• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Introduction of Shiny Pokemon!

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
An old topic by me, but looking forward to new answers. ^^ Have you ever saw those pokemon that come in a different color than normal that's introduced with a 'sparkle'? Those are shiny pokemon! "Shiny pokemon" have been pretty much introduced to the Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal games. These are pokemon that come in alternative colors than their original.

Note that these sort of pokemon are very rare to find, as they have a really low encounter rate. Nonetheless, have you ever encountered a "Shiny Pokemon" in these old games before (other than the red gyarados)? Have you caught any of these Shiny pokemon? What did you think of this aspect as a whole? Feel free to discuss!

Years
This is actually a pretty funny topic, cause when I originally played Crystal I had no idea what shinies were, but I actually hatched a shiny Togepi from the egg the player received, which I did not realise until a few years later, when I found out that the sparkle surrounding a Pokemon meant it was shiny, I'm still upset to this day that I could never appreciate that Togepi as much as it deserved.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
This is actually a pretty funny topic, cause when I originally played Crystal I had no idea what shinies were, but I actually hatched a shiny Togepi from the egg the player received, which I did not realise until a few years later, when I found out that the sparkle surrounding a Pokemon meant it was shiny, I'm still upset to this day that I could never appreciate that Togepi as much as it deserved.

Daw, that doesn't sound good. D; I hope you found the appreciation for it now? :]

But yeah, I didn't really think much of Shiny Pokemon at the time; I think other than Gyarados, I saw a shiny Stantler and a Shiny Sunflora, which were two pokemon I didn't really liked to use back then.

Back