• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, I've posted this at Serebii, but last night at around 11:30 PM, I ran into a shiny Zigzagoon while hunting for a shiny Torchic. Yeah, I was pissed when I found it, but I'm trying to look on the positive side. I found it pretty quickly on this ID No., so maybe it's lucky!

Everyone break a leg shiny hunting.

What is SH, Kratos_rage?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Uh... were you hatching or something? Because I don't see how you could "run into" a shiny Zigzagoon while hunting for a shiny Torchic... and quite frankly, I myself wouldn't be angry. As I said with my Voltorb, even if a Magnemite had appeared, it wouldn't have been shiny because the codes are different. (Unless, of course, you meant Poochyena or whatever. Or I'm forgetting something)
So take what you can when you can. This also backs up the "people who sometimes get 2 shinies in a row", and why I'm hunting on Emerald for Magnemite although I've already gotten 2 shinies from it: It simply doesn't matter. Maybe some IDs are better than others, sure, but that's now my least concern.

My SR Pokemon require more than a few taps of the A button... With Scyther I have to use the control pad, and if I do Charmander at the same time (which I have been), it's hard because I have to stop doing one handheld in order to SR another. So I try to time it exactly so I can stop during a pause where I can't do anything (such as "Bandit recieved the CHARMANDER from PROF. OAK!"). And I encounter too many Pokemon at once in Emerald to try and do it and a SR Pokemon at the same time. I could somehow go 5 for 5, seeing as I have 5 GBA game players (GBA, GBA SP, DS, DSLite, GBA Player), but it's too confusing and it will hurt my hands.

I'm not feeling so great. I'm sick to my stomach, and it's not because my grade tests are this week.
No shinies for me, either. But I'ma think I'm getting close. :) But I'm running out of time. Not for the contest, but for the month. I want to try and get 2 shinies this month, but I'm not sure if I will or not. I've tried all my targets today and decent amount. Even if I didn't get one, I inch closer and closer to it though.

-DDD

Years
Well, I've posted this at Serebii, but last night at around 11:30 PM, I ran into a shiny Zigzagoon while hunting for a shiny Torchic. Yeah, I was pissed when I found it, but I'm trying to look on the positive side. I found it pretty quickly on this ID No., so maybe it's lucky!

Everyone break a leg shiny hunting.

What is SH, Kratos_rage?
i dont get this part

anyway no new shinys lol good luck everyone and wish me luck

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Sorry for double posting, but me and Shido are neck-and-neck now, and it's going to come down to the wire.

Just take a look for yourself

One of my latter targets has been obtained, and I am now tied for the lead in this little contest, and I just might win it, because the future looks a tad bit brighter now.

fredlocks

150 POSTS!!!!!!!!!
Years

Hi just wondering how to join this club I just bought my ruby today and have allready gotten 6 Gym badges.

I have some other shinies on leafgreen including:-
  • Parasect
  • Manectric
  • and Blastoise *from an egg*

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Uh... were you hatching or something? Because I don't see how you could "run into" a shiny Zigzagoon while hunting for a shiny Torchic... and quite frankly, I myself wouldn't be angry. As I said with my Voltorb, even if a Magnemite had appeared, it wouldn't have been shiny because the codes are different. (Unless, of course, you meant Poochyena or whatever. Or I'm forgetting something)
So take what you can when you can. This also backs up the "people who sometimes get 2 shinies in a row", and why I'm hunting on Emerald for Magnemite although I've already gotten 2 shinies from it: It simply doesn't matter. Maybe some IDs are better than others, sure, but that's now my least concern.

My SR Pokemon require more than a few taps of the A button... With Scyther I have to use the control pad, and if I do Charmander at the same time (which I have been), it's hard because I have to stop doing one handheld in order to SR another. So I try to time it exactly so I can stop during a pause where I can't do anything (such as "Bandit recieved the CHARMANDER from PROF. OAK!"). And I encounter too many Pokemon at once in Emerald to try and do it and a SR Pokemon at the same time. I could somehow go 5 for 5, seeing as I have 5 GBA game players (GBA, GBA SP, DS, DSLite, GBA Player), but it's too confusing and it will hurt my hands.

I'm not feeling so great. I'm sick to my stomach, and it's not because my grade tests are this week.
No shinies for me, either. But I'ma think I'm getting close. :) But I'm running out of time. Not for the contest, but for the month. I want to try and get 2 shinies this month, but I'm not sure if I will or not. I've tried all my targets today and decent amount. Even if I didn't get one, I inch closer and closer to it though.

-DDD
Um, I was soft resetting on Emerald. You can encounter a shiny Zigzagoon at the beginning of the game like that.

I'm not the one that used SH, I coined "SRing". Congrats on your shiny Scyther, now I want one! I'm going to stick to Moltres for a little bit though.

And here I thought I could come in second. This kind of stuff always happens to me.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Congrats on the Scyther, DDD. As for me, I'm still hunting the same targets. I also just found out about Clefairy's "Magic Guard" ability in Gen. 4, so if I don't find one before I get Pearl, I'm definitely hunting it there.

(BTW for anyone who doesn't know, "Magic Guard" protects you from all attacks that don't do damage such as Toxic, Sand Attack, and ThunderWave. I reckon this will pull Clefable up from UU into OU :).)

