• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the hardest ROM hack that you ever played?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 3, 2021
Hardest rom hack ive ever completed would be Firered Omega(yet again i didnt have that much of a hard time on it.) Although the best accomplishment ive ever done in a rom hack would be defeating Norman in expert emerald(damn he was hard)

cscof

pretty coolish guy
Years
dark rising is ridonculous, especially since i dont ev/iv pokemon, and just pick what i want, and not necessarily the best ones

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 18, 2015
Pokemon Ash grey was really difficult, but I think that was mainly because I had trouble finding the triggers for various events. ex. I didnt realize you had to fall into the river after the spearow attack and wondered for an hour.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
No doubt Dark Rising. I don't mind a little difficulty but that is just crazy. But, after completing the first one every other game is now easy. Except, now there is Dark Rising 2...

Years
  • Age 71
  • Seen Oct 9, 2014
Dark Rising; Never completed it as the level gain was asinine. I mean I like a challenge but level 99 trainers before the final gym is just that, asinine.

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Putting this out there, Crystal Kaizo or the latest update of Blue Kaizo. You can't use revives during battle, and its difficulty is the closest to the Round 2 Pokemon Stadium games. Dark Rising has high level, atrocious level curves, horrible grinding, and uber legendary pokemon and fakemons, but the regular trainers and villain team grunts are still pathetic even with their high levels. Crystal Kaizo versions has Kaizo Whitney. It has high levels, but a good level curve, but that also means the wild pokemon can kill you as effectively as Dark Rising NPC trainers if you are careless. And the regular trainers and bosses are much stronger in terms of movesets, item usage, and rosters, and in Crystal Kaizo's case, much smarter. You will be pushed to the limit at some point, though no fakemons, or high level jumps unless there is a joke fight.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 3, 2018
I would say TPP Version (especially in a nuzlocke, which coincidentally I have attempted and beaten), which coincidentally I had a hand in making, but gen 1 has so many problems that it's laughably easy.

The real answer is probably Crystal Kaizo.

Years
Not that far into it as of now, but I'll go ahead and say that Snakewood is the hardest I've played. I realized that Baltoy was a terrible choice for a starter within 10 minutes into the game; some training had to be done to even beat the first battle with Alicia. After a plague of type disadvantages in almost every encounter, I decided to catch a Pikachu at Petalburg Woods and level it up enough to defeat the notorious "Legless floating corpse." I'm training my 'mons until they're leveled enough to take on the zombies at Rustboro.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 16, 2016
Look everybody it is safe to say that the dark rising series is the hardest rom hacks ever since all of them have a troll factor in them.
DR1,2 and worlds collide have high leveling and the fact that dark chaos is in the game whick will kill all your pokemon unless there dark types.And you cant even use it.
And in DR order destroyed, there are no pokecenters or marts and you have to scavenge for items.Also, you cant ctach pokemon as you only find them before the apocalypse occured.
>_>:)

Years
Vega is the hardest hack i've played. I had to admit that I cheated to beat it, so I'm looking forward to beat it legally in my next run :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 27, 2022
For me it's Touhoumon Another world. It's due to the reason you'll fight Touhou trainers with Z-Boneka(which could be classed as in between Primal reversion and Mega evolved stat Pokémon) and you are handicapped with not obtaining these fabled Z bonekas until postgame.

Not only that, the Zboneka moveset are pretty much well combined.

Back