• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sapphire Surf - A Journey Like No Other! (Water Type Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Username/Nickname: Snowdrop/Skitters[/B]
Partner Pokémon: Riverlace the Suicune[/B]
Reason for Joining the Club: I like Water types, why else? XD[/B]
Top 3 Favorite Water Type Pokémon: Suicune, Vaporeon, Kabutops

Answer to topic: I'd Surf with Suicune, she can run on the surface of water so that'd be awesome.[/

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Username/Nickname: Snowdrop/Skitters[/B]
Partner Pokémon: Riverlace the Suicune[/B]
Reason for Joining the Club: I like Water types, why else? XD[/B]
Top 3 Favorite Water Type Pokémon: Suicune, Vaporeon, Kabutops

Answer to topic: I'd Surf with Suicune, she can run on the surface of water so that'd be awesome.[/

Welcome to the club Snowdrop, you've been added! I never knew that about Suicune, but that's pretty awesome!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
To answer the current topic, wouldn't it just be badass to jetski on a Sharpedo? And with that Speed Boost, you'd get faster and faster, whizzing around the oceans at the speed of light. Hell yeah, outclasses any old Blastoise jetski. As for diving, perhaps a Dewgong! It'd be fun clinging onto its back, as it swims gracefully like a mermaid. And finally, just riding up a waterfall on a Mantine, with the Darth Vader theme playing. Badass. :)

Snowdrop

Years
^ Oh it's you with the cute avatar!

I forgot to answer about the diving part. I don't like being underwater, it's frightening D: It'd have to be in shallow water, so I'd pick... Floatzal or Buizel, that way it can just inflate those little floatie things covering its body and we'd be safe! :D

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Username: atif
Partner Pokemon: Mudkip
Why I like water types: You NEED Water-Types. They are always useful through-out the game, and you have to teach your Pokémon Water-Type only HMs such as Surf, Waterfall and Surf. Most baby Water Types are so kawaii, and the big Water-Types are very bulky. Anyone who asks me which starter to choose, I always so go for the Water-Type. :D
Top 3 Favorite Water-Types: It has to be Swampert, Dewgong and Squirtle. :3

If you could Surf, Dive, or Waterfall on any Pokemon, who would it be and why?
It would be a Wailord. It would be so awesome sitting on that thing! You could sunbathe on Wailord xD
Yeah. You could sit there and not fall of. It's awesome going underwater on a giant Wailord :)

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Username: atif
Partner Pokemon: Mudkip
Why I like water types: You NEED Water-Types. They are always useful through-out the game, and you have to teach your Pokémon Water-Type only HMs such as Surf, Waterfall and Surf. Most baby Water Types are so kawaii, and the big Water-Types are very bulky. Anyone who asks me which starter to choose, I always so go for the Water-Type. :D
Top 3 Favorite Water-Types: It has to be Swampert, Dewgong and Squirtle. :3

If you could Surf, Dive, or Waterfall on any Pokemon, who would it be and why?
It would be a Wailord. It would be so awesome sitting on that thing! You could sunbathe on Wailord xD
Yeah. You could sit there and not fall of. It's awesome going underwater on a giant Wailord :)

Weeelcome to the club, Atif! Wailord all around hunh? Yeah, sometimes the biggest can be the best :P

It's been 3 days people! And we all know what that means... (or at least I think some of us do) Neeeew Topic!

What would be your favorite sub-type to Water Pokemon and why? The water type has had a second type to all except fire, so if you could would you prefer a Water/Fire Pokemon instead?

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
What would be your favorite sub-type to Water Pokemon and why? The water type has had a second type to all except fire, so if you could would you prefer a Water/Fire Pokemon instead?

I'll go with Water/Ground types. I like the immunity to Electric attacks that negates Water's weakness, and how Ground's weaknesses (Water and Ice) are balanced out by the Water typing. I'd say it's one of the best dual typings, despite the 4x weakness to Grass :(

As for Water/Ground Pokemon, my favorite is Seismitoad. With two powerful STAB attacks like Hydro Pump and Earthquake, or Drain Punch and Venoshock in case its Poison Touch activated, I really loved using her in-game.

Bob III

Person
Years
Username/Nickname: Bob III
Partner Pokémon: Skippy the Blastoise
Reason for Joining the Club: Water Pokemon are awesome. There are so many varieties of them (~1/6th of pokemon are water). They also have an amazing movepool.
Favorite Water Type Pokémon: Squirtle Line, Mudkip Line, Lanturn, Tentacruel, Kyogre, Gastrodon, Jellicent

Last edited:

Whyvile

Toot your horns
Years
Gonna go with Water/Ground. Water covers a lot of Grounds weaknesses, and Ground covers up Water. The only problem is the double weakness to Grass, but better than nothing :/

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd like to see Water/Electricity have another chance to shine. Chinchou and Lanturn were very cool Pokémon and I enjoyed using them, but they certainly weren't the definition of strong which is a shame given their unique stab at an interesting typing. They're such conflicting elements which somehow manage to intertwine together so perfectly - the Pokémon would be a walking metaphor of power and elegance if it were to succeed haha. What do you guys think?

