• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Introduce Myself? Wynaut!

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
Years
Feel free to groan :D I love bad puns. Even named my wynaut, Bekoz.

I mostly play the Pokemon games with my husband and son, but I also have a fanfic I'm writing for my son. It's a fun game to kill time on!

Anymore you wanna know, just check out my blog linked in my profile. Otherwise, don't wanna bore you/ramble on.

I'm here, hello, glad to meet you!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh, you didn't bore me at all. I love learning about the new members that come to this vast community. :D Welcome, welcome aboard!

So, I see you are a fanfic writer and a gamer too! Are you playing any Pokemon games right now? I want to get back into it and play Red when I'm not swamped with schoolwork right now. But I will agree it is a fun game to kill time.

And PC is also a time killer too! Whether you're bored and not doing anything, you can always come here and explore what we have to offer, like new game speculation, discussions on the previous games, as well as any creativity subjects you may be good at (like fanfic writing, we have a section for that)! Whether Pokemon or not, we have a section just for you. :D

Anyways, I hope you stick around, and hope to see you around as well. Feel free to shoot me a VM or a PM if ya wanna talk. :D I love meeting new peeps. See ya!

Saronai

PKMN Breeder
Years
Thanks!

I do plan to check out more here, a little at a time. Lots to digest for newcomers, but thankfully I'm experienced with forum use. So, that's not an issue :D

Right now I'm concentrating on Emerald. Until recently when I finally got a copy of Black and Black 2 (husband and son had their Gen V versions almost since they first came out), I only messed around a little on Emerald and my Pearl version. I didn't really like the female avatar in Soul Silver/Heart Gold so I told my husband not to bother picking one up for me when it came out. Then my son started telling me about the dreamworld after I had B&B2 for a few months (bought my copies just before the Meloetta release 'cause I WANTED her hehe).

Anyway, got me far more interested in finally playing through (want to finish them in order). I even got a shiny beautifly last month! Less play time than both my guys and I'm the only one with a legit shiny (my son had an AR for awhile) hehe.

Anyway, I tinker around in the dreamworld with only the first badge in BB2, have start up organized in Pearl, working on the 6th badge in Emerald now. My tinkering in the years since I got Emerald was mostly in level grinding and item farming with my zigzagoon team hehe, so it's going by pretty quickly now that I've decided to finally explore the rest of the game.

I do plan to circumvent being unable to grab my old pokemon until the end of the next game though. My son is end game in each generation, so I'll send them to his game and trade them to mine. My son is completely done with Soul Silver too so I'll just be borrowing his copy to play through before I hard tackle gen V.

My biggest love of the games though...finding the perfect nickname for every pokemon. I go wiki hunting and what-not for some of them, learn interesting things, discover a name I love, make up stories while I play through the game...

I tend to go overboard though so it makes me a slower player. I currently have about 10 pokemon still in the forest on both gen V games waiting for resets into awesome IVs. Just got my epic sneasel today (named her Mischief)! I was told a pokemon with 27 or better in 3 stats (especially since 31 is her primary) or 25 in all is considered epic. All I found on these forums so far is flawless. Wow to that, after all my resets I still have yet to see a flawless of any pokemon.

Gonna stop rambling now though, gotta go update my blog.

Which Red are your playing? The original gameboy game? I think that's the only Red unless you're counting Ruby?

Back