• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] New Move Query

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Hey there everyone, so today waht I'm trying to achieve is quite simple; take the move Gastro Acid, and make it hit all Pokemon on the field as well as the user. This is what I have in the PBS:

Code:
649,SUPPRESS,Suppress,068,0,DARK,Status,100,5,0,20,-1,bce,"The user channels a suppresive energy that makes all abilities unusable. It always moves last."

And that, to me at least, all seems fine. I get this issue however, whenever the move is used:

Code:
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
---------------------------
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: NoMethodError

PokeBattle_MoveEffects:2858:in `pbEffect'

PokeBattle_Battler:3157:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3156:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:3156:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:3389:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battler:3388:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:3388:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battle:2834:in `pbAttackPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2831:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:2831:in `pbAttackPhase'

Can anyone help out with what the potential issue may be? Again, many thanks for any help!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 14, 2021
Odd. The move was added to my game just fine.

Is the ID of the move unique? Did you add a proper line break after the previous move entry?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Hey yeah it added to the game fine, and all the scripts seem to be in order. The error in question only occurs when the move is used in battle, which confuses me aha

Back