• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Who hasn't played yet?

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Myself, I can't play til Christmas, because SwSh is going to be a gift.

In my case, the more I wait, the more hype I have to play it, because seeing spoilers just makes me wanna play more.

How's everyone else doing? Are you more excited the longer you wait, or less excited??

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I haven't gotten to play yet, either because I'm still saving money, sadly. But after Christmas, I'm going in for the attack and buying a Nintendo Switch Lite as well as both Sw/sh on the same day, so yeah. Soon.

The more I wait, the more I just wanna play, though.

Years
haven't gotten the games yet, myself. mostly because im concerned that, as someone who more or less cares for battling more than breeding, if there's really anything that these games would offer me aside from the usual battle tower clone/gyms.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm probably not going to play it! I don't have a Switch.

HOWEVER, if Sinnoh Remakes come to the Switch, I'm not sure I can stay away anymore. And then I might just add Sword or Shield too for the sake of the collection :3

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Same here, I'm getting it for Christmas. So excited 😫

Last edited:

jensmoking

Little boygirl.
Years
Me hasn't played:(.
I don't even have a Switch... I'm gonna gift myself Pokémon Gold for christmas, because I only have my gbc.

User Anon 1848

I think my new policy with Pokemon going forward is to wait for the likely third game or pair of sequels that hopefully works out any kinks with the originals and adds more content so I feel like I got my money's worth. That's not always a guarantee as we saw with X&Y but there are plenty of other Pokemon and non-Pokemon games to keep me happy anyway.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I haven't bought it for a few reasons.

1. I don't like what I've heard about the games
2. I don't like the designs for a lot of the new Pokemon. They look more blocky and multicolored rather then real animals
3. I only own a Switch and I don't like consoles, I prefer systems that can fit in my pocket like my 3ds. I originally bought it for Lets Go but am thinking about selling it. I could buy a lite but I'm not sure if it is worth it.
4. Too expensive, if I did buy a lite I'd be paying 20 dollars more for the game then I think its worth
5. I'm currently shiny hunting in gen 6, not sure I'd want to spend much time playing another game.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2021
I've looked up the designs because I opted not to buy it. I have the money but I don't feel like buying
a Switch just for Sw/Sh, which looks great, but doesn't include all Pokémon. That's the biggest issue for me.
If you're not bothered by that, the more power to you. I'd like to transfer in all the shinies I've gotten.

Starters aside, the designs and graphics look amazing! Love the theme as well.

Back