• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I like the battle system but i don't like this "old style".
If you're referring to the gen2 tile set as the "old style", I must say it makes me very nostalgic and sets this fangame apart from all the other gen4/gen3 fangames! I was actually really happy that DarkDoom3000 chose the gen2 assets to use.

On another note, I just finished the Beta, it was really fun and it was a great way to pass my free time. Only thing you need to look out for are the spelling mistakes here and there and the text being cut off by the limit of the text box.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
This has to be one of the most bizzare fangames I have ever played, while at the same time, one of the most unique, keep it up, this game only gets better and better.....

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2013
Dude I saved inside of xxLionHeartxx place thingy and now whenever I enter my save it wont let me move. Help, glitch.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Booya! I was hoping this thread hadnt died yet. First page even :)

This simester was a real pain. Barely got any free time. So i didn't have much progress in the last month. But now my first year of uni is over :D
Now I have holidays... 4 months of them. :D , so hopefully i can get this project back on track. Posting update in the next few days.

Thanks for the supports!

The credits are pretty slim, me being the only real person working on the game- so if anyone posts bugs or spelling mistakes, they get to be included in the credits, under QA(Quality Assuracne)

Last edited:

legoone

pepe
Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
i have a question how do we evolve a pokemon other then eveee because i have a lv 16 bulbasaur and it cant evolve

DarkDoom3000

Years
Oak called you when you first got a starter pokemon. he gives you an item called "Levla Stone". He transfers it to your PC, so just go to a poke center, go to the PC, select items, then select item pickup.

You'll be given the stone. Just Equip onto the pokemon you want to evolve. It doesnt get 'used up' if you use it. so don't fret.

It was just a far easier way of dealing with the level evolution system.

-------

9/11/10

UPDATE

Progress Update
The main thing is... ferreus mine is finally completed... after 2 months :P

Anyway. back on track- I've decided to scale back the project
Initally there was going to be 3 parts of the game,
First Part- defeating AIs, getting badges (50%)
Second Part- finding red and XDR (35%)
Third Part- in codeworld, final showdown with zero (15%)

I've decided that Version 1.0 (the full release) will only go up to part 1. To make it easier on me.
It will end normally, after defeating the champion, the path to the final AI will open. defeating it will be strightforward. It will also attract more people to the game.

Now, If i don't run out of steam, then I can finish up Part 2 and 3 easily.

for refrence, I'm over halfway done on part 1. :D
----------

Storyline Update
Originally, the AIs would hire Team rocket to kill you, but that didn't really make any sense.
Then I thought it would be fitting if Geovanni himself was actually the next AI. 2 birds. 1 stone. This leaves Silver(the rival) being the son of an AI.
not sure what to do about that. whatever. probably got M to create a son for him.

Silver turns to the darkside after you kill geovanni/CraToS

I'm gonna be starting that next.
----------

Map Update
Mine valley is complete. I decided to recolour the insides, to emphasise the metallic mine.
It looks nice. imo.

In the game, upon nearing the exit, a cave-in happens, team rocket tried to kill you by causing the rocks to
fall on you, but failed. only create a blockade

Still an innoyance though. Luckly theres a bunch of alternative tunnels that lead to the exit.
Unluckly, they're closed off. You'll have to go to the Miner from the ghost town to give you some dynamite.
To blow open the tunnels. You are only given 5 sticks of dynamite. You can actually get out using 3, but there lots of other tunnels containing items.
yay. So you must decide what is more important.

ferreusmines.png

----

Testing

Anyways, just wanted to remind you- you can help too! See any spelling mistakes or bugs? post them, and you'll get a spot in the credits :D

Also, any ideas for quests or features would be cool. Any difficulty changes that need to be made. Is leveling too easy? Is one of the bosses too hard. etc.etc. One of the folk said I should change Eevee forms HP change by percentage. And I did it. Another guy said attacks which target all enemies would be nice. And guess what- its comming in 0.3

EDIT: The Views...... It's Over 9000!!!! Over 10,000 actually. Nice Job!. More replies would be nice, you lurkers!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2011
You have commanded replies, so here I am. :D

Anyway, very nice. I like what you have done with the extent to the original RM2k3 battle system to make it look more pokemony. How the battles on your side could be set up more in a diamond form as well. like how the other team is set up, but I'm guess thats the best you could do, if I remember correctly, with RM2k3.
Defiantly subscribing and will help with the testing as soon as I have more time :D

DarkDoom3000

Years
^ Thanks. The hero formation is automated. I cant really change it without disabling automatic formation.

Update​
11/11/10

Progress Update
Im doing decent progress. I've decided I'll be polishing up where im currently up to. adding more events, sidequests and pokemon. I don't really want to advance with much mapping too much.

Media Update
EDIT: I made a video of the first 7 mins of the game.

