• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reforming The Prism League

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Thank you Aggrojag - and with that, it's back to you for your second pick Oblivion Wing! And after you do that, we'll just be open for business. And I'll start spreading the word, posting in other forums / sections of this forum, etc to get the word out (hopefully along with some other people doing the same).

So in the meantime, we should all just be making teams that fit our selected types, and preparing for challengers. Or, making challenge teams of our own - to challenge the league with. :D

Pick progress is now-
Spoiler:

THE REMAINING TYPES FOR SECOND PICKS ARE:
Spoiler:

Leader's types so far are:
Spoiler:

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
Years
Thank you Aggrojag - and with that, it's back to you for your second pick Oblivion Wing! And after you do that, we'll just be open for business. And I'll start spreading the word, posting in other forums / sections of this forum, etc to get the word out (hopefully along with some other people doing the same).

So in the meantime, we should all just be making teams that fit our selected types, and preparing for challengers. Or, making challenge teams of our own - to challenge the league with. :D

Pick progress is now-
Spoiler:

THE REMAINING TYPES FOR SECOND PICKS ARE:
Spoiler:

Leader's types so far are:
Spoiler:

Just to make it official through here as well Polar, my second pick will be Ghost... Ready like old times!

Though, I started a new game and I'm on my second island trial. Luckily, however, I traded back and forth with a trusty member (Colour) and a friend of mine to keep my team and pokes. But I always knew this would come back so I raised a Dark/Ghost team just in case (I was hoping for this to happen no joke) so you can imagine just how stoked and exited I am about this.

I will also be trying to bring awareness for the league itself.

Years
I have always wanted to do something like this, am I to late to join? If at all possible could I also make my first round pick?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 3, 2021
Yeah, unfortunately I'm going to have to drop too due to school and travel. Hopefully will be able to stop by as a challenger.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I was waiting for Kyoto to pick before I did, but I will go with grass since it doesn't seem like they will pick any time soon. Did we ever decide on a rule set by the way? My vote would be for Alolan Dex, but whatever everyone was thinking are good with me.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I was waiting for Kyoto to pick before I did, but I will go with grass since it doesn't seem like they will pick any time soon. Did we ever decide on a rule set by the way? My vote would be for Alolan Dex, but whatever everyone was thinking are good with me.

Prism is a multiformat league, and at least last season, the OU banlist applied to all battles in order to provide challengers with consistency, and each leader/elite chose whether their gym was a doubles or singles gym.

Years
So I got the OK from Polar on joining the league, I see you all have made your first round picks and have begun the second round and i know i will be last to choose for this round but for the first round could I make my pick? And if so I choose Fighting

Polar Spectrum

Years
Alright! Deep breath y'all - the setup for the league is pretty much done. (Save a few minor things, like a new addition or two.) And here's what we've wound up with:

Polar Spectrum: Flying / Fighting
Charcoal Embers: Ghost / Fire
TGM: Ice / Water
PicPax: Steel / Dragon
Skyburial: Fairy / Steel
Illobet: Water / Electric
KyotoKerberos: Dragon / Pass
Thopok: Fire / Grass
Aggrojag: Normal / Fairy
Oblivion Wing: Dark / Ghost
Doodlebug: Fighting / Rock

Congrats to everyone on picking / securing your types, and get to team building! If you weren't already aware, you are not required to make one team and stick to it for all challenges, you are allowed to make an entire arsenal of pokemon that fit your gym's types, and use them as you see fit - so long as it's not counterpicking challenger's teams.

Doodlebug, I'll be PM'ing you more, but those two types are in fact open for both slots! So you totally got fighting / rock mate. Welcome aboard :D

As it stands right now, we have a healthy 11 members. Which means we'll be doing 8 gyms and 3 elites. Further rule discussion and developments to the league will be discussed in this thread, and pending the mods' approval, we'll have a separate thread for posting challenges and results, as well as tracking challenge progress and teams.

Years
Quick question, are mega evolutions allowed and are we sticking to VGC or smogon OU and if Smogon, is it going to be pre or post bank since we know bank will be available this month?

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Quick question, are mega evolutions allowed and are we sticking to VGC or smogon OU and if Smogon, is it going to be pre or post bank since we know bank will be available this month?

