• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Lucky Dip Watch Along

Years
Lucky Dip Watch Along
We've done lucky dips before. We've done watch-alongs before. Now, we're mixing things up by doing both at the same time. This is a simple enough process, everyone who signs up can submit up to five series released before 2010 and five series released after 2010 to our RNG pools by PMing them to me. Then, starting on the 1st of April, we'll RNG one of the submitted series from the pool for us all to watch.

We'll be alternating each round, first watching a show from pre-2010 and then one from post-2010. Unlike the standard watch-along format though, you don't have to wait to watch an episode each week or anything. Watch as much as you can at your own pace, then we close off the round at the end of the month. Remember to post your thoughts as you go so we can all discuss the show!

Participants
gimmepie
machomuu
MysticalNinetales
LucarioBread
Janp

Last edited:
Years
I have only one anime to add to the pool:

1st season of Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai that came out in 2010, so what pool would that belong to?

Years
Nice! Working!! has been on my to-watch-list for... almost 7 years now. So I think it's finally time to watch it.

Years
So, I started today. At first I didn't really get Souta... I still don't entirely get him. However, I'm willing to give him a pass because Popura is indeed adorable. Mahiru makes me kind of uncomfortable, because of the inherent double standard and because androphobia like that doesn't just develop for no reason. That being said, she's growing on me. So far, the show is fun and the cast is likeable!

Years
I just finished watching the first episode and I was confused the whole time. It as a tad boring but I hope the plot thickens over the next few episodes. I think it does have potential to be quite good. Popura is my favourite thus far.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
From memory I ended up liking Mahiru a lot. Avoiding spoilers, obviously, but probably one of the bigger strengths of Working is that despite its genre it doesn't set anything up just to be a joke. Every thread has a resolution and it doesn't do too much meandering? Usually when something is drawn out it feels like it came with some sort of progress, which is something I love out of a genre like this.

And as for me and my rewatch, haven't started yet but Somebody Else, the opening, is just as much of a bop as I remember. Hella memorable

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
When I first watched it a couple of months back, I was a bit mixed on it. The whole androphobia plot became quite stale to me, not that it didn't have any interesting moments (not to go into spoilers).

And as for me and my rewatch, haven't started yet but Somebody Else, the opening, is just as much of a bop as I remember. Hella memorable
Same and saaame.

If you're a fan of japan being japan, I recommend the clip of Nakata Jouji (Ooto's VA) "I'm working, human!"

Years
Just watched episodes three and four. Three didn't do much for me, but I didn't dislike it either. Four, however, was really enjoyable. So far my favourite episode of the show by a mile.

Years
Spoiler:

How's it going for all you guys? I just finally watched episode 5. I was pleasantly surprised to see there was actually a tiny bit of development at the end of it. Some of the repeated jokes are starting to get a bit old though, so I hope the development does continue.

Back