Years

I was always a fan of the dual Water/Ground-types like Seismitoad, Swampert, Gastrodon and Quagsire. The typing itself has just a single weakness, a very crippling one to Grass-types. It does negate Water's most threatening weakness, Electric and that's a good thing since most have Grass counters (like Ice Beam and Blizzard) but not all have a good Electric counter.

As for how a Water/Fire-type would work? They'd have to think of something encompassing both elements, but I wonder how they'll pull it off. I mean, we've had some unusual "conflicting" type combinations pulled off like Bug/Fire and now Dark/Psychic.

Snowdrop

Years
Maybe a good (but probably not) idea for a Water/Fire Type would be a Pokemon based off of one of those underwater volcanoes, or those tube worms that can thrive in ridiculously hot water. Or, I remember seeing a video depicting the Loch Ness Monster as a water-dwelling serpent that could breathe fire so something like that could work as well.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Username/Nickname: Batto.

Partner Pokémon: Kingler.

Reason for Joining the Club: Overall, Water types are my favourite type. 9/10 Water Pokemon have so much character. From Slowpoke to Totodile. There all fun Pokemon. I have been looking to join a club for a while, And i think this is the one for me.

Top 3 Favorite Water Type Pokémon:
1. Lapras; Such a majestic Pokemon. I actually use one in my party. The fact that they are described as singing songs, using telepathy & Don't enjoy fighting really makes me pay attention to this amazing Pokemon. And for that. Lapras is my favourite water type. If it wasn't already taken. This would of been my partner Pokemon.

2. Kingler; Now, This is why Kingler is a close second in my favourite water type.
"Behavior: They wave their huge claw in the air to communicate with others. However, because the claw is so heavy, the Pokémon quickly tires." How amusing is that?! This proves my point on how water Pokemon has such interesting personalities. Not to mention that Kingler has the highest base stat in attack out of ALL water types.
This is why Kingler is my partner Pokemon.

3. Goldeen; Now, Goldeen would have to be in my favourites just because of its voice in the cartoon. The whole "Goldeen Goldeen.. Goldeen Goldeen!" Is really cool. & I use alot of Pokemon that use physical moves in game. So Goldeen is a sort of "EV training partner" As i clean out the pond between Ecruteak City & Mahogany Town. :)

Current Topic:
*What would be your favorite sub-type to Water Pokemon and why? The water type has had a second type to all except fire, so if you could would you prefer a Water/Fire Pokemon instead?*

Swamperts water / ground type is interesting. As it cancels out electricity attacks. Correct me if I'm wrong but i think that leaves it open for x4 super effective moves from grass types, So yeah. But still. That is my favourite matchup.
As for the water / fire.. It just doesn't make sense. If anything that would leave the game open for a brand new type "Steam."

So, Im quite eager to join this club. I will be looking forward to a reply. :)
If it would be possible. Could the Club manager like this post when he/she has replied?
As it would alert me quicker. Instead of looking for the thread. But if not. All goods.

Last edited:
Years
Username/Nickname:[/B]EpicPho3nix
Partner Pokémon:Swampert, Lapras,Poliwrath
Reason for Joining the Club:try meet new people, make new friend
Top 3 Favorite Water Type Pokémon:Swampert, Lapras,Poliwrath
If you could Surf, Dive, or Waterfall on any Pokemon, who would it be and why? I would to surf on the back of a Lapras to see the amazing enjoy the salt spary of the water look at the sky say wow..

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Username/Nickname: Bob III
Partner Pokémon: Skippy the Blastoise
Reason for Joining the Club: Water Pokemon are awesome. There are so many varieties of them (~1/6th of pokemon are water). They also have an amazing movepool.
Favorite Water Type Pokémon: Squirtle Line, Mudkip Line, Lanturn, Tentacruel, Kyogre, Gastrodon, Jellicent

Welcome to the club, Bob III! That's an interesting fact about water Pokemon, glad to hear it!

Reason for Joining the Club: Overall, Water types are my favourite type. 9/10 Water Pokemon have so much character. From Slowpoke to Totodile. There all fun Pokemon. I have been looking to join a club for a while, And i think this is the one for me.

1. Lapras; Such a majestic Pokemon. I actually use one in my party. The fact that they are described as singing songs, using telepathy & Don't enjoy fighting really makes me pay attention to this amazing Pokemon. And for that. Lapras is my favourite water type. If it wasn't already taken. This would of been my partner Pokemon.

