• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So i just spent two hours making myself a shop in the trade forum. (It had a picture URL for the top of the page intro)
A message telling me that i had to wait for a moderator to approve before it becomes visible appeared. All well and good every site has it's securities.
I was just hoping by asking about it here the time it takes for approval would reduce as im sure i read somewere about someone posting and it had been weeks and the thread had not shown.
So i'm asking whats the general wait time and how active are the moderators?
I really do hope i have not made that thread without avail.

Any help and information would be appreciated any feedback from a Mod themselves would be highly appreciated
Though I'm not the moderator of the Trade Corner, all I can just say is that you need to be patient, and don't come posting here if you just submitted it. If you don't see your thread in 24 hours or so, then contact either Mac or tabor62 about why your thread may not be approved. They will see your thread, so there isn't a need to post in here immediately after making the thread and sending it to moderation cue. Same with other sections that require thread approval. :)

iTorchwoodi

Waiting for the right Doctor
Years
Though I'm not the moderator of the Trade Corner, all I can just say is that you need to be patient, and don't come posting here if you just submitted it. If you don't see your thread in 24 hours or so, then contact either Mac or tabor62 about why your thread may not be approved. They will see your thread, so there isn't a need to post in here immediately after making the thread and sending it to moderation cue. Same with other sections that require thread approval. :)

I apologize.
The message that followed my posting of the thread came as a little surprise so i wanted an answer to my worries as soon as.
Ill give it 2 days and see what happens.
Thanks for the quick response!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I've seen some people have animated pictures of pokemon in their posts, when displaying teams etc. How do I do this?

You would have to wrap tags around the link to the animated image. However, you cannot post links in posts until you have reached 15 posts, but that's a small, easy-to-tackle goal that you can reach in just a few minutes! ^_^

As a note when you reach that amount, to get the animated version of this link, you'd wrap it in [PLAIN][IMG][/PLAIN] tags, like so:

[IMG]http://www.pokecommunity.com/customavatars/avatar434515_1.gif[/img]

so it would show up like this:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You mean sprites? You'll need 15 posts before you can post URLs (which an image counts as such) and then you should be good. Just put the URL between the image tags, which are [IMG*]URL here[/IMG] but without the asterisk.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
Hi, sorry to bother you. I was wondering if you could help me if you know anything about Pokemon Roms. I have a problem with my games. When I got them in VBA and saved then came back to play it it was very glitchy and slow. The music was messed up too and it was going slowly when it worked fine on the first go. I also do not see the saved file on the game but the same problem happens. How do I get that to stop happening? I put it on Flash 128K. How do you save on them? I am using in game save. What should I be using? And do I need to unzip files? Do you do that by extracting them? Please help, I will be extremely greatful if you do. I am a beginner in this so please explain everything the best you can. Thank you.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hi, sorry to bother you. I was wondering if you could help me if you know anything about Pokemon Roms. I have a problem with my games. When I got them in VBA and saved then came back to play it it was very glitchy and slow. The music was messed up too and it was going slowly when it worked fine on the first go. I also do not see the saved file on the game but the same problem happens. How do I get that to stop happening? I put it on Flash 128K. How do you save on them? I am using in game save. What should I be using? And do I need to unzip files? Do you do that by extracting them? Please help, I will be extremely greatful if you do. I am a beginner in this so please explain everything the best you can. Thank you.

Hello there :)

Yes, you will need to unzip your files before running them. Some ROMs have issues with the in-game save - there is an alternative though! If you click the 'file' menu of VBA you should see a command something along the line of 'save state'. If you save the state, then you can 'load state' next time you want to play at the exact same point (you can even bypass the menu/opening scene).

Hope this helps. If you need more help then you should ask in the Emulation and Hacking forum - the simple questions thread is your best bet.

Years
I have a rom hack beta up to the second gym done and my team and I want to post it how do we do this? Also anyone with good scripting and good event skills pm me if you want to help I will tell you what it's about :)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Not sure how to post a video in my profile. I had one years ago before I came back but it's been deleted and I'm trying to add a new one the same way but it doesn't seem to be working.

The video link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOk3CpSaKs

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Heyooo

When you add a Youtube link to the field on your profile, you want to make sure only the end portion is inserted, which in your case would be MOOk3CpSaKs, so it looks like so:

Wvr8IIi.png

I hope that helps! ^_^

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Uhhh... Nooby question alert.

...How do I upload a sig picture? I tried earlier, but it's not working. Could anyone help me? :/

Edit: it worked, but it's a GIF and is supposed to move, but it isn't moving.

Either that or I'm going insane.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Save an image to your computer, upload it to a hosting site on the internet (such as tinypic.com or photobucket.com) and use the image's url inside a
insertimage.gif
A gif should work too and move. This works much better than "uploading" a picture to PC imo.

If this was what you meant?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
Save an image to your computer, upload it to a hosting site on the internet (such as tinypic or photobucket) and use the image's url inside a tag when editing your signature. The button for that looks like this. A gif should work too and move. This works much better than "uploading" a picture to PC imo.

If this was what you meant?[/QUOTE]

Omg thank you! The mods here are so kind, I'd be lost without them. I'm really grateful for your help! ^w^

If you're wondering why I cut out the little picture icon, the system wouldn't let me post because it was a url. Thanks again! :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 8, 2013
I'm not sure if i can or not but i would like to ask about the value of a pocket monsters card to see if it has any value. Where would i post that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back