Map Update
Just mapped out and connected Route 9 and 10.
-Route 9 is a pretty standard route. Theres a locked house with 3 padlocks. The keys are found in neibouring routes. Unlocking the house gives you a rareish item (leaf stone right now- may change at a later stage)

-Route 10 is rough terrain. Panphys, sandshrews and skarmories are found there. You can also find a corrupted phanpy that you can catch.

route910.png

Last edited:

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
From what I'm getting out of the video, you need to wait a bit before you can attack again? Aren't you supposed to see the enemy's healthbar? Also when Eevee evolves into let's say Jolteon, learns 'Pin Missile', what will happen when that Eevee evolves into Vaporeon?
Going on to the tiles, the house still has white at the edges. The mountain has brown edges too, on the first screen all the way down.
This might be the only game I like with old tiles. =P

DarkDoom3000

Years
13/11/10

thanks for the questions.

The battle system is actually the RM2k3 default battle system. which is essentially the FF4-9 battle system. Meaning you have to wait for your action bar to fill up. The upside is that you'll have all 4 pokemon out at the same time.

Health bars for the enemies... It's not really possible to do in the battle system due to pictures not being allowed. And there can be up to 8 enemeis at a time, so it would make it cluttered anyway. You can't really catch pokemon with pokeballs, so theres no need to worry about health anyway.

The different forms of eevee act inderpendently. They all have different stats and attacks. The only thing they share is level/exp

All the forms learn moves at specific levels.
Jolteon learns pin missile at level 43, none of the other forms get THAT attack. But they learn other moves. Flareon learns fire fang at level 43, Leafeon learns giga drain, espeon learns future sight.
So if one forms levels up and learns a move, it means that all the other form now have a new move too.

Applies to TMs aswell, if you teach one form an attack, the other forms wouldn't have learned it. Unlike level based attacks, the other forms don't get an alternate.

nice job poining out the tiles, ill be fixing them asap.

thanks for the intrest in the game :)
------------
finished up some more cave events. Gastly is now catchable. I'm currently making "cursed items" event. Will post full update tommorow.

Years
i have only played a litter and i will post back when i finish it but i got only two problems one the fonts for the words some time hard to see and two there are no options for the game like buttons and sound.

oh i forgot when i changed forms in menu i turned invaluable and could do nothing.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Years
Yeah- thats a glitch that happens if when changing forms, you select the form you already have. Just use the tetra element and choose any eevee form to get your eevee back.

check the help file included, it should exlain how to fix the fonts.
Buttons and sound options are locked by RPGmaker. so i cant really change it :|

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
I really like that factor. But how many moves can a Pokemon learn?

DarkDoom3000

Years
Infinte movelists. Theres no limit to how many attacks any pokemon can learn. :)

It's because Moves are treated as Magic from traditional RPGs. Theres really no limit.
Pokemon will naturally learn 10-15 moves. And theres (currently) 68 TMs. So you can have pokemon with a variety of moves.
Downside is that PP acts like MP. It's shared between all moves.

EDIT: A glitch in the current demo will mean you'll have to catch 3 pokemon (evolutions not included) for oak to call you and give you a Levla Stone (used for evolving)

69 awesomes!!! ... *giggles*

EDIT2: New Update :D

UPDATE [13/11/10]

Progress Update

Im hoping to have version 0.4 out in about 2 weeks. hopefully earlier. The jump from v0.25 to v0.40 doesnt mean it will be a huge content update. It just indicates my progress due to the storyline reformation. So while before I was a quater way done.

Version 0.4 will focus more on sidequests and content rather than story progression. I want there to be something to do in every town. more variety of wild pokemon

my estimates of total progress are..
Mapping- 50%
Systems- 60%
Database- 87%

Story Scripting- 40%
Pokemon- 50%
Badges- 60% (4/8 badges completed. 5th in development)
AIs- 40%

So around 50-60%
(but next version will be v0.4 - giving me 20% leeway)

Event Update

In the ~cave of the dammed~ you'll see a bunch of bones lying around. There will also be a path which is mysteriously blocked. If you talk to the village sage, she will inform you that there are restless sprits blocking the deeper parts of the cave. To calm them down, you need to bury the bones.

Anyways, after calming down the sprits, you gain access to the deeper parts of the cave- where a corrupted gengar lies wait. (it's actually the haunter that you fight earlier, but evolved)
catchinggastly.png

-----------------------------------
Feature Update

I used to have a basic day/night system for storyline purposes. It just used to change the time of day in a specific forest. The time of day would change depending on the number of pokemon battles (even = day/ odd = night) and was only used in the forest....
Well. I've decided to expand upon it. As of v0.4; you can actually use the Day/Night system item. By using it, you'll be asked if you want to activate the day/night system. doing so(and going to another map) will cause the map to go into night mode.

Its just a visual effect. But ill be adding some pokemon which can only be caught in the dark (random enemies won't change in the night though. just event pokemon) EG: a wild pineco can be found

globalnightmode.png

;) stay tuned for more updates.

Last edited:

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Nice! Update is cool, this progressing fast. Only a few days ago you had another update. But I think I'll wait till you got v0.6, or something before I start playing. Stopping mid way is not cool.
Also that corrupted Gengar, why does it says after the battle "Obtained Gastly"?

Back