Prism is a multiformat league, so you'll either be playing OU or 6v6 Doubles with the OU restriction list. Technically all we can play is prebank right now on cart, but once the bank is released you'll have access to all of those Pokemon for the league. Mega evolutions are allowed. Last season we had a flex slot in place for switching between doubles and singles, so you could swap out a Pokemon for another that was more relevant to the format. I've proposed that if we do that again, that we also implement the Doubles OU banlist in double battles.

In the meantime, no Mawile, Kangaskhan, Salamence, or Gengar megas will be allowed at all. The rest are fine.

Polar Spectrum

Years
Hey y'all, quick update since it's been a minute - and some responses to things above.

• The type draft is over, everyone's selected typings should be up to date in the OP. PLEASE message me, if I borked something up there, and your types are something other than what I have listed.
  • We're shooting for having full teams ready for our gym / elite positions by This coming Friday, January the 20th.
  • Your gym teams should be ready to go on cartridge, and can include any pokemon legal by either the singles OU tier list if your gym will be singles format, or doubles OU format if your gym will be in doubles format.
  • Challenger teams can consist of Seven pokemon, to counter the varying formats of the gym leaders. The pokemon you leave out of a match can change at any time throughout your challenge.
  • IF WE GET ENOUGH PEOPLE FOR SHOWDOWN - we can absolutely start doing a league on both platforms again, but we'd need at least Six reliable people to lock in their availability to play on showdown for the league spots. PM me, or post if you'd like to participate.

Oh, and lastly - if anybody wants to do practice battles, test out their teams, or do anything before the league starts up - I'm totally available for matches on cartridge. I have a sorta okay team now, as I'm sure other people do too - and to find those people, again - anyone who's not in contact with myself or other members on another platform outside this forum, it is preeeetty important you get in touch - you can add me on skype, or join in the discord chat Aggrojag set up for us at this link: https://discord.gg/hAJRT It's pretty important we can all communicate some way outside the forum to give each other heads up for matches and availability and such.

Alright, good luck guys :D Battles sooooon.

Last edited:
Years
YOOO. The Prism League is back. I remember bein Elite 4 back in the day, dope!! Well looks like yall have everything figured out, makes me happy to see this back up. Guess I'll have to finally start breeding in Sun to get a team ready by Friday. Hope it all goes smoothly for the launch!

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Your gym teams should be ready to go on cartridge, and can include any pokemon legal by either the singles OU tier list if your gym will be singles format, or doubles OU format if your gym will be in doubles format.

:)

:)

....... :)

mega-mawile-is-here-to-f-k-s-amp-amp-t-up_o_2185349.jpg

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I've got my team ready to go! It's not exactly spectacular and I haven't playtested it at all, but it's there! The discord link isn't working for me so I'm not in there, but I'm going to throw up my info here again so that I'm ready to go whenever things happen.

IGN: Michael
FC: 3883-9520-6456

Looking forward to getting some games in!

Polar Spectrum

Years
I got the green light from Aurora for a challenge thread to begin posting challenge teams, make challenges, and post results! Expect that today folks :D

In the meantime, we never officially set in place who were elites; and who were leaders. While we suss out the challenge thread as it goes up - I'll be trying to battle whomever I can to test out teams (Y'all are totally welcome to and should do the same if you're able) to try and gauge where everyone is skill level wise.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
Years
I got the green light from Aurora for a challenge thread to begin posting challenge teams, make challenges, and post results! Expect that today folks :D

In the meantime, we never officially set in place who were elites; and who were leaders. While we suss out the challenge thread as it goes up - I'll be trying to battle whomever I can to test out teams (Y'all are totally welcome to and should do the same if you're able) to try and gauge where everyone is skill level wise.

I'm ready!

Polar Spectrum

Years
Challenge thread is updated with Skyberry and Nah's teams - I'll be posting mine in there soon; just hard to decide who to roll with now that banks out hahah.

Also; anyone who's looking to start their challenge - I'm participating as a gym leader this time around, so you can hit me up immediately after starting your challenge if you're looking for a gym match.

Right now, I'm looking for a match with Thopok and Iloebet.

Back