• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
New to the RolePlay section, hello. How you're doing?

Just wondering how often does people open up new RP?
Because I can't find any one with any spot open.

Well Hello, and welcome to the PC! For your question, RPs usually open up every 1-3 days, depends on certain variables though. Don't be afraid to look around, as there is mostly always a RP with spots open, it's just a matter of finding what you like.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Well, ok then, Imma work on getting a RP awoot soon.

I'm waiting :D

Hey, welcome to the Awesome RP Corner! We've got a lot of RPs open, you should check out the RP Lounge, the ones I know that are open are War between Pokemon and Humans 2, and Underground. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So I've thought of this really cool idea but I just wanna make sure it hasn't been done in the past.

Here's the idea.

It's kinda like a journey rp but the characters you play are normal human's from earth. Astronauts who on chance discovered the world of Pokemon while exploring space. Upon landing they are dragged into an adventure which will lead to many choices that will affect whether or not they make it back to earth.

This is just the start of my idea more is to come later

Darn you, I was just thinking of the exact same idea a minute ago xD wanna co-GM? ;p

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm getting the urge to join a RP again. Things in real life have calmed down a lot (and atm I'm home ill xD but that'll hopefully change in a day or two). But it really is difficult to keep track of what RPs have open spots and not... I want to play as a pokémon rather than a trainer, I think.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm getting the urge to join a RP again. Things in real life have calmed down a lot (and atm I'm home ill xD but that'll hopefully change in a day or two). But it really is difficult to keep track of what RPs have open spots and not... I want to play as a pokémon rather than a trainer, I think.

War 2 :D It has a few open spots, and you gotta fight for spots.

OH NO MOAR POKEMON

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I need to hang around here more, orz

Any RP recommendations for me? I've been itching to join another one for some time and I'm still working on that one from earlier o3o

Speaking of what I'm working on, how would everyone feel if I asked them to use this site for their character appearance? It's got a lot of stuff to choose from, and it's easy! /though to be honest it took me a while to figure out how to use it

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I think the people look a bit too weird and... weird. But for people who like that character thing I wouldn't care. But for pokemon RP's there's a ton of great things like that. There's also several other things like that for popular series.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

As the mod, I officially welcome you to the Roleplay Corner! WELCOME! WELCOME!! <:

If you want a sure fire way of open positions on a roleplay, the Check if your Roleplay is Accepted thread frequently is updated with newly accepted RPs, so they would always have open spots.
Other than that, you'd have to manually check through threads. Best way for that is to look through the OOC threads in the Roleplay Lounge boards and either check the first posts (usually, if the GMs are efficient, they keep their open spots on there) or just ask in the OOC.

I need to hang around here more, orz

Any RP recommendations for me? I've been itching to join another one for some time and I'm still working on that one from earlier o3o

Speaking of what I'm working on, how would everyone feel if I asked them to use this site for their character appearance? It's got a lot of stuff to choose from, and it's easy! /though to be honest it took me a while to figure out how to use it
Actually, I know Eeveemaster9 uses that site for characters too! XD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
There's a pretty neat Pokemon Trainer dress up game on DeviantArt for those of us that are not so artistically inclined to just make one from scratch. I personally like it, though the makers' terms of use are confusedly contradictory. It would appear she is alright with.you taking screenshots of what you make and posting them as long as you link back to the creator's page as a way of giving credit though.

http://hapuriainen.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-trainer-dress-up-125433419

There's also a version 2, but for whatever reason things I have produced in version 2 have looked odd, though I can't place my finger on why.

Regardless, the trainer dress up fits the style of pokemon better. Just thought I'd throw that out there incase anyone happened to be interested.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I know someone who uses that for LiveJournal RP characters :P The one I linked was also introduced to me via people on LiveJournal XD;

Also, been thinking of joining War II if there are any spots left.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I know someone who uses that for LiveJournal RP characters :P The one I linked was also introduced to me via people on LiveJournal XD;

Also, been thinking of joining War II if there are any spots left.

Yup, there are some spots left in War 2, as a lol LoL.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012
Hi, I'm new to PC and it's role playing style...so I have a few questions.

I know rpgs have at least two basic components: the actual rpg (plot + rping) and an OCC thread. Now I have two questions: in the OCC thread(s) do I create a sign up thread or do I create an OCC discussion thread to post information that is important to the rp, or can I just post it in the actual rp thread front with multiple posts on the front page.

Also, for characters description, are we allowed to link to pictures, or must we describe them only? Thanks in advance.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I know rpgs have at least two basic components: the actual rpg (plot + rping) and an OCC thread. Now I have two questions: in the OCC thread(s) do I create a sign up thread or do I create an OCC discussion thread to post information that is important to the rp, or can I just post it in the actual rp thread front with multiple posts on the front page.

Also, for characters description, are we allowed to link to pictures, or must we describe them only? Thanks in advance.

Some people create the OOC thread first for sign-ups so there isn't a lot of room taken up in the main thread :3 You can still create the RP first and have people sign up there with the OOC being the thread for discussion. And I don't see the need for multiple posts since you can always edit your first one ^^; (I hope this answers your question? XD;)

And for the second question, it depends on the sign-up/the GM(s)! Some people don't mind you posting just a picture at all; others want you to describe your character's appearance regardless!

---

Also, I have a question of my own: I'm actually thinking of just doing a typical Pokemon RP since the majority of RPers here are into Pokemon. But, what kind of Pokemon RP would y'all like to see? I want to create something atypical to the other RPs here, ya know? /then again, what GM doesn't want to do such?

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years

Actually, it is the OOC thread. XD Out Of Character. Yeah, I made that mistake when I first started out, no biggie.

An OOC thread is practically the Sign Up thread, the OOC discussion thread, and the informational thread all at once. You can also add the SU sheet and the information (as in the plot and stuff) in the actual RP thread, but for out of character talk, that goes in the OOC thread. Plus, it doesn't have to be multiple posts to post all the information; there really isn't a maximum as to how long you can post, only a minimum. Most post all of the information on the first post of the RP.

As for the character description, it really depends on the game master. Some hate using pictures, some don't mind it, some want pictures instead, and some want both a picture and descriptions. Before making a SU, I would ask the GM if it would be okay to use a picture if you prefer that. If they do say no, you would have to put descriptions.

Hope this helps and welcome to the roleplay corner. ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

It all depends on what you want. Personally, I post up an Out of Character and Sign Up thread join together (OOC/SU) in the Roleplay Lounge to get some interest and put up the In Character (IC) thread later on so that nobody puts any unnecessary posts in my IC thread.

But, take Humanum Familiares for example; the IC was posted first, people put their sign ups in it, the roleplay started and the OOC was put up later. So it all depends on personal preference. Some people post both threads at the same time too.

And yeah, you can post images if you want! Some game masters like to have personality descriptions too though.

EDIT: omg ninja'd x2

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2012
Alright, thanks guys. That really helps a lot.

But another question regarding the actual rp set up: I post the summary/intro/plot of the rp...but can I ask people not to post, but can I double (and possibly more post) in order to put out information (like characters that are officially accepted and whatnot) or is that just flat out not allowed? This question goes in regards to the OCC/Signup/discussion thread as well, as I'd like to post really important info in the first page of the thread, that way it is easy to access/and see.

I'm used to the format where mostly everything is posted in the front of a thread, and rps are allowed the exception to the "no double posting rule" as long as they are using it to spread out information. So, I'm just wanting to clear this up, as this would be easiest for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back