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
No, it will not move up from UU to OU, it is WAY too easily outclassed and utterly destroyed there. It'll be BL at best.

Edit: OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS, I JUST RAN INTO ANOTHER SHINY ZIGZAGOON!!!!!!

Gawd! What in the world did I do to deserve this! This is the second shiny Zigzagoon in like 2 days with this ID! Seriously, what the ****...I was soft resetting for Torchic.

Sorry for not providing pictures, but you all have just got to believe me...

Edit: Another shiny Zigzagoon. Yes, this confirms it, my Emerald is frickin' lucky.
Excuse my language.

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
That's 3 in just a matter of days. (And I understand now; yeah, I forgot it was switched in Emerald. I've only played through Emerald once)

If you could've been able to catch them.... Yeah you'd be on fire, but seriously, even if you aren't, that's definately one feat and a half! :) While sucking all the way. >_<

Targets:

FR1: Undecided
LG: Charmander
FR2: Charmander
Sapphire: On Hold

Ruby: Here's where my trouble starts. I want to look sorta for a Shiny Duskull, but I don't want to trade and reset afterwards to set myself up for shiny starters again... so I'm not sure. I'm just going to focus on my remaining 2 targets for now.

Emerald: Magnemite/Magneton, whichever comes first.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I ran into another one at about 30 minutes after I posted that message, so it's actually four. It still stinks.

9:30 PM (EST, approximately 18 minutes after I posted this): Another shiny Zigzagoon run into. That makes five.

Last edited:

fredlocks

150 POSTS!!!!!!!!!
Years
has anyone taken notice that a new member would like to join this group.

I have posted b4 and i just want to the rights and wrongs thats all.

I already have 3 shinies and nearly finished ruby but the shinies are on my leafgreen which ofcouse since i swapped rooms with my brother i seemed to have lost it and recenly i found some of my games in HIS!! bag and denined that he put them there ... oops *offtopic* *ontopic now* it's just that a friend has refered me to this site and yea... PM me if there is any info i need to know...

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
Years

I already have 3 shinies and nearly finished ruby but the shinies are on my leafgreen which ofcouse since i swapped rooms with my brother i seemed to have lost it and recenly i found some of my games in HIS!! bag and denined that he put them there ... oops *offtopic* *ontopic now* it's just that a friend has refered me to this site and yea... PM me if there is any info i need to know...

Yeah we noticed but yeah has shiny hunter said we can't do anything about you until the co-owners come. Anyways i still haven't played my pokemon games so that means i haven't played them in about two weeks and a couple of days, but when i do start playing them again I hope I get a shiny.

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
I ran into another one at about 30 minutes after I posted that message, so it's actually four. It still stinks.

9:30 PM (EST, approximately 18 minutes after I posted this): Another shiny Zigzagoon run into. That makes five.

I do apologise FuFu, but i'm loling all the way to the bank on this one, that is without a doubt the worst luck i've ever seen anyone have, you know what they say though? the only bad luck is no luck, i just hope i never have luck like that.

I'm sure you'll get torchic soon, just hang in there.

Someone should come along soon and admit you fredlocks, it took about two days for me to be admitted.

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2010
Hi, I have 76 shiny pokemon.....but i only have a couple post here if i make a movie and show you that i have them will you let me in and make me one of thes amazing shiny pokemon cards like Aaryn?????

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Hey guys!

Do you remember me?
Well anyways, I was here AGES ago but have been wieghed down with so much schoolwork and things that I had no time to hunt or even talk about pokemon! Hell, I didnt even have time to check Serebii every day! Well anywho, im back and still hunting for that special shiny Smeargle, Congratulations to everybody that got a shiny pokemon in the past 100ish pages but unfortunatley I don't have time to read them :(

Yours faithfully,
~Willypiggy

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013

A bit of patience wouldn't go a miss ;) I seem to be the only active Co-Owner at the moment and I can't check the thread every second of the day XD

But yes, you seem fine, you may join.

Fenix287 said:
Hi, I have 76 shiny pokemon.....but i only have a couple post here if i make a movie and show you that i have them will you let me in and make me one of thes amazing shiny pokemon cards like Aaryn?????

I am somewhat uncertain of the quantity of your shinys, to have gotten them all legitimately would have taken months upon months of constant searching. Bearing in mind we do not count shiny's from G/S/C and definitely frown upon hacked shinys are you still adamant that you have that many? Aaryn has over 30 and i even doubt him.

If so what you have and how you got them would be a nice start. I'll make my decision based on your answer.

As for me, I've been hunting quite a lot recently which is weird, Sabeleye is level 55 at the moment and if i haven't found a shiny by the time he reaches 100, I'll move on from Mt.Prye.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Okay, well, earlier this morning, I found shiny Torchic! VenomX already knows this, but last night, 8 minutes after I posted my previous post, I ran into another shiny Zigzagoon. So that made six in one day, and seven altogether before I finally got Torchic. My shiny Torchic has a Gentle nature.

HP: 20
ATK: 12
DEF: 8
SATK: 12
SDEF: 10 or 11
SPEED: 10 or 11

This is all from memory. I remember all but the last two perfectly though. I'm really sorry that I can't get pictures, I don't know where the family digital camera is, and I don't have a cell phone.

Back