could help me figure this out, I'd be very grateful.
Don't use No$GBA for hacks ;) It's very unstable.
Use VBA for playing hacks =)

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
Years
Don't use No$GBA for hacks ;) It's very unstable.
Use VBA for playing hacks =)

No its not true
I am working on 2 hacks
one on fire red and the other on leaf green
though VBA works fine on the leaf green one but on the fire red one VBA dosen't show the latest changes whereas no$gba does.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
No its not true
I am working on 2 hacks
one on fire red and the other on leaf green
though VBA works fine on the leaf green one but on the fire red one VBA dosen't show the latest changes whereas no$gba does.
If you want to try your edits, no prob, if you want to play, don't do it.
Of course if you want to be angry for losing your progress because No$ crashed, it's your choice =)

Back