• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: G3T - Gen 3 Tools

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
as far as i know, no tools actually allow deleting of pokemon, there are various ways to "work around" it but that is a lot of work
but i must admit ive been away for a long time and since then this tool hexmaniac has been created so it might be possible with that, IDK

I am hopeful someone else will be able to answer this and either confirm or proof me wrong haha

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
Can anyone help me?
When I open G3T, It says "Error reading Table.ini file. length cannot be less than zero. parameter name:length"
I want to add new move with new type and that process need this tool.
(Thank you for reply.)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
The program can't find or access the ROM's respective .ini file.
Try opening the .ini file editor and see if it loaded correctly.
Also, make sure you extracted all of the files and folders included in the download file.
Also, make sure you didn't change the ROM's Hex code.

Hello, I'm pretty new to ROM hacking, so sorry in advance. I downloaded the Emerald ROM about 4 months ago and I've been playing around with it on both AdvanceMap and Gen 3 Tools. I went back and was reading something about Fire Red and Leaf Green having way more space to work with than Emerald so I wanted to try it out. I got Fire Red the same way I got Emerald and I got hit with the 'The .ini file for this rom is missing these data: PokemonMoveTables, PokemonEvolutions, PokemonMoveTables'. I tried downloading it again, downloaded Leaf Green as well and downloaded it from other websites and all left me with the same message. I'm at a loss here, so I'm just wondering if maybe yall might have a solution to my conundrum.
Thanks.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
Is there any tool like this or config for this program G3T that works with CFRU rom hacks like specifically Pokemon Unbound ? I want to permanently edit pokemon base stats and typing and abilities 😅

Last edited:
Years
I seem to have a problem within the trainer editor; the pokemon levels specifically... Changes in levels are registered if the levels are higher than before, however the editor doesn't seem to register lower levels than the original value, even after repointing the data?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 16, 2022
When I try to use any of the editors, it says: "the .ini file for this rom is missing these data: (different things depending on which editor)"
any help is appreciated. thanks.
I'm trying to edit fire red if that's of any relevance.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2022
It seems that G3T is not compatible with certain roms versions (like Fire Red version 1.1)
If it's not the case, then:
- Go to the menu > "?" > "Edit the .ini file"
- Make sure that the parameter "NumberOfMoves" is set to 511. (MrDollSteak's rombase contains additional moves)
- Click "SAVE and CLOSE"
- Lemme know if it solved your issue

Today I had this problem and it solved perfectly, I spent hours looking and finally found it.
Thank you so much for the great software and feedback.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
thanks a lot mate! i've only been using pge cause i wanted to change the name of moves but I somehow always messed my rom up using it.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 22, 2023
Hey! You guys are awesome and I've just started using G3T!
I've been checking out the trainer editor but I've come across an error when editing trainer class
long story short, I wanted to change a trainer class, but decided to change it back, but after it saved to what i changed it to, it wouldn't save back, giving me an error saying
Code:
Trainers Editor 

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue. the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit. the application will close immediately.

InvalidArgument=Value of "-1" is not valid for 'index'. 
Parameter name: index.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Hello, I'm new to Rom Hack here !
I have made some research and I wanted to try some edits using DPE and G3T. After I expanded my FireRed ROM, I have modifiied the G3T .ini to have access to all pokemon, but the moves learnsets are all misplaced and the new items are all buged.
Is there a way to correct this or maybe G3T isn't compatible with DPE ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
So I'm having a major issue with editing the trainers in Pokemon Emerald (BPEE 1.1 is the offset, I believe) and it doesn't show a list of every available trainer to edit. It stops It 02E6 or 742 in decimal. Is there a way to get the rest of the trainers and such to load on there, or is it Fire Red/Leaf Green exclusive? If it's the latter, I'll get another tool to use instead.

Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2024
So I'm having a major issue with editing the trainers in Pokemon Emerald (BPEE 1.1 is the offset, I believe) and it doesn't show a list of every available trainer to edit. It stops It 02E6 or 742 in decimal. Is there a way to get the rest of the trainers and such to load on there, or is it Fire Red/Leaf Green exclusive? If it's the latter, I'll get another tool to use instead.

Thank you.

Disregard - changing the .ini file size to something larger is easier to handle.

We should be set now.

Days
  • Age 16
  • Seen Dec 22, 2023
Okay, some are the japanese Pokémon ROM Hacks don't work at all. It does not support (sort of) [for instance the japanese ROM hack example is Pokémon Aquila 2, but it doesn't work...]

Back