2. Kingler; Now, This is why Kingler is a close second in my favourite water type.
"Behavior: They wave their huge claw in the air to communicate with others. However, because the claw is so heavy, the Pokémon quickly tires." How amusing is that?! This proves my point on how water Pokemon has such interesting personalities. Not to mention that Kingler has the highest base stat in attack out of ALL water types.

3. Goldeen; Now, Goldeen would have to be in my favourites just because of its voice in the cartoon. The whole "Goldeen Goldeen.. Goldeen Goldeen!" Is really cool. & I use alot of Pokemon that use physical moves in game. So Goldeen is a sort of "EV training partner" As i clean out the pond between Ecruteak City & Mahogany Town.

Current Topic:
*What would be your favorite sub-type to Water Pokemon and why? The water type has had a second type to all except fire, so if you could would you prefer a Water/Fire Pokemon instead?*

Swamperts water / ground type is interesting. As it cancels out electricity attacks. Correct me if I'm wrong but i think that leaves it open for x4 super effective moves from grass types, So yeah. But still. That is my favourite matchup.
As for the water / fire.. It just doesn't make sense. If anything that would leave the game open for a brand new type "Steam."

Welcome to the club, batto! You've given tons of input on Water Pokemon, and I love it! Keep it up!

If you could Surf, Dive, or Waterfall on any Pokemon, who would it be and why? I would to surf on the back of a Lapras to see the amazing enjoy the salt spary of the water look at the sky say wow..

Welcome, EpicPho3nix! I must say, I love the fact that you love Water types, but unfortunately you may only have 1 Partner Pokemon :( .

Years
Welcome to the club, Bob III! That's an interesting fact about water Pokemon, glad to hear it!

3. Goldeen; Now, Goldeen would have to be in my favourites just because of its voice in the cartoon. The whole "Goldeen Goldeen.. Goldeen Goldeen!" Is really cool. & I use alot of Pokemon that use physical moves in game. So Goldeen is a sort of "EV training partner" As i clean out the pond between Ecruteak City & Mahogany Town.

Current Topic:

Welcome to the club, batto! You've given tons of input on Water Pokemon, and I love it! Keep it up!

Welcome, EpicPho3nix! I must say, I love the fact that you love Water types, but unfortunately you may only have 1 Partner Pokemon :( .

then my Partner is Lapras its sweet and amazing water type to have

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
I know this might sound strange, but would it be possible for you to put a capital 'B' on my name on the club members list?
I think i have a slight case of OCD.
Thanks! :D

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
AAAAANOUNCEMENT!!!

Hey, there guys, your friendly neighborhood Surskit here! (See get it, cuz Surksit is a water spider and Spiderman's quote... ah, never mind). Today, I've got a few announcements to make - good and bad. Let's go with the bad first. Unfortunately, I won't be as active as often and will only be available Sat-Sun :( . But, there is good that comes from this! Not only now can any member make their own topic, but we will be a holding a Special event every Saturday relative to the Water-Type on Pokemon Showdown! I'm not positive what this is going to be, bu I should be able to get back to you ASAP tomorrow. Oh, and if you do wish to start a new topic, please refer to the newly issued Rules and the beginning thread first. Now... Jellicent F's and M's... N-N-New Topic!

In real life, how much do you actually love the water? Are you a great, or mediocre swimmer, or maybe can't swim at all? Even discuss how much you enjoy water gun fights!

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
In real life, how much do you actually love the water? Are you a great, or mediocre swimmer, or maybe can't swim at all? Even discuss how much you enjoy water gun fights!

I actually can't swim. I like splashing around in the water though, Magikarp style {XD}

I do like watching the water, if that makes any sense. As in, be near lakes and the seashore, I enjoy that. I can't stand it if the water isn't clean though, but I guess that goes for everyone.

As for water gun fights, that reminds me of my school days, there was a water pump in the schoolyard. We didn't even have water guns actually, balloons worked just as well. It was pretty bad when the teachers found us soaking wet, but it was worth it!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

I go swimming every weekend, both Saturday and Sunday! It feels great just swimming without a care in the world and the water just feels amazing on a summer afternoon. I'd say I'm an average swimmer? I kinda suck on the proper positions but at least I can work my way from one end of the lane to the other, using various styles (except breaststroke is unbelievably slow ugh). I can also kinda do somersaults and other fun tricks in the water, so that's always good. All in all I'd say I'm an average swimmer, although most of my life, I couldn't swim at all. :I

Ohh water gun fights. Love those things. We never really used guns but at our band camp ages ago, it was rainy that year so we couldn't go swimming. We improvised with water balloons and it was a ton of fun. Especially pelting it at the teachers, (good times, good times). Except kinda got hit in the face by a water balloon. It is still extremely fun though and its like a snowball fight except with water! I've played with water guns before and we all sorta pretend we're like assassins and try and dodge incoming water, while hitting other people. Whoever hits the most amount of the time, wins. Really simple but really fun. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back